Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Braids and dreadlocks are technically different. Dreadlocks are knotted and really hard (if not cant be taken out unless cut off) to take off. Braids is just the hair braided and not permanently braided. So Dreadlocks are more dirty because you are not supposed to wash them and their are rules for upkeep for it.

Basically its complicated.

But the hair seems fine to me but i cant really tell 100%.
    Last edited by ali725; 2017-10-11 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    You're not forced to do anything. You applied for the job voluntarily. If you don't agree to the terms of that employment then you shouldn't take the job. So lets stop with the "humans treated like mindless robots."
    That doesn't even make any sense at all. This girl applied to this job and was already working there for some time, until one day she came in with a new hairstyle. Does that mean the employer can impose a new stipulation to the original work agreement at any time and withhold work over a hair style? Seems a bit much, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I too find such braiding, and variants of it like Dreadlocks, to be rather disgusting.
    Blatant racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Blatant racism?
    How is it racism to not like a hairstyle?

Hair looks fine for a retail establishment. The chick is pretty good looking too, so not sure the problem. Probably a racist manager.

If the job was working around moving parts, that hair wouldn't be allowed due to safety regulations.

Nothing to see here: racism happened and was dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    How is it racism to not like a hairstyle?
    Do you really have to ask why tennisace finds something like this racist? I hope you don't expect him to actually answer the question.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well I could see if the hair was messy but the braids look pretty kempt to me.
    Yeah, they look nice to me.

Here are the braids in question.

Her hair does look kind of ratty at the bottom. I also like how she had to point out the two peoples race as if that had anything to do with her hair.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2017-10-12 at 12:07 AM.

They fired me from hot-topic for wearing a business suit, a silk tie, neatly cut hair, and italian leather dress shoes.

I dropped a lawsuit on them and settled out of court for one spiked human dog collar and a handful of nirvana bracelets.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    They fired me from hot-topic for wearing a business suit, a silk tie, neatly cut hair, and italian leather dress shoes.

I dropped a lawsuit on them and settled out of court for one spiked human dog collar and a handful of nirvana bracelets.
    You could have gotten at least another 2 Thrasher hoodies and some retro 80's band t-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You could have gotten at least another 2 Thrasher hoodies and some retro 80's band t-shirts.
    and maybe a pair of jnco jeans.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. if it's against dress code it's against dress code. But no it must be racism obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Terrible if true.

However we've not seen any proof. Just a she said, he said and she posted her story up on Facebook first with all the correct triggers. Black female victim oppressed by white man. So naturally it got all the hits.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not forced to do anything. You applied for the job voluntarily. If you don't agree to the terms of that employment then you shouldn't take the job. So lets stop with the "humans treated like mindless robots."
    This is the definition of a "false choice". You need a job to survive, these rules are nearly omnipresent. So saying you "chose" to subject yourself to the rules when the alternative is homelessness, starvation and potentially death in a capitalist society is absolutely moronic.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This is the definition of a "false choice". You need a job to survive, these rules are nearly omnipresent. So saying you "chose" to subject yourself to the rules when the alternative is homelessness, starvation and potentially death in a capitalist society is absolutely moronic.
    if the alternative is what you said then it seems like making your hair look nice and professional is a small price to pay.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Seems like the manager was a jerk. Not a lot here as the right thing was done in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    'He told me that my braids were not Banana Republic appropriate and that they were too “urban” and “unkempt” for their image.

'In that moment, I felt so uncomfortable and overwhelmed that I didn’t even finish my work shift and ended up leaving.'
    Millennials, not even once.

7+ Year Old Account
    The disgusting reality about braids: most women with them only wash their hair every 2 weeks.

Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the alternative is what you said then it seems like making your hair look nice and professional is a small price to pay.
    The problem is it's a lot of "small prices". Eventually you have to draw a line. Maybe it's hair, maybe it's something else. You start with smell, skin condition, makeup, hair, proper clothes, certain shoes, certain ways of speech, some stores even have workers change their name (for their nametag) if their birth name is "exotic". For 7 bucks an hour, there's a point where it's either "pay me more, or stop putting more requirements on me". Especially for women, the appearance requirements can be quite time consuming and expensive. But the conditions don't exist in our system for an employee to draw that line. An employer is more likely to fire them.

You can't make any sort of rational argument founded on "Do whatever your employer tells you, since the alternative it death."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Looks pretty ghetto-fab to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!