Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Oh yeah, you are obviously dealing with a hardcore fanboy, just because you got called out on a bullshit statement that has no subjective basis.

Here, a quick google:

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6723...rs-of-all-time
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...minem-20110420

and you are free to look up the sales on his records.
    Amusing, first of i say that i don't rate greatness by record sales, and you link me an article doing exactly that.

Secondly you link me an rolling stone article repeating what i said before about his early works being relevant and thus good.

So your point is what exactly acting to disagree with me based on things i mentioned earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Amusing, first of i say that i don't rate greatness by record sales, and you link me an article doing exactly that.

Secondly you link me an rolling stone article repeating what i said before about his early works being relevant and thus good.

So your point is what exactly acting to disagree with me based on things i mentioned earlier?
    Or maybe I don't give a fuck about the rating scale you use for your own subjective opinion?

Look mate, I'm just telling you to stop selling your opinion as a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has not been relevant to the music scene, he did not make lasting impressions, his songs did not move the hip hop scene forward. Name one thing that he exclusively produced that made a great impact on the scene. If he happened or did not happen, it would not have made any major difference and no being white in the hip hop scene really did not make him unique.

He's pop hop songs like with rihanna is what got him quite a bit of commercial success if that's what you want to define a good artist with be my guest but i'm probably arguing with a hardcore fan, so pointless.
    I agree with your point that this freestyle rap doesn't really do much but divide us up more but you can't seriously think this guy is not talented. It doesn't take a hardcore fan to realize his supernatural talent in rapping. Seriously look up his freestyle videos he just comes up with lyrics like he's just normally talking, he makes it look effortless. I'm not even that big a fan of rap and even I am amazed by his talent. He's seriously one of the best if not THE best lyricists out there. Some of his more emotional songs he's done in the past I would consider art. He tells stories (often true) in his raps. It's not like other rappers where they just make a rhyme up about having sex, going to the club, shooting someone, smoking weed, or getting into fights. He's seriously a unique ARTIST.

This is coming from someone who doesn't even really listen to rap all that much, I'm more of a metalhead but even I can appreciate Eminem's god-like talent for rapping. It's truly incredible.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about how he can just come up with lyrics like it's nothing.

Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-10-11 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has not been relevant to the music scene, he did not make lasting impressions, his songs did not move the hip hop scene forward. Name one thing that he exclusively produced that made a great impact on the scene. If he happened or did not happen, it would not have made any major difference and no being white in the hip hop scene really did not make him unique.

He's pop hop songs like with rihanna is what got him quite a bit of commercial success if that's what you want to define a good artist with be my guest but i'm probably arguing with a hardcore fan, so pointless.
    This isn't true... His sound did revolutionize hip hop. This is a guy whose debut on MTV aired on 120 minutes, not MTV raps. His first hit crossed musical genres, from being played straight up on alternative rock stations, between nuMetal and grunge. To getting remixed with AC/DC, so it can be played on rock and metal stations. The only stations not playing him, were easy listening, jazz and country.

The thing that must sting most, is that Trump reached the American Fantasy, while Eminem reached the American dream. With Trump presented as the common man, while being an oligarch, and Eminem come out of some of the worst conditions in US, to earn his millions. Eminem should be pissed... but, then again, so should have every American that didn't have a billionaire father.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe I don't give a fuck about the rating scale you use for your own subjective opinion?

Look mate, I'm just telling you to stop selling your opinion as a fact.
    Based on your method of evaluating music, despacito is one of the the best music productions from 2017.

Based on your method of evaluating music, despacito is one of the the best music productions from 2017.
    Yeah, YOU GOT ME. Now go cry about all the hardcore fanboys ganging up on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is... I am not a fan, but how do I justify my subjective opinion, in the face of his objective success?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I agree with your point that this freestyle rap doesn't really do much but divide us up more but you can't seriously think this guy is not talented. It doesn't take a hardcore fan to realize his supernatural talent in rapping. Seriously look up his freestyle videos he just comes up with lyrics like he's just normally talking, he makes it look effortless. I'm not even that big a fan of rap and even I am amazed by his talent. He's seriously one of the best if not THE best lyricists out there. Some of his more emotional songs he's done in the past I would consider art. He tells stories (often true) in his raps. It's not like other rappers where they just make a rhyme up about having sex, going to the club, shooting someone, smoking weed, or getting into fights. He's seriously a unique ARTIST.

This is coming from someone who doesn't even really listen to rap all that much, I'm more of a metalhead but even I can appreciate Eminem's god-like talent for rapping. It's truly incredible.
    Fully depends what era we speak of and going to repeat i already spoke well of the first albums.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, YOU GOT ME. Now go cry about all the hardcore fanboys ganging up on you.
    I used that line once and only against you and that was not the only reason i gave. But if it makes you happy you may keep pretending i dismissed you based on just that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This isn't true... His sound did revolutionize hip hop. This is a guy whose debut on MTV aired on 120 minutes, not MTV raps. His first hit crossed musical genres, from being played straight up on alternative rock stations, between nuMetal and grunge. To getting remixed with AC/DC, so it can be played on rock and metal stations. The only stations not playing him, were easy listening, jazz and country.

The thing that must sting most, is that Trump reached the American Fantasy, while Eminem reached the American dream. With Trump presented as the common man, while being an oligarch, and Eminem come out of some of the worst conditions in US, to earn his millions. Eminem should be pissed... but, then again, so should have every American that didn't have a billionaire father.
    I would argue he banked on what i call the elvis effect, talent is required by skin color plays a large part in that sense and so much like elvis he took a type of sound previously only seen to be good for a certain demographic.

As for the political side of things, not much will change and as past has shown these type of things always end up working in trumps favor, especially with his hardcore base since logic and reason isn't what will change their minds.

- - - Updated - - -

It is... I am not a fan, but how do I justify my subjective opinion, in the face of his objective success?
    You can evaluate the technical side of it, impressions it has on the industry, new things it introduces to the genre (reason why kayne west gets the praise he does, due to experimenting and so on)

Sure you look purely at sales, but going back to my youth i really don't find that boy bands and girl bands are those that stuck with me the most or did the most for the industry.

anyhow i had my say on this and don't see the point in simply keep going in circles from this point onwards, take it or leave it i won't change my mind
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2017-10-11 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would argue he banked on what i call the elvis effect, talent is required by skin color plays a large part in that sense and so much like elvis he took a type of sound previously only seen to be good for a certain demographic.
    Regardless of what reasons you might have, you are comparing him to Elvis...

As for the political side of things, not much will change and as past has shown these type of things always end up working in trumps favor, especially with his hardcore base since logic and reason isn't what will change their minds.
    Everyone who opposes Trump needs to shut up, because his support is stubborn? That makes sense?

Everyone who opposes Trump needs to shut up, because his support is stubborn? That makes sense?
    He probably sympathize with them based on their obvious common ground.

Hint: not serious before some butthurt gets thrown in my way

10+ Year Old Account

Not saying they should shut up at all but intentionally causing provocation is merely doing the same thing on the opposite spectrum, he apparently feeds of this. I'm more for talking about what his government actually is (not) doing and even though facts are ignored often in politics. So i would move more towards going after that instead of personal attacks what seems to be doing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can evaluate the technical side of it, impressions it has on the industry, new things it introduces to the genre (reason why kayne west gets the praise he does, due to experimenting and so on)

Sure you look purely at sales, but going back to my youth i really don't find that boy bands and girl bands are those that stuck with me the most or did the most for the industry.

anyhow i had my say on this and don't see the point in simply keep going in circles from this point onwards, take it or leave it i won't change my mind
    Yes, but who made you the authority on this? It's pretty clear that millions of people enjoy every side of the song you can review. I own a signed copy of Mike Patton's hemophiliac project... its technical side is insanely deep, it's impression on the industry... well, it's Mike Patton... Do you think I play it while driving? No, something that is intentionally deconstructed, to be a half hour long series of bleeps, bloops and screaming, isn't good for a monotonous pace of driving.

I felt the same way when I was young, but at this point I realize that music is a popularity contest. The best person at it, is not that local band no one ever heard of... it's Britney, bitch... it's totally fine to have personal taste, but what's the point of music if not to have as many people as possible enjoy it? I'm under no delusion that the music I enjoy is the best... it's my favorite... but, to most, it's probebly "what hell sounds like", as my gf's mom once put it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying they should shut up at all but intentionally causing provocation is merely doing the same thing on the opposite spectrum, he apparently feeds of this. I'm more for talking about what his government actually is (not) doing and even though facts are ignored often in politics. So i would move more towards going after that instead of personal attacks what seems to be doing nothing.
    Unless you have Turrets or need to cut down on ambient, there is no way to speak out, without intentionally causing provocation. How is people speaking out against the president is just the other side? We don't have 2 president... president vs civilian is a bizarre two sides. You are going to play off the criticism of the president ignoring the facts?

What did you want him to do? Rap about California burning, as White House fights the NFL? As if that isn't going to ignore as him just being the other side and siding with these communists? It is consistent with your view on music...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-10-11 at 02:40 PM.

I still like Trump and Em.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're such a loser self in the campaign, the carnage
    You own it, it'll never let you go
    You only had one job, you did not miss your chance to blow
    This opportunity cost more than a lifetime

Lot of words were said.

Trump needs pictures.

An interesting part of this is how most Trump supporters are simply attacking Eminem. They can't actually defend Trump from the content of the rap.

For example, Trump and other republicans attack NFL athletes for protesting, claiming they are disrespecting the flag/anthem/country (they aren't). Meanwhile Trump is a guy that mocked a war hero POW for being captured. Yet republicans still voted for him and he still has supporters.

The overwhelming amount of bullshit and hypocrisy continues.

Freestyle sucked and there is already a 10 page thread on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about how he can just come up with lyrics like it's nothing.

He doesn't come up with lyrics like it's nothing 99% of that was written.
    This dude comes up with lyrics on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Freestyle sucked and there is already a 10 page thread on this.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't come up with lyrics like it's nothing 99% of that was written.
    This dude comes up with lyrics on the spot.
    My only issue with this is that is being billed as Eminem Slays Trump with Freestyle rap.

I,disagree. It really is just a rant on top of a rant on top of a rant. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't anything special. Further, I'd hardly call this pure freestyle. This isn't off the cuff, this was purposefully designed to trash Trump and made to look freestyle when it is clearly not.

This guy have really good video about the topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.