Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how exactly is it bland?
    For me personally it just lacks a vibe. Characters look generic. Abilities, at least the ones I could see, look generic. The whole place looks gray, at least the first areas. The story does not draw me in.
    After hearing a lot of praise from my younger bro I tried to play it. Several times. Shelved.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    For me personally it just lacks a vibe. Characters look generic. Abilities, at least the ones I could see, look generic. The whole place looks gray, at least the first areas. The story does not draw me in.
    After hearing a lot of praise from my younger bro I tried to play it. Several times. Shelved.
    abilities look fantastic, you just need to pay some money for some of them :P (their skins that is no the abilities themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    How are there no Diablo panels? The way I see it, there are two - one about the visuals of the Necromancer and one about Diablo personalities and streamers (probably the winner for my personal "lol, wtf is this, I'm not interested" panel of the year)
    Well, if you call them panels The point is that Nevalistis told us to keep hype down - but hell, at least a "what's next" panel like every other single Blizzard game has is "mandatory".

I mean, no major announcements? Ok, that's fine. We all know that D3 is in maintenance mode and we can only expect pretty much balance patches, with the best option being new items or small adventure zones added (which make no sense honestly - who the fuck cares about them when bounties are crap and all you do is rifting).
    However even being on a skeleton crew you should have SOMETHING to work on. This just shows that Blizzard has completely stopped working on D3 and is full on the new game.

There's not much turning around to this: D3 has been proven to be not on par with expectation both from players and Blizzard, so it's been "axed" (as much it's possible since it's been released). This is the same that happened with Project Titan, just later in the life of the game (they tried to make it better with RoS, but it didn't solve the core issues).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    abilities look fantastic, you just need to pay some money for some of them :P (their skins that is no the abilities themselves)
    That's not exactly the sort of sales pitch that catches me. If I see something so thoroughly unconvincing, I assume it's like that all the way. I'm not going to grab my wallet for a chance to perhaps see something more to my taste.

There is little more to say. It's very stable already. Maybe they are working in Diablo 4?

Quote Originally Posted by quijote3000 View Post
    There is little more to say. It's very stable already. Maybe they are working in Diablo 4?
    Without a doubt. Have you looked at job listings in the past year or two? They used to have a lot of open positions for a next-gen Diablo game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its not that bad, they have millions of players every season. Its a good ARPG, but it doesnt have the longevity of PoE or even D2.

I think the kick in the balls to the diablo fans is that there isnt even a panel at Blizzcon this year. Nothing. Not even a new patch talk. . . no art direction panel. . . . wtf. =o[
    so maby even the hardcore fans can see blizz doesnt give a shit about diablo anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so maby even the hardcore fans can see blizz doesnt give a shit about diablo 3 anymore.
    Fixed. I'm agreeing fully with you, but from a business standpoint D3 was good. Hell i think that given the effort put onto it, even Necro has paid off.

Blizzard is full on next Diablo game. D3 has been bad for the franchise overall - it's a good-ish game per se, but the problem is that it didn't deliver in comparison with the Diablo legacy. We can only hope they make the next one different and understood where the mistakes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Fixed. I'm agreeing fully with you, but from a business standpoint D3 was good. Hell i think that given the effort put onto it, even Necro has paid off.

Blizzard is full on next Diablo game. D3 has been bad for the franchise overall - it's a good-ish game per se, but the problem is that it didn't deliver in comparison with the Diablo legacy. We can only hope they make the next one different and understood where the mistakes are.
    if they care about the franchise they will give us a remastered 2

if they care about the franchise they will give us a remastered 2
    I suppose they could and it's somewhat down the pipeline, but honestly i think that after the novelty of the first days most people will just abandon it. Too many QoL features missing compared to more modern games.

Don't get me wrong, i also would like it and would play it like a madman, but making remasters of old games to please old hardcore fans only is not the best way of business they should and will follow.

Games catered towards hardcore players usually fail. PoE is kinda like the exception because it cashed also onto D3 failing expectations in addition to its undeniably good features.

Blizzard needs to bring the Diablo franchise in the light with anew good game. Otherwise it will always be "that good game from X years ago".

I suppose they could and it's somewhat down the pipeline, but honestly i think that after the novelty of the first days most people will just abandon it. Too many QoL features missing compared to more modern games.

Don't get me wrong, i also would like it and would play it like a madman, but making remasters of old games to please old hardcore fans only is not the best way of business they should and will follow.

Games catered towards hardcore players usually fail. PoE is kinda like the exception because it cashed also onto D3 failing expectations in addition to its undeniably good features.

Blizzard needs to bring the Diablo franchise in the light with anew good game. Otherwise it will always be "that good game from X years ago".
    you should go look into how many people still play d2 if you think it would go away, id play it now but the resolution issues are a problem on modern pc's. It still gets patchs, it still has ladder seasons, iv even herd it had a larger average population than d3 does.

you should go look into how many people still play d2 if you think it would go away, id play it now but the resolution issues are a problem on modern pc's. It still gets patchs, it still has ladder seasons, iv even herd it had a larger average population than d3 does.
    Yeah, i know a lot of people still play D2. As for population comparison i don't have data so i don't trust anyone saying anything. I'm sure a D2 remaster will have a big impact.

Still. Blizzard has to completely nullify the "but D2 was better" effect. This is going to destroy the franchise if no future game can stand up to the Diablo legacy.

Yeah, i know a lot of people still play D2. As for population comparison i don't have data so i don't trust anyone saying anything. I'm sure a D2 remaster will have a big impact.

Still. Blizzard has to completely nullify the "but D2 was better" effect. This is going to destroy the franchise if no future game can stand up to the Diablo legacy.
    thats the problem when you shutter the studio that was responsible for warcraft 2 and diablo 2. Blizzard of the north is what made blizzard what it is. Shame hellgate didnt kick off.

Deleted
    Blizzard already lost big time to Chris Willson and his Path of the Exile.
    Why would they put any money into D3 when they get 0 return from it?
    They should have went with a subscription fee or gone the same route as Path of Exile with mtx purchase driving the game forward.
    As it currently stands there is only 1 income for Diablo and that's when they game is sold, past that there's 0 income so no money to fuel development of content.
    Sure Blizzard could use their HS/WoW money, but why put the money into a game that doesn't bring back any revenue?

thats the problem when you shutter the studio that was responsible for warcraft 2 and diablo 2. Blizzard of the north is what made blizzard what it is. Shame hellgate didnt kick off.
    Well, Blizzard North didn't make Warcraft 2, it worked on the Diablo series... I know they made two great games, but let's not give North credit it doesn't have in other franchises....

Even this year, i expected nothing and i'm disappointed. I'm ok that we knew before hand there was no announcement in the opening ceremony (No Diablo 2 remaster, which as Coldkill said, it's probably being worked on, with all those job openings for classic Diablo), but those Blizzcon panels are sad....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Even this year, i expected nothing and i'm disappointed. I'm ok that we knew before hand there was no announcement in the opening ceremony (No Diablo 2 remaster, which as Coldkill said, it's probably being worked on, with all those job openings for classic Diablo), but those Blizzcon panels are sad....
    Yeah. At least one "what's next" panel should have been done. What are the plans for new seasons and what changes in balance we should expect. I suppose that all we will see will be more "increase damage by 1000x" patches to bring up other sets on par and then another broken unwanted synergy appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Well, Blizzard North didn't make Warcraft 2, it worked on the Diablo series... I know they made two great games, but let's not give North credit it doesn't have in other franchises....

i could have swore i remember thier splash screen on bnet edition. Sorry about that.

i could have swore i remember thier splash screen on bnet edition. Sorry about that.
    It's ok. I just didn't mean to be rude; i see people saying that David Brevik was the best thing ever but after Diablo, he was hit and miss. It's just i dislike developer's cults.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I hope they can bring back the old Diablo atmosphere. It's something I'm missing in the latest Diablo title.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    Diablo had so much potential, but it never streached it's limits, this is why PoE is crushing D3 with everything except graphics.

edit: I see a lot of haters on my reasoning.

After playing diablo 3 and RoS for over 1k hours, I can say after playing 4 weeks of PoE that D3 holds no future for gamers that want more advanced gameplay. D3 is just too simple. Sure its a lot harder, but atleast there is more endgame content than just running rifts till you hit paragon 4500.

If you think PoE is onesided you havent played the game.

this is how diablo is balanced atm: X skill has been buffed by 3000% damage increased. Like wow please give us something that is more fun that just pure numbers. There will always be the best build in diablo, while in PoE there are a lot of build that does different endgame things good, but there will never be a best for everything.

While blizzard did their necromancer update, PoE made an expansion with 6 new acts and tons of other updates. Shows how much blizz really care about adding content to the game.
    Diablo 3 is a shadow of what D2 originally was, but PoE has a few features that seem a merit when you just start playing, but turn out to do the game a disservice in the end. PoE is still one of the best new ARPG's out there, but it has caveats.

1. PoE economy is a detriment. It's the worst kind of economy in existence. You need to cross-currency everything. If you're not diehard into economy, you probably should just focus on playing selffound, though no real bonuses exist.
    2. PoE's skilltree is complex and makes itself appear as a unique extremely customizable experience, but once you've made multiple builds with different chars, you'll find out that most builds are only marginal deviations from the fixed path, because math dictates the one and only best path for your class and only secondary your build.
    3. Builds that do not follow certain specific path probably end up dead in the water at end-game. In that sense it's not very noob-friendly, though (2.) has been documented so extremely well, that a lot of noob-friendly premade builds exist. Making your own unique build no one ever made before, is probably going to kill you.
    4. Never thought I would say this, but the gem system seems to actually reduce the originality of builds. Most of your build will exist of active aura's or buffs. You will likely only press one button all the frickin time.
    5. the insta-gib is great. You will get instantly dropped without knowing what happened. It will happen. Which is bad game design to me.

That said, Diablo 3 basically did everything wrong that could be done wrong as a sequal to Diablo II.