Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm sorry I don't understand the term gating. Please elaborate? I think my DH is practically revered... it'll still take me forever though as he hasn't completed a single piece to Good Suramaritan LOL (ouch)
    Yes of course. You still have to reach exalted to finish the storyline and thus get the achievement. However, the questchained used to stop now and then, and required that you reached a certain rep point, like 7k into Revered or something, before the next quest would pop up, which meant you had to stop to grind WQ's now and then. However, they no longer stop behind these "rep gates", you can just progress through the story now.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    how is it hidden? not to mention they made nightfallen super easy now, since you dont need reputation anymore for extra story parts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes of course. You still have to reach exalted to finish the storyline and thus get the achievement. However, the questchained used to stop now and then, and required that you reached a certain rep point, like 7k into Revered or something, before the next quest would pop up, which meant you had to stop to grind WQ's now and then. However, they no longer stop behind these "rep gates", you can just progress through the story now.
    You dont need to get to exalted to finish the good suramaritan achievement and get flying, only revered.

False.. you only need exalted for the part after the achievement.

Deleted
    I'm sorry I don't understand the term gating. Please elaborate? I think my DH is practically revered... it'll still take me forever though as he hasn't completed a single piece to Good Suramaritan LOL (ouch)
    The reputation and the Good Suramaritan are essentially connected requirements, being exalted isn't a requirement in itself.
    To complete the Good Suramaritan achievement you need to be exalted (or 20,000/21,000 past revered, which is slightly before hitting exalted). However, you can start the Good Suramaritan quests early on, you need a certain amount of rep for each part to be unlocked and as you progress through the quests you'll gain some rep too.

Since your character is already almost revered, you can do most of the questline before needing to grind rep to unlock the last few parts.
    I'm not sure if the rep you gain from doing the quests is enough to get you to exalted so be sure to do all the Suramar World Quests you find available (more will unlock as you progress through the story) and especially the Withered Training WQ (you need a certain score to gain maximum rep and it's easy now with the available gear, find a guide online).
    Find a guide on how to increase your Ancient Mana cap as well since it's gonna help you out a lot and it's also a "hidden" requirement later on.

It's easy and a nice story too, just do all the Good Suramaritan quests and World quests you find, increase your Mana cap and always replenish it.
    Keep in mind that if a character gets the Good Suramaritan achievement, you don't have to do it again on another character to unlock flying.

ah ok makes perfect sense now many thanks. Reputation is account bound now isn't it? I can't remember if that ever got changed (sorry im very casual) I just cant be bothered playing my DH if I can do it on my Druid, but obviously as the DH is like 30 quests into Suramar already, seems pointless changing who I do it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    The reputation and the Good Suramaritan are essentially connected requirements, being exalted isn't a requirement in itself.
    To complete the Good Suramaritan achievement you need to be exalted (or 20,000/21,000 past revered, which is slightly before hitting exalted). However, you can start the Good Suramaritan quests early on, you need a certain amount of rep for each part to be unlocked and as you progress through the quests you'll gain some rep too.

Since your character is already almost revered, you can do most of the questline before needing to grind rep to unlock the last few parts.
    I'm not sure if the rep you gain from doing the quests is enough to get you to exalted so be sure to do all the Suramar World Quests you find available (more will unlock as you progress through the story) and especially the Withered Training WQ (you need a certain score to gain maximum rep and it's easy now with the available gear, find a guide online).
    Find a guide on how to increase your Ancient Mana cap as well since it's gonna help you out a lot and it's also a "hidden" requirement later on.

It's easy and a nice story too, just do all the Good Suramaritan quests and World quests you find, increase your Mana cap and always replenish it.
    Keep in mind that if a character gets the Good Suramaritan achievement, you don't have to do it again on another character to unlock flying.
    As some other users mentioned previously, the rep gating has been removed entirely, and you may complete the achievement before you reach Exalted depending on whether or not you are receiving rep from sources outside of the storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this rep still required to complete? I'm about to get my Druid to 110 to main throughout remainder of Legion but will have to complete this achievement on my DH to eventually unlock flying... My DH hasn't finish even 1 part of Good Suramaritan however ive done 3-4 days worth of quest grinding in suramar itself, which is odd.
    You no longer need Exalted, they removed the rep gates on the Nightfallen questline in 7.3 as a catchup mechanism.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    You no longer need Exalted, they removed the rep gates on the Nightfallen questline in 7.3 as a catchup mechanism.
    Even better so it's just a case of finding the quests and starting them. Is there some sort of addon that shows you which ones are required and where to start them? Basically a silver spoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I got flying before finishing the Suramar quest lines by just doing the daily world quests and Nightfallen Emissary quests. You only need to be revered not exalted. Once you're revered with everyone you unlock it. Not sure where you're getting mandatory exalted Nightfallen rep.

Nothing is really hidden either. I mean besides the fact that flying does not need exalted rep status, the achievements explain what you need in order to get flying.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-10-11 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I'm pretty sure I got flying before finishing the Suramar quest lines by just doing the daily world quests and Nightfallen Emissary quests. You only need to be revered not exalted. Once you're revered with everyone you unlock it. Not sure where you're getting mandatory exalted Nightfallen rep.

Nothing is really hidden either. I mean besides the fact that flying does not need exalted rep status, the achievements explain what you need in order to get flying.
    Well my DH is Revered and he's 6100/21000 into Exalted. I've got 1 of the quests under Good Suramaritan complete, I just lack the rest. So assume if I check it out online and find it I should be able to complete it in a day or 2

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well my DH is Revered and he's 6100/21000 into Exalted. I've got 1 of the quests under Good Suramaritan complete, I just lack the rest. So assume if I check it out online and find it I should be able to complete it in a day or 2
    Many of them, are also quest chains you have to find in Suramar, that doesn't have anything to do with the Nightfallen, like the vrykul story at the shore or the Moonguard up in the Stronghold.

Many of them, are also quest chains you have to find in Suramar, that doesn't have anything to do with the Nightfallen, like the vrykul story at the shore or the Moonguard up in the Stronghold.
    fun times... well I want to clear this on my DH then swap to my Druid for Part 2 as I don't play my DH anymore >.<

Edit: to the above ^ yes exactly why my DH is Vengeance... all content is faceroll easy mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Even better so it's just a case of finding the quests and starting them. Is there some sort of addon that shows you which ones are required and where to start them? Basically a silver spoon
    Generally-speaking, all the quest lines you need will start at Shal'Aran and are given to you by one of the four main Nightfallen NPCs. It's done that way because originally with the rep gating and time gating, you'd have a handful of quests you do then you have to go rep grind, so they made it easy to pick the quest chain back up if you got distracted with other stuff.

edit: Any non-Nightfallen quest lines you need you can find the breadcrumbs for on the world map, just look for the yellow !

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    fun times... well I want to clear this on my DH then swap to my Druid for Part 2 as I don't play my DH anymore >.<

Edit: to the above ^ yes exactly why my DH is Vengeance... all content is faceroll easy mode
    Yes, Vengeance is a great spec - the death jumper!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post

Prior to 7.3, you had to be close to Exalted for the final quests in the 7.0 Nightfallen questline to unlock, which was required for Loremaster (which itself is required for Pathfinder pt. 1). This thread was originally posted prior to 7.3 launch when the rep requirements were still ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm...does that work? After my priest did part 1, I re-did all of part 1 on my Pally...to open up part 2. Long time ago, maybe this was changed to be able to do it on several characters independantly, but not really sure.
    Pathfinder part 1 was account-wide from day 1, so you shouldn't have needed to redo it on another toon just to open up part 2. Sounds like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm...does that work? After my priest did part 1, I re-did all of part 1 on my Pally...to open up part 2. Long time ago, maybe this was changed to be able to do it on several characters independantly, but not really sure.

IRC the Moonguard / Janvik and the quest in the west near the other flightpoint just show as "!" on the map, nobody sends you there
    Ah maybe it isn't possible... well either way If I have to do it all on my dh it's no real problem... ill lose the AP but there's a catchup anyway so screw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Prior to 7.3, you had to be close to Exalted for the final quests in the 7.0 Nightfallen questline to unlock, which was required for Loremaster (which itself is required for Pathfinder pt. 1). This thread was originally posted prior to 7.3 launch when the rep requirements were still ingame.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, I started playing again when they changed it so you only need to be revered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some people are still responding to the op from last April.

So I'll close this since most of the information in the first few pages has been superceded by patches and changes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."