Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You're just getting offended over incredibly minor things. Grow a thicker skin. It's not disrespectful to kneel instead of stand.
    im not offended, i just think they are dissrespectfull. And even if i was so what? my life will go on, they will keep being overpayed. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Roger Goodell had to do this because the NFL is first and foremost a corporation and the actions of their employees are costing the corporation money. Nothing more to read into this.
    Not sure where people are getting this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-2017-revenue/

The NFL seems to be doing pretty well. Highly doubt something like this will have much impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The only reason it's even drawing attention is because a bunch of babies threw a tantrum over it.
    true that, it should have never been a thing, kap could have faded into his mcdonalds job and this would be over. but its too late now. it SHOULD have ended with kap, but he got so much attention others decided they want a few extra minutes in the spotlight, and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    it would never get to that point because no player would ever risk it. keep trying little dude
    I hate to break it to you but a star player could be released from a team and have 31 other teams ringing his phone the next day. Keep coming with the fail.

Teams repeatedly sign massive fuck ups like Aldon Smith, Pac Man and the like and you think a legitimate star player isn't going to get work for kneeling? ROFLMFAO. Might want to actually look up what those names I just dropped have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not sure where people are getting this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-2017-revenue/

The NFL seems to be doing pretty well. Highly doubt something like this will have much impact.
    doesnt mean they would be willing to lose even 1% of players stupid attention whoring. they clearly are not willing, thus, the statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but a star player could be released from a team and have 31 other teams ringing his phone the next day. Keep coming with the fail.

Teams repeatedly sign massive fuck ups like Aldon Smith, Pac Man and the like and you think a legitimate star player isn't going to get work for kneeling? ROFLMFAO. Might want to actually look up what those names I just dropped have done.
    again, it wouldnt happen, as they would respect what the owners and coaches tell them, if they didnt, they would just get tucked away until they changed their ways.

again, it wouldnt happen, as they would respect what the owners and coaches tell them, if they didnt, they would just get tucked away until they changed their ways.
    Because coaches just love to have their best players sit on the bench while they are losing football games.

true that, it should have never been a thing, kap could have faded into his mcdonalds job and this would be over. but its too late now. it SHOULD have ended with kap, but he got so much attention others decided they want a few extra minutes in the spotlight, and here we are.
    Yes, the same idiots also threw tantrums when Kap did it. It shouldn't even be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Because coaches just love to have their best players sit on the bench while they are losing football games.
    luckily we will never have to worry about it, no player would risk it if told by their owners and coaches. kap sure didnt fair well.

You mean like they respect the owners and coaches telling them to not beat women or drive drunk?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You mean like they respect the owners and coaches telling them to not beat women or drive drunk?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    not kneeling is a little easier for most of their small brains to handle and control.

luckily we will never have to worry about it, no player would risk it if told by their owners and coaches. kap sure didnt fair well.
    Kaepernick wasn't a good player. Kaepernick had 1 good year, got an overpriced contract and proceeded to regress every year after. The 49ers where getting rid of him kneeling or not. You keep proving you literally have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

On a side note I'm wondering who "kap" is so I just assumed /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how some people argue that people are disrespecting the flag and the people who 'fought' for it. Using the same logic, shouldn't those same people be disgusted by the flag, considering how the US came to be? Ironic, really.

I'll never understand the US patriotism. I'll keep finding it moronic.
    Hi

Kaepernick wasn't a good player. Kaepernick had 1 good year, got an overpriced contract and proceeded to regress every year after. The 49ers where getting rid of him kneeling or not. You keep proving you literally have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

On a side note I'm wondering who "kap" is so I just assumed /s
    no no, i agree, he was fuckin horrid. but lets be honest, if it wasnt for that, he would still have a spot on a team. you HAVE NO IDEA what you are talking about if you say otherwise, that would just be total dribble.

also if you dont know who kap is, i dunno what to tell you, its how its abbreviated in most fantasy league chats, forums, etc, you are just being a child.

Well, the NFL hasn't lost any major sponsors yet. I think if the NFL lost money they would take a firmer stand.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

no no, i agree, he was fuckin horrid. but lets be honest, if it wasnt for that, he would still have a spot on a team. you HAVE NO IDEA what you are talking about if you say otherwise, that would just be total dribble.
    The thing is you're comparing a player who would be a backup to star players. It doesn't work like that sunshine. The front offices thinking the Kaep media distraction isn't worth having for a backup is not the same as getting rid of a perennial all pro. Not even close. Thank you come again.

Even outside of the obvious play advantage to get rid of a legit star player is to nerf your own jersey sales and attendance. It literally loses you money. Nobody has said shit to the actual star players for doing it for a reason, and nobody ever will.

What happened to Kap hasn't stopped them from continuing to protest...it seems to have had the opposite effect.

The thing is you're comparing a player who would be a backup to star players. It doesn't work like that sunshine. The front offices thinking the Kaep media distraction isn't worth having for a backup is not the same as getting rid of a perennial all pro. Not even close. Thank you come again.

Even outside of the obvious play advantage to get rid of a legit star player is to nerf your own jersey sales and attendance. It literally loses you money. Nobody has said shit to the actual star players for doing it for a reason, and nobody ever will.
    it would never happen, a star player wont risk it. they will listen to their coaches and owners, as they have for years already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What happened to Kap hasn't stopped them from continuing to protest...it seems to have had the opposite effect.
    now that the league is beginning to take a stance, they will cut their bullshit out when told and need to find a new way for easy attention.

10+ Year Old Account

No one cares what they do though.

Joe Republican isn't going out of his way to read about what random football players are doing in their spare time. He does care when he turns on his football game and sees (from his point of view), players insulting his anthem/flag/country/etc...

And when he gets pissed he and others like him turn off the game. And the advertisers are like "Hmmm way less people are watching, I am going to pay less for this ad space..." And the NFL makes less money.

Having a star player on their team is irrelevant if that star player causes large portions of their viewer base to stop watching their games.

The NFL and its teams, like any business, exist to make money. These players are jeopardizing that with their protests. There are thousands of slightly worse players who would happily step in and take those players' places.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-10-11 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, the NFL hasn't lost any major sponsors yet. I think if the NFL lost money they would take a firmer stand.
    That's the problem for them though, with the fan base making their stance they are losing ratings. Ratings are what drive the market for TV contracts and TV contracts is where a whole crap ton of money comes from. It's really hard to walk into negotiations and get more money from the major television companies if your product has slipped 10, 20, or 30% from what it was. If they get less viewers that means they make less money on adds, which means the NFL makes less money on TV contracts.

It also means players get less exposure, there are fewer jerseys and other items sold, which pulls money out of their pockets. I also know around here there have been life long season ticket holders that have dropped their tickets over it.

They haven't lost a ton of money over it yet, but this letter is all about the writing on the wall. It doesn't matter who is in the right or who is in the wrong, losing money and back sliding is not a good thing for the owners or the players.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can’t imagine some Russian soccer player would allow himself even some slight appearance of disrespect to our flag or anthem. Not that those NFL freaks are the worst of America’s problems though
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.