Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Spare me the rhetoric of "muh flag". By that logic the tea-party was only about tea? If you are fighting for a flag instead of the rights of the people you aren't fighting for the right cause.
    And you make a fucking crappy American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    These football players are expressing their opinions in a public forum as well...aren't they beautiful too?
    No they arent, they are at work. If they want to voice their opinions have them hold a rally away from work, or heres one for you, use twitter!

Equality and racism are not just one sided. Lets glance just for an example, Remember the Australian teacher shot by a black cop when she was the one that called police because she heard a commotion in the alley next to her house?...it got no attention did it. No one is screaming racism. I am not saying it was a racist shooting, I am merely pointing out that that shooting got no attention, no one is burning down business' or causing traffic jams over her are they?

Sliske tells Roger Goodell and everyone else to shut the fuck up about a god damn theme tune. What're they gonna start crying about next? szechuan sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    No they arent, they are at work. If they want to voice their opinions have them hold a rally away from work, or heres one for you, use twitter!
    Their job is to play football....not stand for the national anthem.

Where was all the outrage when Trump disrespected a veteran in McCain or when he disrespected gold star family Khan?

But a bunch of (mostly) black players want to kneel and it's a huge outrage?

Thing is, the players aren't just anonymous worker bees who have to shut up and do what the boss says, because as it turns out they are actually pretty valuable employees and thus have more leverage when negotiating the conditions of their employment. Besides, wouldn't standing in support of the flag and the anthem also be voicing a political opinion at work? Or is the assumption that all players secretly sympathize with the protesters and the ones who are standing are just doing so because they feel like they need to?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Is there a particular period of history that supports the idea that sane people will sacrifice their life for a small piece of coloured cloth?
    most wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    most wars?
    If they are fighting and dying for a piece of cloth...they are doing it wrong. What they should be fighting for are the ideals of their nation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post

Next time remember the Dixie Chicks. Attacking deeply held beliefs of your fans is a BAD idea and will lose you lots of money.
    Doing what's right is far more important than what makes you the most money, surely?

I'm guessing you're not a fan of MLK and his followers then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Thing is, the players aren't just anonymous worker bees who have to shut up and do what the boss says, because as it turns out they are actually pretty valuable employees and thus have more leverage when negotiating the conditions of their employment. Besides, wouldn't standing in support of the flag and the anthem also be voicing a political opinion at work? Or is the assumption that all players secretly sympathize with the protesters and the ones who are standing are just doing so because they feel like they need to?
    and
    Their job is to play football....not stand for the national anthem.
    Nope, I cant agree or disagree, the NA has been held in football games for as long as there has been football. Does the NA belong in it, I dont have the answer to that. All I am saying is that it isnt the right way to voice a opinion.

Racism and equality are a problem, again it isnt one sided though. Should there be protests? of course there should. Should they have a right to voice their opinion? of course they do, I just don't agree with it in a football game where everyone is suppose to come, enjoy, root for their teams and forget about all the shit that goes on in RL.

It doesn't bother me on how they feel about equality I do agree with them, I also believe its deeper than what they think. I don't get upset at other peoples actions unless it causes problems for others, or is dealt with in the wrong manner, this manner isn't the right one, nor is rioting and burning down business', looting and backing up traffic. Whats next, we start rallies at schools?

Pick the right way to protest peacefully.

If they are fighting and dying for a piece of cloth...they are doing it wrong. What they should be fighting for are the ideals of their nation.
    Like being able to disagree with protesters even if you agree with their right to protest.

Racism and equality are a problem, again it isnt one sided though. Should there be protests? of course there should. Should they have a right to voice their opinion? of course they do, I just don't agree with it in a football game where everyone is suppose to come, enjoy, root for their teams and forget about all the shit that goes on in RL.
    It's mostly one sided, and it's not like they go through much trouble to hide it either. The one cop who actually did end up going to jail for shooting someone to death just so happened to be Asian, what a co inky dink!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your not protesting racial injustice by kneeling or sitting for the nation anthem, your disrespecting the flag and those that fight for it.

- - - Updated - - -

if they acknowledge a problem then they have to start paying for it.

You don't get to tell other people what they are doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Should != must
    Goodell is re-stating the rules already in place, in an effort to save face.
    Goodell is just protecting the bottom line. The NFL is a business.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The national anthem is an act of unification. Sitting down is like taking a shit in the face of America and saying "Fuck you". America has recognized these football players making hundreds of millions of dollars from them and they have finally said "Fuck you too" by not watching.

Sounds like a personal problem. No one is shitting in my face.

Your not protesting racial injustice by kneeling or sitting for the nation anthem, your disrespecting the flag and those that fight for it.
    Your argument would hold water if there weren't veterans kneeling for the flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seems many people here have no idea that NFL teams are private entities and are a business. First off when you go to work, and yes playing in the NFL is a job, you give up certain rights. You can spout all that Freedom of Speech and Right to Protest BS, that does not come without consequences while on the job. Look at how I say ON THE JOB, AT WORK. Thats the key so many of you are missing. The NFL and the Teams have set guidelines and if you don't follow those guidelines you can be subject to what they deem as a disciplinary action.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    id guess it was always assumed, that people would have the common sense to show respect and not push bullshit agendas, then some low lifes found out they could get viral attention for it, and since their play wasnt getting them anywhere, they went with it. luckily, it looks like the NFL is going to handle it and put it down. looking forward to the amended contracts LOL

- - - Updated - - -

me jacking off in my cube on break doesn't interfere with the job either. still shouldnt do it. thats what they are doing, jacking themselves off for attention and to push their own agendas while at work.
    They really are selfish twats to protest about injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    It just seems many people here have no idea that NFL teams are private entities and are a business. First off when you go to work, and yes playing in the NFL is a job, you give up certain rights. You can spout all that Freedom of Speech and Right to Protest BS, that does not come without consequences while on the job. Look at how I say ON THE JOB, AT WORK. Thats the key so many of you are missing. The NFL and the Teams have set guidelines and if you don't follow those guidelines you can be subject to what they deem as a disciplinary action.
    Thing about that is, the players have a union that won't just agree to have arbitrary rules imposed on them at a whim to satisfy the deplorable demographic, because as it turns out they are what the fans come out to watch while the owners are completely replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The national anthem is an act of unification. Sitting down is like taking a shit in the face of America and saying "Fuck you".
    Why stand for a song of unification when it's just going to get torn apart again by the president. It's a net cancel, doesn't matter one way or the other. This country isn't unified and won't be as long as one of the parties cares more about themselves than about the nation.

I'm not sure where this rabid brand of patriotism came from but it needs to go. America is not worthy of blind respect and admiration and hasn't been for a long time. You want people to stand for the anthem, give them a reason to stand. Don't attack their inherent rights because it makes you uncomfortable. That's childish to the nth degree.

Are they overpaid actors, absolutely. That's irrelevant to the topic though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    There is no rule or requirement in the NFL guidelines about standing for the anthem. There shouldn't be either. Requiring someone to submit to this blind nation worship is silly.