Thread: Remove EQ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I just really dislike ground targeted spells in general.
    Me too, mobs hardly ever stay in the area of effect for long, just another reason why CL works better in practice (But Thrall used Earthquake once in a WoW novel, so we're stuck with it), i would prefer EQ to work like an AoE Earth shock, one strike with a chance to knockdown, maybe use that "ground slam"-effect that some of the demons in Argus use (With the ground spikes coming from the center), it would be easier to use to full effect, and more front-loaded...

They should just make EQ into a CD or a toggle buff like a combination of Stormkeeper and Enhancement's Fury of Air talent.

The buff will gradually drain MP similar to Fury of Air.

"Your chain lightning overloads have a chance to cause an earthquake at the ground of the enemy dealing x amount of damage and knocking down enemies blah blah blah costs 25 MP per second"

This way we can provide a more constant flow of DPS without having to stop, look where to put EQ and pick it up wasting GCD time.

I really, really, really wish they would do this.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2017-09-07 at 03:21 PM. Reason: I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WISH THEY WOULD DO THIS.

I don't understand why we can't go back to easier to balance incarnations of the spell from MoP and WoD.

I'm a casual player and don't do high lvl raiding or anything, but I dislike that it's ground targeted. Feels very clunky to use and messes up the fast flow of combat. Should just make it a regular targeted ability that forms an earthquake under the target.

One change that would be cool for Earthquake would be if it just marked an area on the floor that did damage by draining your maelstrom a few ticks at a time and lasts until you run out of Maelstrom. Then during sustained AOE you use CL to keep your Maelstrom up so that the EQ area doesn't disappear. In practise it would be like your CL refreshing your EQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maelstrom should just be removed from ele , it is fine on enh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I'm a casual player and don't do high lvl raiding or anything, but I dislike that it's ground targeted. Feels very clunky to use and messes up the fast flow of combat. Should just make it a regular targeted ability that forms an earthquake under the target.
    To work around this, I'll use this macro :

#showtooltip
    /cast [@cursor] Earthquake

Si the "ground target" doesn't appear and the spell is directly launched on your mouse cursor position. It takes some time to get use to it, but I really like it that way.

whats the problem with EQ? also i can cast it 2x with 100 malestrom is that still stacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I just really dislike ground targeted spells in general.
    the game needs more of then and other skill shots tbh, however implementation needs not to be half assed liked EQ is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the game needs more of then and other skill shots tbh, however implementation needs not to be half assed liked EQ is.
    yeh EQ needs to be stronger than other abilities that are not targeted, there should be an upside not only a downside, and the knockdown is not enough of an upside IMO.

I am just annoyed by the thematic discrepancy between Enhancement and Elemental when it comes Maelstrom. Enhancement generators are Earth based while Elemental spenders are Earth Based.

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    I am just annoyed by the thematic discrepancy between Enhancement and Elemental when it comes Maelstrom. Enhancement generators are Earth based while Elemental spenders are Earth Based.
    At least Enhancement has some options when it comes to spending Maelstorm, like Fury of Air or Lightning Bolt.

Elemental only receives another if you spec into Icefury.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    They 'Acti-Blizz' are happy with the spec (ele) .. Many players are not ..

Ever since they added EQ we been on a roller-coaster .. Remove EQ and be done with it .. Either no one uses it or its so good 'they' nurf other things in the spec .. Personally I loved the old animation and loved CL spam ..
    So edgy I think I just got tetanus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    At least Enhancement has some options when it comes to spending Maelstorm, like Fury of Air or Lightning Bolt.

Elemental only receives another if you spec into Icefury.
    Elemental was never mechanically complex or too interesting. Arguably this is the most complex it has been. I don't see it changing drastically to be honest.
    They seem to run out of brain juice when it comes to Elemental for some reason. If you recall Fulmination was added towards the very end of Beta to match other classes mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Elemental was never mechanically complex or too interesting. Arguably this is the most complex it has been. I don't see it changing drastically to be honest.
    It's not about complexity but rather choice, Maelstrom might as well be called "Earthometer" for Elemental because there are no serious spenders besides EQ and Earth shock.

Elemental Blast could consume Maelstrom, Liquid Magma Totem could consume maelstrom.

The fact Ascendance just straight out ignores the Maelstrom Mechanic as whole is just bad design, if people should use ES while Ascendance => Ascendance should "buff" ES as well (or transform for that matter), if people should not use ES while Ascendance => Block Maelstrom generation from Lvb during Ascendance, buff Ascendance for compensation.

I really like Earthquake to be honest. For those of you saying it doesn't do much damage, you need to check your facts as it's a DPS gain with 2 targets or more.
    The biggest boon it provides is the knock down mechanic, which adds an incredible amount of utility, particularly in Mythic+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfarr View Post
    Totally agree. I seem to recall years ago there was a mechanism that spread flame shock to nearby targets though i don't recall exactly what it was. I would like to see something like that in a talent or artifact trait. Anything to compliment CL would be nice.
    Please feel free to have a look at the lvl 15 talent row, which includes exactly what you describe and has done so the whole add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfarr View Post
    Totally agree. I seem to recall years ago there was a mechanism that spread flame shock to nearby targets though i don't recall exactly what it was. I would like to see something like that in a talent or artifact trait. Anything to compliment CL would be nice.
    Lava Lash did that in MoP and WoD. Spread Flame Shock to up to 4 enemies within 12 years.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lava_Lash

Could mobs take extra dmg from CL when standing in EQ, buffed for each active EQ they would be standing in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy just make it to where you spam CL for maelstrom then let EQ do increased dmg and give EQ ticks a chance to make CL do extra dmg for 6 sec or something. That way we are weaving between them and need both to do our aoe.