Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Just a quick collection of quotes on the first two pages of this....

You are arguing against the very thing most of you use to say that homeowners shouldn't do when confronted with a burglar. You say just do what he says. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, you all say.

Lets change the story to a homeowner being woke up in the middle of the night by an armed burglar. According to most of you, the homeowner should just do what he says and he'll go away peacefully but here you are saying he should do whatever he needs to do to stay safe because he can't know what the other's intentions are.

Now I'm not supporting either party in this because I don't know all of the facts. If I'd been the driver and the homeowner pointed the gun at me I'd flee, but we only have the drivers word that the gun was pointed at him. If I'd been the homeowner, with a sudden commotion in my front yard, I would have my firearm with me when I investigate as I have no idea what is happening at the time. Once I understood it was an auto accident I would have holstered my weapon and attempted to assist. Having just been awakened, understanding this may take a few moments though..
    We don't just have the driver's word, the homeowner actually shot at him, and apparently grazed his head. The sequence of events shows that the homeowner had his gun out, and was telling the guy to kill his engine. Even if the guy chose to flee, and his gun wasn't out, he still chose to fire at someone who was moving away from him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did they have this hanging by their mailbox?

PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Some people just seem to wait and find the dumbest excuses to shoot @ someone. They should be put away for attentive murder imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    or maby they didnt want someone to crash into thier shit and drive away? They told him to cut the engine, but the fucking retard sped off. I dont think id shoot at someone for crashing into my fence but i understand why they did it. Maby people should stop being such empty headed retards when introduced into any situation where they have to think with thier fucking head. Becuase driving off was not what he should have done.

Is this world just devoid of common sense on everyones part. Holy fuck. 95% of the situations i see posted here wouldnt even be a story if one retard didnt decide to escalate a situation by doing somthing fucking stupid.
    So you are saying shooting at a truck for breaking your fence is justified? And sure, if someone points a gun at you you are not allowed to panic right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Did they have this hanging by their mailbox?

He probably drove it off the fence.

Jesus fucking Christ this is why I don't believe in the bullshit myth of "good guy with a gun". All these Rambo wet dream gun nuts who are ready to pull out their guns and kill someone over almost nothing. The guy crashed into your fence, what should you do? How about you call the police and write down his license plate or how about you see if he is all right. But no this psychos first response is go all John Wick and take blood for fence on this situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I was not saying you in the sense of those I quoted. The post was targetted to MMOC-OT in general which was the purpose of the first sentence of my post.

They are both scenarios of being confronted by an armed person in a situation where you are at less than 100% mental capacity.

Again this was aimed at the forum as a whole not individuals that I quotoed. The general consensus of the progressive members of this forum is that guns are evil and when confronted with an armed person you should do as they say and they will leave you in peace. You can call the police afterwards.

This is exactly my point. If I am unarmed, I will try to flee. If I am armed I will flee or use my weapon depending on the situation.

True but statements that include "retard" or "fucking retarded" are pretty much someone making judgements not debating a hypothetical scenario.

There is no forensic evidence of when the gun was pointed at the driver. The forensic evidence is that actual shots were fired. This proves little to nothing about when the gun was pointed or even if the gun was fired while the driver was even there.
    They broke the back window so clearly you're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ this is why I don't believe in the bullshit myth of "good guy with a gun". All these Rambo wet dream gun nuts who are ready to pull out their guns and kill someone over almost nothing. The guy crashed into your fence, what should you do? How about you call the police and write down his license plate or how about you see if he is all right. But no this psychos first response is go all John Wick and take blood for fence on this situation.
    no it wasnt but it appears you fail at reading and cant comprehend the article. Go take another look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So nicely said

- - - Updated - - -

no it wasnt but it appears you fail at reading and cant comprehend the article. Go take another look.
    Your OPINION is pretty clear to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    So nicely said

- - - Updated - - -

Your OPINION is pretty clear to everyone.
    its not my opinion, the article clearly states that he did not just come out shooting after the crash, that he came out with his gun, told the driver to turn off the engine, the driver then floored it and the home owner tried to shoot the tires out. Boy thats alot of blood thirsty right there.

Deleted
    its not my opinion, the article clearly states that he did not just come out shooting after the crash, that he came out with his gun, told the driver to turn off the engine, the driver then floored it and the home owner tried to shoot the tires out. Boy thats alot of blood thirsty right there.
    We clearly have 2 different opinions on this case, you just don't shoot10 bullets onto a fleeing vehicle for breaking your fence. It's not like they were in any danger. Still I will respect your opinion I just really disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    We clearly have 2 different opinions on this case, you just don't shoot10 bullets onto a fleeing vehicle for breaking your fence. It's not like they were in any danger. Still I will respect your opinion I just really disagree with it.
    you clearly didnt read the article. the father was shooting at the tires. THe idiot son herd gunfire and ranoutside shooting randomly without knowing what was going on.Clear seperation of events and they were clearly outlined. If the homeowner was out for blood and wanted to kill the driver he could have just shot him without saying a word. But he didnt, he told him to turn of the engine to attempt to avoid a hit and run on his property.

I dont know about you but i know a proper fence can cost several thousand dollars and take a good amount of backbreaking work to fix if destroyed.

Deleted
    you clearly didnt read the article. the father was shooting at the tires. THe idiot son herd gunfire and ranoutside shooting randomly without knowing what was going on.Clear seperation of events and they were clearly outlined. If the homeowner was out for blood and wanted to kill the driver he could have just shot him without saying a word. But he didnt, he told him to turn of the engine to attempt to avoid a hit and run on his property.

I dont know about you but i know a proper fence can cost several thousand dollars and take a good amount of backbreaking work to fix if destroyed.
    Don't say I diddent read it cause I did, you claim shooting was justified I don't. Nothing more nothing less.

im sure when someones vandalizing your shit there in england you go out and ask them to please leave and they do.
    Yes, well, in England you sure as hell don't blow someone else's head off for a fence...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    really though? do they? or do they only happen in countries where guns arent banned?

cos in the real world i, and literally anyone ive ever known, have never pointed a gun at someone, nor have had a gun pointed at me. cos ya know, in the real world, most of us dont have a gun culture/second amendment bullshit
    Apparently the real world ends at the borders of the US. I think I'm gonna start an experiment and read everything American as if it was meant to be the opposite. I think conversations make more sense that way.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well sounds like someone will need that fence repair money to pay some high lawyer fees, the castle Doctrine doesn't apply to your front yard.

More responsible conservative gun owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Well sounds like someone will need that fence repair money to pay some high lawyer fees, the castle Doctrine doesn't apply to your front yard.
    The Castle Doctrine applies to wherever you are, even if not on your property i.e. you have no legal requirement to flee: You're allowed to stand and fight. It only got it's name from the very first laws that said you don't have to flee your home. It's been expanded upon greatly since.

(The above doesn't detract from the fact the father and son are dumb asses who are going to be spending some time in jail.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

or maby they didnt want someone to crash into thier shit and drive away? They told him to cut the engine, but the fucking retard sped off. I dont think id shoot at someone for crashing into my fence but i understand why they did it. Maby people should stop being such empty headed retards when introduced into any situation where they have to think with thier fucking head. Becuase driving off was not what he should have done.

Is this world just devoid of common sense on everyones part. Holy fuck. 95% of the situations i see posted here wouldnt even be a story if one retard didnt decide to escalate a situation by doing somthing fucking stupid.
    No no no. What the hell is wrong with you? Don't point guns at people for trivial bullshit, you fucking psycho.

Seriously, fuck your fence. It isn't worth almost murdering someone over.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-10-11 at 03:57 AM.

Some people here... had he turned the engine off, hed have lost his only way out had the persons pointing the gun at him tried to punish him.

Let's do a little exercise on escalation vs de-escalation:

Pointing a gun at someone... escalation
    Trying to flee a dangerous situation... de-escalation
    Shooting at someone who's fleeing... escalation

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Some people here... had he turned the engine off, hed have lost his only way out had the persons pointing the gun at him tried to punish him.
    if the home owner wanted to kill him why the fuck would he have not just shot him immediatly. the fucking leaps you people make on this shit is astounding, the home owner wanted to punish him of course, by making him pay for the damage. He didnt want him driving off like he did. its not hard to not be able to see a plate, car lights on it dont work, street lights are shit, plates not visible or not there. And i dont know about you but after ever crash iv ever been in the first thing i or the driver do is turn off the engine. This dude obviously had some time to turn it off as the homeowner had to most likely grab his gun, get up, put some shoes on and come outside. He didnt fucking teleport into his yard. Both parties are at fault, the ones that shot and the driver. But at no point did the homeowner try and kill the driver. And the article clearly states the homeowner tried to shoot the drivers tires out as he was driving away, obviously not the split second some of you are trying to make it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Let's do a little exercise on escalation vs de-escalation:

Pointing a gun at someone... escalation
    Trying to flee a dangerous situation... de-escalation
    Shooting at someone who's fleeing... escalation
    so if a criminal tried to run from a cop pointing a gun at them thats deescalation?