Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    I can’t imagine some Russian soccer player would allow himself even some slight appearance of disrespect to our flag or anthem. Not that those NFL freaks are the worst of America’s problems though
    Well, yeah, Putin would probably arrange an "accident" for them if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How are they disrespectful?
    because this isnt going to accomplish shit? As is evident so far. snubbing the national anthem and flag for some purpose? the 2 are not connected. Tehy are taking advantage of a public platform they are on to push the current sjw ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post

now that the league is beginning to take a stance, they will cut their bullshit out when told and need to find a new way for easy attention.
    Again, if this were so easily handled...it would have already been dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    because this isnt going to accomplish shit? As is evident so far. snubbing the national anthem and flag for some purpose? the 2 are not connected. Tehy are taking advantage of a public platform they are on to push the current sjw ideal.
    Most of the players doing it also donate to charity each time they do it.

So what are they accomplishing? Not sure in the grand scheme of things but it has to be more then you're accomplishing playing games and complaining on message boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it isn't going to accomplish anything then why are you so opposed to it?

Frankly I see it less about disrespecting the flag and more about disrespecting the people they feel are disrespecting the flag by holding office and conducting themselves in the way they do.

Honestly, all the NFL has to do is stick to its guns. America isn't going to stop watching football; least of all middle America. They have Trump by the balls on this one. He can't do anything but make himself look more and more foolish spending more and more effort angrily tweeting about it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Actually it's very easy to handle, all that has to happen is for the League office to put out a rule that says that everyone has to stand or X will happen and that's the end of it. Keep in mind them playing football for these teams is their job, and there has already been rulings about these sort of things from the courts decades ago. The players may not like it, but they would have little recourse in a court of law.

It really comes down to if the owners and the league are willing to fine/bench/suspend/etc it's star players. That is the only " hard ' part of the whole thing.

it is being dealt with now, and quite easily at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If it isn't going to accomplish anything then why are you so opposed to it?

Frankly I see it less about disrespecting the flag and more about disrespecting the people they feel are disrespecting the flag by holding office and conducting themselves in the way they do.

Honestly, all the NFL has to do is stick to its guns. America isn't going to stop watching football; least of all middle America. They have Trump by the balls on this one. He can't do anything but make himself look more and more foolish spending more and more effort angrily tweeting about it.
    You might want to look again, ratings are dropping pretty quickly over this, thus the reason for the letter to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The NFL handbook states that players

1. MUST be on the field for the anthem and
    2. SHOULD stand during the anthem

It's completely within their rights to sit kneel or do otherwise during the anthem.

Trump on the other hand is going out of his way to tell an employer and their employees what they should do when he has no grounds to do so. He's made a giant mistake by tweeting that he could consider changing tax laws if the NFL doesn't comply with his wishes. It's now become a violation of the first amendment.
    Actually there isn't. It has been stated as a Facebook meme and there has been tons of articles that state otherwise.

http://wkrn.com/2017/09/25/fact-chec...tional-anthem/

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a rule stating he cant sack them?
    Yeah, the contract the player signed with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    it is being dealt with now, and quite easily at that.
    You don't seem to understand what "easily dealt with" means. You don't put out public statements for situations that are "easily dealt with". You just deal with them....quietly.

Easily dealt with means it would never have gotten to this point. The very first time Kaepernick sat down it would have been taken care of. It's not something they'd still be dealing with a year later.

The really stupid thing about this controversy is that it has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag or with protesting police brutality, that whole kerfuffle came and went last season and nobody was really paying attention to it this year until Trump opened his mouth. The real issue is that Trump has this long running vendetta against the NFL dating back to the USFL days where, to be perfectly fair, the USFL did get totally screwed over since the NFL was too deeply entrenched and nobody dared to upset the apple cart. So really all these Trumpettes who think they are taking some kind of valiant stand against PC/SJW/virtue signaling gone awry or whatever they call it are really just being co-opted by Trump to fight another one of his silly personal battles that everyone else has long since forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    Nope, you are expressing your freedoms that those people fight for in the past. A flag is just a piece of cloth, literally nothing more.
    tell that to the families who received a piece that "piece of cloth" because of the sacrifices of loved ones.
    also. if its just a piece of cloth. you should literally have had ZERO COMPLAINTS about the confederate flag.
    its just a piece of cloth right? (Personal Note - i don't support those who go around with the confederate flag. just making a point).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Or used as a bikini?
    depends. are they literally using the flag as a bikini/clothes? don't support that.

if its the likeness of the flag on a bikini/clothes, thats fine.
    Last edited by AceofH; 2017-10-11 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't seem to understand what "easily dealt with" means. You don't put out public statements for situations that are "easily dealt with". You just deal with them....quietly.

Easily dealt with means it would never have gotten to this point. The very first time Kaepernick sat down it would have been taken care of. It's not something they'd still be dealing with a year later.
    I mean it was... Kaepernick was gone, protests were sparse and not widely covered.

Then Trump opened his retarded mouth and it became a big deal again, with far more players joining the protest and it becoming the controversy it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'm one of them.

Civilians need to understand that Military members don't get to choose what they fight for. It's the role of Civilians to make their will known, and if peaceful protests like this are suppressed, then the military will be used against their own interests, and not in support of it.
    i support there right to protest. i don't support the reason for the protest or how they go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    tell that to the families who received a piece that "piece of cloth" because of the sacrifices of loved ones.
    Sacrifices made so that people would have the right to protest.

Sacrifices made so that people would have the right to protest.
    they have the right to protest. and i support there right to protest. i do not however support how they go about the protest or what they protest. by the way. if its just a piece of cloth. They should literally have had ZERO COMPLAINTS about the confederate flag.
    its just a piece of cloth right? (Personal Note - i don't support those who go around with the confederate flag. just making a point).

- - - Updated - - -

But oh so many of the "ITS JUST A PIECE OF CLOTH, etc" Crowd had big issues with the confederate flag. hypocrisy.

they have the right to protest. and i support there right to protest. i do not however support how they go about the protest or what they protest. by the way. if its just a piece of cloth. They should literally have had ZERO COMPLAINTS about the confederate flag.
    It's not about the piece of cloth in either case. It's about what that piece of cloth represents.
    And no one is protesting against the American Flag or against the National Anthem. They are protesting against racial inequality and police brutality during the national anthem.

also. just like those players have a right to protest the national anthem, so do we have a right to then in turn protest the NFL. we did. we protested with our wallets and tvs.

How is that display of confederate flag doesn't disrespect our national flag?

Personally, I don't care if you kneel or run around with a symbol of rebellion.

also. just like those players have a right to protest the national anthem, so do we have a right to then in turn protest the NFL. we did. we protested with our wallets and tvs.
    And no one is saying you don't have that right.