Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Either a military dictatorship, a stratocracy, a junta, or a democratic republic under extrajudicial martial law.
    Great answer, thank you.

Both Zandalar and Kul Tiras could be in upheaval and the respective factions that fit the theme for each could restore order in both. We'd finally get new hubs; Zuldazar for the Horde and Boralus for the Alliance.

Trolls would get expanded through additional tribes and would recieve a capital(finally), while Jaina could rule Kul Tiras.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-11 at 12:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Jaina, cause "female power".
    I don't get what this "female power" thing is about, but I sense an attempt to draw in controversy.

Jaina has a claim to Kul Tiras since her older brother and father are both dead; however, I don't know how happy they would be allowing her to lead them when she had such a pivotal role in her fathers death.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Jaina has a claim to Kul Tiras since her older brother and father are both dead; however, I don't know how happy they would be allowing her to lead them when she had such a pivotal role in her fathers death.
    She could actually lie to her people and instigate them against the Horde. Would open up interest plots.

After all, everyone who witnessed what she did or could tell their first-hand experience of it is long dead. The soldiers in Theramore that reminisced on Daelin's fight against the Horde have all been locked up and the rest of the city got nuked. She is the only one alive out of everyone in Theramore, including all the ones that came with her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I don't get what this "female power" thing is about, but I sense an attempt to draw in controversy.

She doesn't have any claim. Kul'tiras picks Military Laders, not Kings/Queens from a chosen House.

Guild of Merchants who select Lord Admiral. Last ruling admiral was Daelin Proudmoore - Jaina's father.

I love his badass quote:

"False modesty is as bad as false pride. Know exactly what you are capable of at any moment, and act accordingly. Any other path is folly—and could be deadly in battle."

To be honest I found its so unrealistically what since W3 TFT we never heard of Kul Tiras.
    Last edited by Wyrmbane; 2017-10-11 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Brann Bronzebeard maybe? We all know he has a secret and this might be it.

Deleted
    Some bad arse admiral with one eye patch and a wooden leg i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    She could actually lie to her people and instigate them against the Horde. Would open up interest plots.

After all, everyone who witnessed what she did or could tell their first-hand experience of it is long dead. The soldiers in Theramore that reminisced on Daelin's fight against the Horde have all been locked up and the rest of the city got nuked. She is the only one alive out of everyone in Theramore, including all the ones that came with her father.
    There were several years between Daelin's death and Theramore's destruction. There's no reason to believe all who knew were still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Don't say Jaina.

But for real, I'm curious if she has any surviving brothers? Are they young?

Are any of them perhaps.. "Boy-King" young?

I'd love that quote being a reflection on Kul Tiras and be a hint of whats to come, instead of a twist on whats happening already in Legion.

I know literally all of you are on that "Eldritch Horror Innsmouth Kul Tiras!" hype train as if there's no running stream of individuality among you.

But, been thinking about that Boy-King quote, and trying to consider options for Characters that aren't in the forefront at all yet.
    Nah, I'm leaning more towards Renaissance Italy/Braavosi/Telmarine/Conquistador. Maybe you could mix some Lovecraftian elements in, but I honestly think I've always gotten a sort of Southern European vibe from them.

Especially with Kul Tiras floating out to see away from the Eastern Kingdoms, they could really play around with a more Mediterranean or even tropical zone aesthetic.

Well, maybe we'll see soon.

Though i'm kinda expecting the Shadowguard to get more focus for now. They had far to little going on to justify the all-new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Jaina had a brother in the RPG but Blizzard expressly come out and declared him non-canonical (he was an adult).
    Are you sure about that? Perhaps her brother from the RPG, but she had an older brother in the novels that died and as far as I know he's always been canon (if never spoken of in any games).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Are you sure about that? Perhaps her brother from the RPG, but she had an older brother in the novels that died and as far as I know he's always been canon (if never spoken of in any games).
    She only had one canon brother. The other one has been confirmed as non canon. Both canon and non canon ones were killed last I checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I am.
    It's mine.
    Now leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I am.
    It's mine.
    Now leave.
    It's treason then.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

We don't know, until we go. It's a purely Doylist question, it's the will of the author. Jaina could have shown up and just dropped her name and been put in charge and plans to wage war on both the Horde and Alliance, etc. Or she could be having fruit thrown through the streets by whoever does run it, by committee or military dictatorship, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The fact that they retconned Tandred out of the family tree is probably in conjuction with some N'zoth plot and his sway over Kul Tiras nobility or whatever. There must be a specific and important reason they've retconned him out.
    They didn't retcon him. He was from a book which was always 'take it or leave it' when it came to canonocity. Blizz just eventually came out and said to leave it when considering lore. Kinda like Star Wars Legends. Enjoy the story but remember it's not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Jaina had a brother in the RPG but Blizzard expressly come out and declared him non-canonical (he was an adult). This means there are no surviving Proudmores other than Jaina. If there was any military command remaining in Kul Tiras that did not accompany Jaina's dad in Durotar, then they likely are in control under some form of martial law.
    If Kul'Tiras actually had a body of nobles below the Proudmores, then one of them probably declared regent for Jaina in her absence with the agreement of the others or Kul'tiras devolved into civil war. If there were no nobles due to the size of the kingdom (and the fact that it was a naval kingdom, thus little farming which makes it unlikely that the state was feudal), the cities and towns have probably devolved to small local governments in the form of a mayorship with militia units.

Considering we have seen Tirasian mariners wearing the kingdom's colors though I think it's probably ruled by either an admiral or noble regent to the Proudmore family. As soon as Jaina does get there, she probably can claim the throne if anything because that would provide the kingdom with some desperately needed stability. Alternatively, Blizzard can backtrack and make her surviving brother canon.
    Kul'tiras was never specified to be a monarchy and all the knowledge we have(though most of it is old coming from warcraft 2) refers that they are a merchant nation which in our history choose or vote their leaders from the most skilled sailors, captain or wealthiest merchants. Which would make that Proudmore may have been nobles there and daelin proudmoore was voted thought that still doesn't give Jaina right to inherit the throne. Merchant nation from our history is likes of Venice city state phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Kul'tiras was never specified to be a monarchy and all the knowledge we have(though most of it is old coming from warcraft 2) refers that they are a merchant nation which in our history choose or vote their leaders from the most skilled sailors, captain or wealthiest merchants. Which would make that Proudmore may have been nobles there and daelin proudmoore was voted thought that still doesn't give Jaina right to inherit the throne. Merchant nation from our history is likes of Venice city state phase.
    Would love it if Kul Tiras was a collection of principalities with each island ruled by a merchant family like in Renaissance Italy. Blizz could also potentially play around with cultures and themes more then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some watery tart lobs a sword at whoever is destined to be the next leader
    Holy shit lol