Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So I just escaped fort joy after about 6-7 hours played. Following questions may contain spoilers .

I got the teleport gloves but at the last moment decided to kill Gawin because I felt like it, instead opting for the underground route from saving the caged elf. Underground in the horrible place I only got the face ripper thing for Fane and then found the exit so it feels like I missed a ton of stuff down there but it was scary and made me nervous so I didn't want to explore, lol. Did I miss a lot of content? Yes/no answer please.
    I also never solved the mystery of the insane lady shouting for her daughter although it intrigued me a lot. Is there a solution to this? (yes/no will suffice, don't want spoilers). Can I ever go back to fort joy and finish it if so or do I have to replay?

Otherwise I'm enjoying the game a lot. Playing the red prince as a conjurer and kind of regret the class choice, but these games always make me regret my choices. Still feels pretty powerful with the minion, totem and nuke.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    So I just escaped fort joy after about 6-7 hours played. Following questions may contain spoilers .

I got the teleport gloves but at the last moment decided to kill Gawin because I felt like it, instead opting for the underground route from saving the caged elf. Underground in the horrible place I only got the face ripper thing for Fane and then found the exit so it feels like I missed a ton of stuff down there but it was scary and made me nervous so I didn't want to explore, lol. Did I miss a lot of content? Yes/no answer please.
    I also never solved the mystery of the insane lady shouting for her daughter although it intrigued me a lot. Is there a solution to this? (yes/no will suffice, don't want spoilers). Can I ever go back to fort joy and finish it if so or do I have to replay?

Otherwise I'm enjoying the game a lot. Playing the red prince as a conjurer and kind of regret the class choice, but these games always make me regret my choices. Still feels pretty powerful with the minion, totem and nuke.
    By going a single route out - you missed the content from other ways which you can do still, just go back to fort joy (portal shrine) and explore everything.
    The mystery of the insane lady can be solved, but not in a way you would expect. if you talked to the guy next to her, you'd know what to do, if she doesn't want to talk to your character anymore for whatever reason - use your companions.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Fort Joy with my full Physical Party on Tactician. It was actually not super hard at all except for the final fight (which was surprisingly hard and ate of 3 Ressurect scrolls). After completing it, I'm not sure I want to continue playing the Physical Party. Its incredibly effective once you break down the Armor and start chain knockdowns, but its also a lot less visually appealing. I really do miss the spell effects, so I think I might go back to a split party set up.

This brings me to one of the best decisions...having a free respec option on the Boat that you can openly access whenever you want. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Would it break the game in any way to kill off all the Magisters in Fort Joy?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    it shouldn't
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Thanks for the answer @Elim Garak!

BTW, sometimes party member don't resurrect after fights, like for example after the last fight in fort joy for me. I had 2 members alive after and 2 dead. What should I do then?

BTW, sometimes party member don't resurrect after fights, like for example after the last fight in fort joy for me. I had 2 members alive after and 2 dead. What should I do then?
    they rarely ressurect by themselves, only in very specific cases, when the zone is immediately unavailable after the fight (so like the Fort Joy arena) you have to use Ressurection Scrolls on them and they are somewhat rare commodity, I would suggest reload and try the fight with different tacts without loosing anyone and keeping scrolls till late game or for really long fights you dont want to reload. For example in fort joy, the last fight, I usually have three players up the stairs outside of the gates, before the shreekers and go with one in sneak close to the gate, use gloves on teleportation on Alex from afar and port him just under the stairs outside of the gate and sprint with the char back, so I dont fight him in the small area with ranger on the walls. I can usually burn Alex quick enough before the reinforcements take their sweet two turns to come close, spread my group and when the worm comes, he picks the most clustered area with burrow, which I bait the magisters into, after that, they usually turn against it and its easy.

Nope, did it before

- - - Updated - - -

They never resurrect themselves in my experience, unless you have Comeback Kid, Rebirth Idol or during the fight on the ship at the end of Act I.

Use resurrection scrolls.

- - - Updated - - -

you have to use Ressurection Scrolls on them and they are somewhat rare commodity,
    I heard you can craft them but honestly I have so much money I could buy 100. You can also resurrect people with a Necromancy spell I heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resurrection scrolls are pretty easy to come by, either just buy them whenever you can, or just pickpocket them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also easily craft them. I'm swimming in essences.

I think Summoning trivializes encounters. That level 10 Incarnate can single-handedly win the day...kinda wish I had invested in Summoning at the start instead of Necromancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think Summoning trivializes encounters. That level 10 Incarnate can single-handedly win the day...kinda wish I had invested in Summoning at the start instead of Necromancy.
    The Bone Widow from Necromancy is also really strong, even after the nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bone Widow is pretty nifty but the Incarnate is something else entirely, especially if you double infuse it and summon it in blood.

Okay so fuck Glass Cannon. Just did the fight in the Academy against your 'shadows'. They literally kept Sebille locked down the entire fight. I knew the risks but damn if that wasn't annoying. Still won though *flips middle finger*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah, the Incarnate is better. Some fights are annoying, when the other party starts with a full round and they lock down Fane (Glass cannon). Really not sure is that talent actually worth it. It's like every enemy knows he can't resist status effects.

Creativity like this is one of the reasons Original Sin 2 is such a great game! Doubt it'll break anything (though I haven't tried it myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Creativity like this is one of the reasons Original Sin 2 is such a great game! Doubt it'll break anything (though I haven't tried it myself).
    Once one of them turned hostile they all went hostile. So I made sure that Fort Joy was free from their influence. It doesn't break anything. There is a special boss inside the main Fort as well as an NPC the Magisters turns on that you can assist.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    The special boss inside the fort is kind of hard for me at the moment. 2 casters, 2 melee, the 1 elf and the badass boss. Too much for my lil group to handle at the moment, but I'll be back to slap the taste out the mouth of the boss later.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Amen, I was actually pretty surprising after getting one achievement after dragging some death fog barrels from the boat and throwing them towards Dallis at the fort entrance >.<
    Damn, there were death fog barrels on the boat!? I thought I scoured the thing before leaving for Fort Joy....

Question about money/trading - I'm nearly ready to leave Fort Joy. I'm level 5 with decent gear, I guess. Meanwhile, it seems like there's a decent amount of stuff on NPCs that I'd like to get, but anything actually useful feels super expensive. Am I doing something wrong that funds feel so scarce (other than playing someone not evil enough to just kill people for their stuff)?

Yeah, inside a locked room, you can fetch the key where Fane is reading his book in Undead form. You need to be quick getting to them, or else a tentacle will destroy them… it helps being undead and you need points into strength to pick them up.

As for your question, thieving is like a must have. If you are doing a lone wolf run, go for thieving + persuasion (do recommend leaving thieving for an undead character), otherwise, besides those 2, you might also want to grab Lucky charm and Bartering (both those skill are going to become shared with the rest of the party next patch, source: https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...om/XGu2GVt.png)

Also, take in mind that traders will update their shit when you reach certain levels, if they don’t have anything you really need and you are still going to linger around that zone for a while, just try coming back later after some level ups.
    Hmmm, interesting!

When you get to the point in the game where you can respec, does that include the civil abilities?

Also curious if there are any resources available that go over the game mechanics or a character builder or whatnot? My googlefu seems to be failing me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Hmmm, interesting!

When you get to the point in the game where you can respec, does that include the civil abilities?

Also curious if there are any resources available that go over the game mechanics or a character builder or whatnot? My googlefu seems to be failing me.
    It does include civil. It's every thing but race, you can even change your face.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    So, I'm an hour in, escaped Fort Joy and all but I have to admit I'm bored to death.

Am I missing something here? I mean, the game looks and sounds amazing, but the combat is horrible and the story (so far) is extremely bland. Is this going to change some time soon? If not, I'll just refund it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So I never really got into the first game, and while the second one fares better so far (characters and companions with an actual personality helps) it still doesn't really grab me, and I cannot fathom why. The quest design is good, the story is more gripping, the combat is good, the mechanics are appropriately old school without overdoing it. Feels like I should like and play this game more than I am.

Maybe it picks up afterwards? I'm level 3 only, onwards to level 4, just finished the first fight in the Arena. Is there any tangible consequences to having the smith lady remove your collar? Seems like they won't let me fight in said arena until I do.

Also it seems it suffers from a bit of the same problem as the first game, in that physical damage scales higher and is much more powerful than magic. Bummer, I wanted to play a mage.
    Humm… anyone else having issues with follower dialogue triggers when controlled by other player that ain’t the host? Started a new game with origin characters and noticed that my friend that is playing as Fane and also controlling Lohse, won’t trigger certain dialogues from Lohse, such as the one where she goes berserk against the blind elf in the cave or the dwarf in the prison unless I (the host) take control over her =/
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    It does include civil. It's every thing but race, you can even change your face.
    I don't think I could leave my casters behind. . . too much fun setting everything on FIRE.