Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If Jerry Jones were black, would he still be a slave owner for having his patriotic opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    If Jerry Jones were black, would he still be a slave owner for having his patriotic opinions?
    No. Then he'd be a slave owner AND an Uncle Tom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    I didn't say it was the only part of slavery. I'm giving a personal benchmark.
    Ok the bar needs to be set higher not lower.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This is what pisses me off.. Like literally read this and just got TRIGGERED AS FUCK. Like, I can feel the anger so hard, it feels like I'm going to legit puke.

I've always been against pro sports & the entertainment biz, for a long, long time now. I think it's horribly disgusting we pay millions and millions of dollars to people whom can throw or catch a damned ball.. But that comparison is just.. Deplorable.

Last I checked, slaves got beaten & starved and, literally WORKED TO DEATH.
    And this mother fucker... THIS OVER PRIVILEGED MOTHER FUCKER, is going to equate a MILLION DOLLAR paying job, as SLAVERY!?

... I'm sorry. I REALLY detest pro. sports and athletes.
    They are protesting for other black people and not other millionaire athlete's. A lot of those black people they are protesting for are poor or middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Well, slavery in America ended because it's cheaper/easier to have employees than slaves.
    Having the US Army kicking in the front door and unlocking their chains kind of helped with the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Ok the bar needs to be set higher not lower.
    Idk, the inability to actually have control over your own children at birth is a pretty fucked up standard that usually only occurs in the most horrific situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, the inability to actually have control over your own children at birth is a pretty fucked up standard that usually only occurs in the most horrific situations.
    Is this well it could be worse your standard because at what point do you not use that as an excuse. There is nothing that says anything about having to stand for the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Is this well it could be worse your standard because at what point do you not use that as an excuse. There is nothing that says anything about having to stand for the anthem.
    What? No, I'm not talking about the anthem. I think people should be free to do whatever they want during the anthem, it's just a fucking song.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? No, I'm not talking about the anthem. I think people should be free to do whatever they want during the anthem, it's just a fucking song.
    Yes and as I said I don’t agree with the proclaiming this is like slavery. Not because I don’t agree in spirit I just think it’s the wrong time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They are protesting for other black people and not other millionaire athlete's. A lot of those black people they are protesting for are poor or middle class.
    I wasn't referring to protesters, of any sort.
    Had nothing to do with what I said.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Are we now moving to a phase where all business owners are slave traders?
    Only if you listen to the American Left.

You know I used to think people made outrageous claims like this just to get a headline for clicks, but I think this whole time it's just mostly been stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know I used to think people made outrageous claims like this just to get a headline for clicks, but I think this whole time it's just mostly been stupidity.
    Hows the saying go?

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity"

Or something like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just another bout of stupidity by those who don't understand context. There is nothing analogous between voluntary employment and being someone else's property.

I's the foreman. I's the one that says when it's quitting time at Tara!

Quitting time!

Quitting time!

Business owners are definitely like slave owners. Heck, just this week I worked my ass off in a field with little-to-no food or water. Then I tried to run, but I was caught, so I was dragged back to work with my feet tied to the back of a horse. I have road rash from my thighs to my head. Next, I was strung up to a whipping post where I was given 100 lashes. Thank God my overseer got tired towards the end, so the last 15 or so lashes didn't hurt so bad. After that, I was thrown into a sun box for 12 hours. Not to mention all of this happened with no pay.

Are we done comparing business to slavery yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs more Pastor Manning weeping at the pulpit while he tells us how black people ain't never built nothin' that lasts cause they don't know how to do nothin'.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Employees can quit, slaves cannot. I'm not sure why ESPN has crazy people working for them who don't know what a slave is. Businesses can dictate how they want their employees to act as well as representatives of their business. It's a private company.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Businesses can dictate how they want their employees to act
    Only if they find employees who will agree to the businesses terms. Which most employees will simply because being employed > being unemployed.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-10-11 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    If I'm at work and insult or offend customers, it is not a human rights violation for me to get fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess it would behoove them to abide the rules of their employer.
    I didn't even mention anything about the rules of a job. Just that it isn't always a choice what job you take. At least not where I live. You take the first job you get and you don't care how shitty it is. When I was a teen I took a detasselling job and quite literally everyone knew they were cutting wages and stealing from the workers. No one did anything because getting cheated was better than nothing.