Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Seems like exaggeration to me, I've been groped more than a few times while riding the metro. No PTSD, just getting chocked or pissed off right when it happens.
    And that's a reasonable reaction. Get pissed. Shame him publicly. That's all that needs to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Any traumatic event can cause PTSD and this might amaze you but being sexually assaulted is traumatic.

In fact, it's often the brazenness of the attack, the confidence of the attacker that you won't fight back and the shame that causes the trauma more so than the actual incident. Being sexually assaulted is as much mental and emotional as it is physical.
    Okay back up. Getting groped is sexual assault by law, but sexual assault covers an immense range of interactions and getting groped is definitely on the mild side of the scale. Don't try to make this seem worse than it actually is by applying legal terminology.

The idea that the confidence of the 'attacker' (again, poor word choice, so let's say 'groper') is what gives people trauma is less of a justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Any traumatic event can cause PTSD and this might amaze you but being sexually assaulted is traumatic.

In fact, it's often the brazenness of the attack, the confidence of the attacker that you won't fight back and the shame that causes the trauma more so than the actual incident. Being sexually assaulted is as much mental and emotional as it is physical.
    Getting groped isn't as traumatic as you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Wait terry crews the huge buff guy?
    Terry Crews is basically saying he got raped by The Rock.

I know he didn't name names, but there's a very short list of people big enough to rape him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    But...there are plenty of things people an do. For one, call that guy out. Even just saying (loudly) 'Why'd you just grope my xyz?!' in a public place is a pretty strong counterattack. And it's really easy. You can also use legal mechanisms. If you just don't feel like doing these things because it'll hurt your job prospects, you're either not actually that disturbed by it or you're not thinking hard enough.
    It's the power dynamic. It's not that you don't have any options, just none you feel you can actually take. I'm not saying he's right or wrong to feel that way, but if he felt like the guy had power over him by being richer and more "important", it could have done a number on his mental state. I highly doubt he has anything comparable to PTSD over it but I wouldn't doubt that the situation has messed with his head pretty good.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    It's the power dynamic. It's not that you don't have any options, just none you feel you can actually take. I'm not saying he's right or wrong to feel that way, but if he felt like the guy had power over him by being richer and more "important", it could have done a number on his mental state. I highly doubt he has anything comparable to PTSD over it but I wouldn't doubt that the situation has messed with his head pretty good.
    There are still a lot of ways around that power dynamic. If you 'feel' like you have no options, you're not thinking hard enough. There are serious legal ramifications for this kind of stuff if you really want to go there. Or you could just publicly shame him and then take him to court if it starts affecting your job.

Okay back up. Getting groped is sexual assault by law, but sexual assault covers an immense range of interactions and getting groped is definitely on the mild side of the scale. Don't try to make this seem worse than it actually is by applying legal terminology.

The idea that the confidence of the 'attacker' (again, poor word choice, so let's say 'groper') is what gives people trauma is less of a justification.
    Like I said, it's not necessarily the actual physical act that is traumatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Getting groped isn't as traumatic as you seem to think it is.
    I didn't say it was always.

It's not ever okay though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still a lot of ways around that power dynamic. If you 'feel' like you have no options, you're not thinking hard enough. There are serious legal ramifications for this kind of stuff if you really want to go there. Or you could just publicly shame him and then take him to court if it starts affecting your job.
    That's how it SHOULD work, but a lot of the time it doesn't, and the idea of dealing with all that is intimidating. I'm only speaking from my experience, which was a much worse ordeal than Terry Crews is talking about, but this kind of thing really does a number on your mind.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Sounds easy on paper, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I can relate. I've been groped a couple of times - once by a man, once by a woman. Both were very drunk strangers. I'm not traumatized by it, because it wasn't in any way a situation where I couldn't tell the person to fuck off, unlike Terry Crews. The guy was so blackout drunk he couldn't walk in a straight line, and I doubt he even realized why I was telling him off. However, I've always been a bit weird about personal space, and those situations did not help that.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Uh, it's Terry fucking Crews.

It's not some random no-name. If Terry Crews said someone assaulted him most people would believe it because he has literally no motivation to lie, especially about sexual assault.
    Judging by how some people here treat other cases of sexual assault...they'd say something like "How do we know he didn't consent to the grope and just felt bad about it later so he called it assault?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Wait terry crews the huge buff guy?
    President Camacho.

Deleted
    I'm not surprised, it's to be expected due to terry's gay ass comercials n hollywood being full of homo-sexuals, add that gays find it accaptable to grope each other trump style

Then there's the thing for western men it's edgy to pretend to be gay. From tv hosts (jon stewart), football fans (especially english getting drunk naked wearing dildos on their hats) twitch streamers (pewdiepie, asmongold who goes on about sucking dicks to create lulz spam in chat - stream views)...

What bothers me about hollywood is the up in the top pedophile rings...sick place hollywood is...

Deleted
    What a sad thread, so many posters seem to be contra Crews. It's worrisome how many take his statement personal and want to tell Crews how to feel about the incident.

He didn't deal well with it, he found it disturbing, but you tell him to man up, to brush it off - why ? Why can't he be unsettled by it ? Superiors are not allowed to just grope you when they feel like it, you're not property. That's what I guess distressed Crews so much, that the exec took the right of his actions for granted, or is used to treat people in such a way. That it can happen again.

For 30 years, Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed and even raped women in Hollywood, because onlookers remained silent and victims were too terrified to come forward. Social media has already crucified Gwyneth Paltrow for getting preyed on by Weinstein in his hotel room when she was 22. Yeah, what a stupid bitch. Who then got yelled at by Weinstein over the phone to not tell anyone else, after her then boyfriend Brad Pitt confronted Weinstein about what had happened. Yeah, what a stupid bitch.

Here we are again, with users who choose to question Terry Crews integrity and his manliness, because THEY imagine themselves to be Superman, had THEY been in his place. Because - what's the big deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    This. If they all want to come out now and take a stand, tell everyone who these monsters are. Even now, they don’t want to risk it.
    As he said, power and influence means he'd get attacked instead of the dude that grabbed his jewels.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

There are some real creeps and scumbags out there. I consider myself lucky that I've never had to deal with someone like that who would make me feel powerless.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    There are some real creeps and scumbags out there. I consider myself lucky that I've never had to deal with someone like that who would make me feel powerless.
    It's not like you *have* to deal with these creeps and scumbags, it's just that if you don't deal with them then you will be passed over for a person who will 'deal' with them. Consent is given on both sides, so why is this wrong?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    That’s how much of a cesspool Hollywood I guess.
    Not limited to Hollywood. This is right up the alley of Mr. Grab Them By The Pussy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    People bring up the current PotUS in practically every thread don’t they?
    As if he had a history of groping. Oh, wait...

Why are people blaming trump?

A jewish man known for making films raped multiple women below the age of 18 and fled the united states to escape conviction.

Hollywood 'liberals' still endorse this individual.

So how is this trumps fault and not that of the abusive culture of leftist virtue signaling showbiz elites?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Not limited to Hollywood. This is right up the alley of Mr. Grab Them By The Pussy.

- - - Updated - - -

As if he had a history of groping. Oh, wait...
    I'm pretty sure its fine so long as the people involved are consenting adults
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Getting your privates groped gives you PTSD now?

There's a serious lack of mental fortitude developing in this nation.
    American footballers hitting their heads into each other gives them concussion now?

There's a serious lack of physical fortitude developing in this nation.