Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Suggestion: Ignore Moderator

Not talking about Supermods, but it would be nice if we could ignore specific moderators ( with a limit of 2-3 ) on the forums and get a flag placed on our accounts that made it so those specific mods could not handle our posts and they were deferred to other moderators for review. There's a lot of mods at the moment who are unable to separate their politics from their ability to moderate. Because of that, I think such a feature would improve the nature of the forums if there was a more visible form of ensuring when a post is disciplined, it is done so by someone who is not completely unhinged or politically biased.

I've based this suggestion large part out of a concern for the conduct Edge- showcased in this thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...how-continues/

And this one which is as far as I can tell against the Law. Specifically, 18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-November-4th/

Thanks for reading.

Deleted
    Mind linking to the actual posts, rather than to a 30 page long thread?

Just no ... if a moderator isn't doing their job, then they shouldn't be a moderator. If they are doing their job - then they should be let do their job.

Also - just because a moderator gets a decision wrong once in a while, doesn't mean they are failing - it just means they are human, and unpaid humans at that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Not talking about Supermods, but it would be nice if we could ignore specific moderators ( with a limit of 2-3 ) on the forums and get a flag placed on our accounts that made it so those specific mods could not handle our posts and they were deferred to other moderators for review. There's a lot of mods at the moment who are unable to separate their politics from their ability to moderate. Because of that, I think such a feature would improve the nature of the forums if there was a more visible form of ensuring when a post is disciplined, it is done so by someone who is not completely unhinged or politically biased.

I've based this suggestion large part out of a concern for the conduct Edge- showcased in this thread

And this one which is as far as I can tell against the Law. Specifically, 18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Thanks for reading.
    I don't see the part where Edge is unable to moderate effectively due to political stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    I don't see the part where Edge is unable to moderate effectively due to political stance.
    I'm sure if Edge's political views aligned with his this wouldn't even be open right now.

Not talking about Supermods, but it would be nice if we could ignore specific moderators ( with a limit of 2-3 ) on the forums and get a flag placed on our accounts that made it so those specific mods could not handle our posts and they were deferred to other moderators for review. There's a lot of mods at the moment who are unable to separate their politics from their ability to moderate.
    Bwaahahahaha!

Poor persecuted you. You dindo nuffin rong and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it have to be political to be biased?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just no ... if a moderator isn't doing their job, then they shouldn't be a moderator. If they are doing their job - then they should be let do their job.

Also - just because a moderator gets a decision wrong once in a while, doesn't mean they are failing - it just means they are human, and unpaid humans at that.
    Or the poster is bitching about getting a well deserved infraction and chooses to believe it's because of the evil moderator persecuting him for ideological reasons rather than take a moment for introspection.

Cough cough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

People act on their own behalf and others whether they are paid or not. Most of time because of not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or the poster is bitching about getting a well deserved infraction and chooses to believe it's because of the evil moderator persecuting him for ideological reasons rather than take a moment for introspection.

Cough cough.
    Is that because you don’t like the OP or because you simply disagree?

Thanks for reading.
    But Edge isnt a General Off-topic mod or Politic one? so why should it matter what he posts in those areas

Publicly discussing moderation goes against the forum rules, are you sure you are not discussing bans that happened because of disrespecting the rules like you just did?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't ignoring moderators but rather that they should face a review system. I've never seen a moderator get demodded..

Accountability is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    The problem isn't ignoring moderators but rather that they should face a review system. I've never seen a moderator get demodded..

Accountability is a good thing.
    Review systems can be like using oil to put out a fire. I might not like what cops do that doesn’t mean random idiots should be allowed to vote on them.

It should be black and white with and objective judgment.

Thanks for reading.
    Edge- can be a disgusting human at times, but where in that thread did he (or she?) do anything wrong? You tried to make it about racism, but it simply wasn't there. Also, Edge- isn't a mod in the politics forum, nor was a mod action taken in that thread (unless I missed it). What really is the problem? If you disagree with a mod's action, take it up with a global.

This site has enough toxic members. Allowing trolls to ignore actions by mods will not be helpful.
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey let’s all vote if your bank should give you fresh crisp $100 dollar bills.

it won't get added because Endus won't be able to infract anyone as he's added to everyone's list.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand how some of you let moderators get under your skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Edge- can be a disgusting human at times, but where in that thread did he (or she?) do anything wrong? You tried to make it about racism, but it simply wasn't there. Also, Edge- isn't a mod in the politics forum, nor was a mod action taken in that thread (unless I missed it). What really is the problem? If you disagree with a mod's action, take it up with a global.

This site has enough toxic members. Allowing trolls to ignore actions by mods will not be helpful.

Oh here we go I hate the OP and think @Edge is swell. What the fuck does your post have to do with the topic of the thread which is about an ignore feature from moderaters. Which is pretty silly.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-11 at 03:42 AM.

I've been begging for this for a long time.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing