Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

If you kill the interesting characters off the story becomes boring

Kill characters like Sylvanas, Jaina, Anduin, and Velen off and this lore of this game will go downhill quickly. Useless characters like Tyrande, Thrall, and Malfurion who no longer deliver anything to the plot are the ones who should die so we can get characters who CAN deliver.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Anduin is interesting? He's the most generic chosen one character ever.

Agreed. I think characters from group that have been basically doing nothing forever are the ones that should die, so they can add some plot hook for that group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Anduin is interesting? He's the most generic chosen one character ever.
    And one of the three characters in the world that doesn't insists on communally suicidal wars while bigger third threats are present. The story loses even more credibility with no one yearning for peace than it does due to someone prophesized to save everybody (Because prophecies have been so right in warcraft thus far)

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    And one of the three characters in the world that doesn't insists on communally suicidal wars while bigger third threats are present. The story loses even more credibility with no one yearning for peace than it does due to someone prophesized to save everybody (Because prophecies have been so right in warcraft thus far)
    Because he is the wisest chosen one ever and everyone else is dumb and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because he is the wisest chosen one ever and everyone else is dumb and wrong.
    Until he gets void corrupted, or fails to defend someone, or any other kind of failures that come only following participating in something. So far he has yet to act in any way so of course he has yet to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Honestly, what anyone wants is irrelevant. Characters should die as long their death mean something. Unfortunately, that's not always the case and that's when a character's death is little more than a waste.

For the rest, you wrote a list of characters you either like or don't like then attached some pretentious reasoning to turn your bias into fact. But it's a thread of yours Theramore so what can we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    They could learn a thing or two from Game of Thrones, kill off characters, introduce new ones

Deleted
    thrall is prolly raising a green anduin atm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    They could learn a thing or two from Game of Thrones, kill off characters, introduce new ones
    you forgot about KING varian and WARCHIEF vol'jin? oh and ysera!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    thrall is prolly raising a green anduin atm

- - - Updated - - -

you forgot about KING varian and WARCHIEF vol'jin? oh and ysera!
    But where are these new and interesting characters to replace them? Anduin??? Sylvanas imo is not that interesting so as replacements for leadership they are not doing a good job.

They can make more characters.
    They can build existing characters up.
    They have a lot - a LOT of living NPCs to work with.

They'll be fine.

Wow needs to develop new characters, freesh blood, people that can take important roles in the history.

Legion is almost over and with all the classe being developed to fight the Legion we could see new characters appearing in the new expansion.

Deleted
    But where are these new and interesting characters to replace them? Anduin??? Sylvanas imo is not that interesting so as replacements for leadership they are not doing a good job.
    personally i find sylvanas more interesting than vol'jin.. anduin has been a bit bland, but i hope/believe that he will become alot more interesting in a near future.

Killing off Varian didn't make the story boring.

Hey, it made me kill Argus, Jail Sargeras (Well, I HELPED. So, it counts. SHH), and meet the Pantheon. So....YAY!

- - - Updated - - -

New and Interesting? Magni, Velen, Khadgar, Me, You, Every WoW Player, Turalyon, Alleria, The Pantheon, and several others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

Hey, it made me kill Argus, Jail Sargeras (Well, I HELPED. So, it counts. SHH), and meet the Pantheon. So....YAY!

- - - Updated - - -

New and Interesting? Magni, Velen, Khadgar, Me, You, Every WoW Player, Turalyon, Alleria, The Pantheon, and several others.
    Magni is just a messenger, Velen just stands around, Khadgar is a meme, players dont count, Turalyon...he has nice gear, Alleria is probably the only one thats interesting but so far weve not seen much, im still waiting for the raid to hit before I see how interesting the pantheon are going to be, though theres probably some lore vids out there but its whats happening now that counts.

Magni is just a messenger, Velen just stands around, Khadgar is a meme, players dont count, Turalyon...he has nice gear, Alleria is probably the only one thats interesting but so far weve not seen much, im still waiting for the raid to hit before I see how interesting the pantheon are going to be, though theres probably some lore vids out there but its whats happening now that counts.
    Players don't count? But, we wield the Ashbringer, and such (Even though, in lore, 1 guy wields all of the Paladin Artifacts, while the other wields the other Class Artifacts, and so on). We're pretty canon. :/

For the other characters though, I see what you mean. :/

- - - Updated - - -

I personally have 0 interest in my character being anything more than another grunt in the war machine as far as lore goes. To each their own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Players don't count? But, we wield the Ashbringer, and such (Even though, in lore, 1 guy wields all of the Paladin Artifacts, while the other wields the other Class Artifacts, and so on). We're pretty canon. :/

The reason I don't count the player is because we control the character. The Ashbringer is more interesting than the one wielding it, considering you have some paladins just doing world quests and LFR and others clearing Mythic lmao.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

The player character has no character. They are a mute dress up doll showered with praise to please the lowest common denominator of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The player character has no character. They are a mute dress up doll showered with praise to please the lowest common denominator of players.
    But we have legendary participation trophies! I mean, artifacts.

I never thought I would say this, but honestly we need more orcs. All we have right now is either depressed, crippled or on their way to the nursing home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.