Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    And yet we have two posts showing bans just for not switching.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea but we have 2 cases been shown so far. If it was a one of I'd be inclined to say it's a salty blizz employee
    Which posts are those? What were they doing in game? There's usually more to it other than just "oh I picked Torb and got banned!" If that was actually the case, 100% accurate, then we'd be seeing many more people posting they got banned for playing Torb, Mei, Widow, and Hanzo. The top 4 characters to have reputations for being trolls, bad, throwers, and griefers.
    I highly doubt anyone got banned just for picking Torb, and it's more likely they were blatantly throwing at some point during the match (also reportable), and/or being a toxic name calling shit calling dbag (also also reportable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Also have to consider what the objective of the map is when looking at golds. On payload offense specifically the only golds worth mentioning are object time/kills.
    Tbh thinking about it gold silver bronze dosent mean anything ever really it's only the number underneath that you can use to really tell how your playing compared to any larger sample size than the 5 others your playing with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Which posts are those? What were they doing in game? There's usually more to it other than just "oh I picked Torb and got banned!" If that was actually the case, 100% accurate, then we'd be seeing many more people posting they got banned for playing Torb, Mei, Widow, and Hanzo. The top 4 characters to have reputations for being trolls, bad, throwers, and griefers.
    I highly doubt anyone got banned just for picking Torb, and it's more likely they were blatantly throwing at some point during the match (also reportable), and/or being a toxic name calling shit calling dbag (also also reportable).
    See Sigma post for the round up about a page back, seems entirely based on gm' 's discretion on if they take action on not switching

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    i hope thats fake

SJW's are infecting blizzard
    There's a whole kotaku article on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Torb was Daish's fav character here is a video of a guy constantly abusing me while im destorying the other team

- - - Updated - - -
    Aparantly he can now get you banned if a salty gm agrees with him :/

Like I know I keep bashing fluffyfluff for not being a team player but I don't belive it should be a banable thing and I don't like that it's based on gm discretion. Personaly I want the opposite of the prefer this player button that lets me black list being in a team with some people that way I can just weed out the fluffy's in the game and keep us both happy

- - - Updated - - -

It would also be less rage inducing for people if they had a black list. At least they would be able to say well this is a loss but I never have to see them again after

- - - Updated - - -

Aparantly he can now get you banned if a salty gm agrees with him :/

Like I know I keep bashing fluffyfluff for not being a team player but I don't belive it should be a banable thing and I don't like that it's based on gm discretion. Personaly I want the opposite of the prefer this player button that lets me black list being in a team with some people that way I can just weed out the fluffy's in the game and keep us both happy

- - - Updated - - -

It would also be less rage inducing for people if they had a black list. At least they would be able to say well this is a loss but I never have to see them again after
    But thought about it a bit more and with the scale of fluffy kins rage inducement he Probly would have insane que times by now if he's pissed off as many people as he says he has

I don't know about Torb but you gonna hear more of this stuff in real world, get used to it.
    If you wanna go around reporting any "abusive" chat, you gonna have a hard time in video games and in your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well maining Widow is punishable offence, so I suppose Torb would apply too.
    Maining widow and picking widow each and every ranked are different things tho. Usually good players don't play 1 character and (shockingly) still have 50% of time spent on their main
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So it's gm discretion on if not switching is punishable or not. We need an upvote system :/ cos this one post covers it
    Seems to me that the ban was lifted based off the reports from other players, stating they can play who they want. The 2nd one was based off toxic gameplay. That 2nd one becomes this: what does that mean? Was the player firing straight into the air? Were they avoiding fights? Were they standing there emoting instead of shooting at the enemy? Were they giving it their all and getting a few kills here and there and people just don't like them?
    Those e-mails aren't very specific as to what the offense actually is. The moderator even stated that the ban will remain based off the toxic behavior widely accepted by the community. That does not translate into "this character is hated, so trolling."
    The part about learning multiple characters/roles is easily justified as someone could easily have stated that "I was a dick because I know one character and people made me mad saying I shouldn't be play that character."

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, if this was all true, I'm just going to start reporting everyone I play with every game. Solo tanked as Hog, fed Ults because he was hit. Played Junkrat and only got 2 kills with an Ult. Picked Rein and couldn't hit a single person with charge while Pharah flew over our heads and we NEED DVa. Picked 76 but the enemy had 4 tanks and couldn't kill anything by themselves.
    Let's all jus start doing this and get the entire community banned!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Seems to me that the ban was lifted based off the reports from other players, stating they can play who they want. The 2nd one was based off toxic gameplay. That 2nd one becomes this: what does that mean? Was the player firing straight into the air? Were they avoiding fights? Were they standing there emoting instead of shooting at the enemy? Were they giving it their all and getting a few kills here and there and people just don't like them?
    Those e-mails aren't very specific as to what the offense actually is. The moderator even stated that the ban will remain based off the toxic behavior widely accepted by the community. That does not translate into "this character is hated, so trolling."
    The part about learning multiple characters/roles is easily justified as someone could easily have stated that "I was a dick because I know one character and people made me mad saying I shouldn't be play that character."

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, if this was all true, I'm just going to start reporting everyone I play with every game. Solo tanked as Hog, fed Ults because he was hit. Played Junkrat and only got 2 kills with an Ult. Picked Rein and couldn't hit a single person with charge while Pharah flew over our heads and we NEED DVa. Picked 76 but the enemy had 4 tanks and couldn't kill anything by themselves.
    Let's all jus start doing this and get the entire community banned!
    Don't shoot the messenger. You have seen the bans, to me it seems clear that depending on the Gm you can get banned for just about anything as long as enough of the community seems to hate whatnot ever it is

Don't worry about trolls

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maining Widow is punishable offence, so I suppose Torb would apply too.
    Sounds like you didn't read the post, let alone any of the story behind that particular player, Jean Fauquenot.

That player had at the time, a 47% win rate with Widowmaker. Its not terrible per say,
    but it definitely isn't good, as it means he can't even break even with a character he "mains."
    So I, like most other players, would feel less than confident in said player's skill with that Hero.

Secondly, you're ignoring the key lines of what that GM is telling.

"Overwatch is a team game, and is not about one Hero."

"Overwatch is not a game where playing one character alone will work in every game."

"You need the support and co-ordination of your team, which will not always be possible if you
    limit your choice of hero
    and do not have the flexibility to adapt to different roles."

You have zero business playing Ranked if you are not flexible, or at the very least, cannot play
    at least one character per role. In Quick Match/Arcade Mode, this is fine. However, in Ranked
    Mode, this is unacceptable.

Why? Because unlike in the other modes, losing in Ranked actually has a consequence, and that's
    losing SR. And Fauquenot's inability to play any other character BUT Widowmaker means that his
    team is at an immediate disadvantage. If the other team has someone who can hard counter this
    player, this person is immediately useless, because they cannot swap to deal with her counter.
    Now the entire team has to essentially "carry" this player because of their lack of adaptability,
    and now the game is that much harder to win.

In short, it is completely unfair to the team. Fauquenot has no business to bitch about getting
    reported for playing this character. Either actually PLAY the game as its meant to be played,
    at least, if you're going to specifically play in Ranked, or you have no business playing it
    whatsoever.

Now, the only thing that is uncalled for is the amount of insults, threats, etc. thrown his way.
    No one deserves or is ever in the right to insult or talk shit to another player for any reason.

One particular player who kept getting matched with him had this to say :

"I remember losing so much MMR back when I was Diamond because I kept getting matched
    with you. Hopefully that was countered a bit by the times I got matched against you too. /salt

But seriously the issue isn’t even your lvl of play as Widow (which frankly is surprisingly low given all
    your hours with her, last time i checked i believe your winrate in competitive was 47%), it’s the fact
    that you will never swap away from her for any reason. You’re not a team player, you go into competitive
    expecting others to tank and heal for you and won’t adapt, ever. You’ve had teams plead you to take
    something else, we were clearly losing and we all made swaps to try a different strategy but you alone
    will never swap away from Widowmaker. The truth is that you’re not the kind of person people want to
    be matched with, that’s why you keep getting reported.
    Everything this player is saying is 100% true, and the problem with instalock "mains." That style of
    play, especially from what he's describing of Fauquenot's actions, shows a player who is SELFISH,
    and not being a team player. So suddenly, Fauquenot isn't really a poor victim now is he?

Just thought I'd clear up Lahis' post, as it didn't even remotely make clear what happened in that
    particular instance.

Also, yes, any character can work depending on skill and team synergy/communication. But it is
    an indisputable fact that every character has a map that they are best in and worst in. Torb's
    entire skillset supports being a Defensive play Hero, not an Offense one like say, Reaper. And
    although there are maps where an attack Torb could work, there are a lot more that don't play
    to his strengths.

Of course a smart player would know this. Alas, most instalock's aren't.

Man, just stop beeing selfish. If you get constantly reported by other players, because you always pick that shit hero and make your team litterally play 5on6 - you deserve to face the results of those reports. Stop ruining the game experience of everyone else just because YOU want to be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Sounds like you didn't read the post, let alone any of the story behind that particular player, Jean Fauquenot.

That player had at the time, a 47% win rate with Widowmaker. Its not terrible per say,
    but it definitely isn't good, as it means he can't even break even with a character he "mains."
    So I, like most other players, would feel less than confident in said player's skill with that Hero.

Secondly, you're ignoring the key lines of what that GM is telling.

"Overwatch is a team game, and is not about one Hero."

"Overwatch is not a game where playing one character alone will work in every game."

"You need the support and co-ordination of your team, which will not always be possible if you
    limit your choice of hero
    and do not have the flexibility to adapt to different roles."

You have zero business playing Ranked if you are not flexible, or at the very least, cannot play
    at least one character per role. In Quick Match/Arcade Mode, this is fine. However, in Ranked
    Mode, this is unacceptable.

Why? Because unlike in the other modes, losing in Ranked actually has a consequence, and that's
    losing SR. And Fauquenot's inability to play any other character BUT Widowmaker means that his
    team is at an immediate disadvantage. If the other team has someone who can hard counter this
    player, this person is immediately useless, because they cannot swap to deal with her counter.
    Now the entire team has to essentially "carry" this player because of their lack of adaptability,
    and now the game is that much harder to win.

In short, it is completely unfair to the team. Fauquenot has no business to bitch about getting
    reported for playing this character. Either actually PLAY the game as its meant to be played,
    at least, if you're going to specifically play in Ranked, or you have no business playing it
    whatsoever.

Now, the only thing that is uncalled for is the amount of insults, threats, etc. thrown his way.
    No one deserves or is ever in the right to insult or talk shit to another player for any reason.

One particular player who kept getting matched with him had this to say :

Everything this player is saying is 100% true, and the problem with instalock "mains." That style of
    play, especially from what he's describing of Fauquenot's actions, shows a player who is SELFISH,
    and not being a team player. So suddenly, Fauquenot isn't really a poor victim now is he?

Just thought I'd clear up Lahis' post, as it didn't even remotely make clear what happened in that
    particular instance.

Also, yes, any character can work depending on skill and team synergy/communication. But it is
    an indisputable fact that every character has a map that they are best in and worst in. Torb's
    entire skillset supports being a Defensive play Hero, not an Offense one like say, Reaper. And
    although there are maps where an attack Torb could work, there are a lot more that don't play
    to his strengths.

Of course a smart player would know this. Alas, most instalock's aren't.
    And what about this doesn't apply to sticking to Torb only? Granted, we don't know OP's winrate, but everything else said about Fauqenot could apply here.

I didn't know I had to pick a character based on my win rate. That wasn't made clear to me when I started playing comp will have to check the rules see if this is a thing. FYI I have a 60% win rate with torb after 45 hours on him this season. Is this acceptable win rate to use him? Who decides what is? Still haven't been banned or silenced yet so its obviously not a problem despite all the reports I supposedly got ill just keep hammering

And what about this doesn't apply to sticking to Torb only? Granted, we don't know OP's winrate, but everything else said about Fauqenot could apply here.
    I'd argue with Widow, based on my history in ranked, granted I haven't played in a few seasons, you're fairly likely to have somebody instant lock it before you, and who knows what goes down when that happens. Do you just sit and complain that they took Widow(seen players do this)? Do you leave(this too)? I doubt that kind of thing happens with torb often, as he's generally seen as not great. But even so, if you're only able to play one character, you probably should practice a little in quickplay with something else, so you at least have a backup, just in case they're hard countered, or picked before you get the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should not play competitive until you understand the basics of the game.

Torbjörn is bad on attack, thats basics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it absolutely does. Based on what the OP's said so far, and mirroring that of what has happened to Fauqenot,
    they both sound remarkably similar.

Essentially, two players who want to selfishly play a character THEY want to play only, ignoring their teammates,
    ignoring when they're being countered, essentially forcing their team to completely change/adapt to THEIR one
    character, being unable to change if they are hard countered (of which Torb has many), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You should not play competitive until you understand the basics of the game.

Torbjörn is bad on attack, thats basics.
    Where is the rule book?

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but you sound like a young gamer. You have to realize people are going to say some pretty horrible stuff over the internet - you gotta just brush it off.
    I think you got Trolled

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Where is the rule book?
    I'm not saying it's "illegal" or against the rules. I'm saying it's really stupid and a very bad decision.

And by ignoring the wishes of your team to play the way you like, is not an attitude that belongs in competitive mode. Simple as that.

You seem very unpleasant to play with, as you seem to lack any kind of understanding of a competitive mindset. I can only pray I never have to be in a group with the likes of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I'm not saying it's "illegal" or against the rules. I'm saying it's really stupid and a very bad decision.

And by ignoring the wishes of your team to play the way you like, is not an attitude that belongs in competitive mode. Simple as that.

You seem very unpleasant to play with, as you seem to lack any kind of understanding of a competitive mindset. I can only pray I never have to be in a group with the likes of you.
    i have 60% win rate tho I win more than I lose, I see it as their bad decision not to let me play my best character strange. How is it a stupid and bad decision?