Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because talking about black on black crime has been pushed back since the 90s. Modern Black activists don't like talking about it because that would require doing something.

A wonderful parallel to the NFL protests. Only say there is a problem. Have no interest in fixing it.
    Do you go around and criticize people for wearing pink during breast cancer month as well?
    "You're not doing anything by wearing pink, you only say there is a problem but clearly don't want to fix it!"

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    Do you go around and criticize people for wearing pink during breast cancer month as well?
    "You're not doing anything by wearing pink, you only say there is a problem but clearly don't want to fix it!"
    Breast cancer can't be fixed by NFL players going into labs to do the research. They can only raise awareness and g money.

They MIGHT actually be able to use this fame and attention to organize community meetings that can go towards dealing with the Police issue. But that's far harder than kneeling.

Because talking about black on black crime has been pushed back since the 90s. Modern Black activists don't like talking about it because that would require doing something.

A wonderful parallel to the NFL protests. Only say there is a problem. Have no interest in fixing it.
    They should talk about it, everyone should talk about it. They should also talk about the unnecessary use of force by police officers, as well as the racial-based practices within some departments. What nobody should do, is try and bring up one, as a reason to not discuss the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the NFL should just end the issue entirely by not playing the anthem before games...

We used to play it in other places where we don't anymore, like before movies and every day before school.

Things change, they could easily circumvent the entire thing by just skipping it.

It isn't necessary...it was really only there because it was an easy brownie point, a quick an easy nod to make anyone particularly sensitive to that kinda thing happy. It isn't as if the NFL has some burning passion for respecting the flag or anything, it is a business and they don't care about the flag any more then any other company does. How many of you sing the national anthem every day before work? Likely almost 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    I think the NFL should just end the issue entirely by not playing the anthem before games...

We used to play it in other places where we don't anymore, like before movies and every day before school.

Things change, they could easily circumvent the entire thing by just skipping it.

It isn't necessary...it was really only there because it was an easy brownie point, a quick an easy nod to make anyone particularly sensitive to that kinda thing happy. It isn't as if the NFL has some burning passion for respecting the flag or anything, it is a business and they don't care about the flag any more then any other company does. How many of you sing the national anthem every day before work? Likely almost 0.
    Again. I am also in favor of removing the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post

That really is the most logical solution.

Breast cancer can't be fixed by NFL players going into labs to do the research. They can only raise awareness and g money.

They MIGHT actually be able to use this fame and attention to organize community meetings that can go towards dealing with the Police issue. But that's far harder than kneeling.
    I'm not saying I'm for what they are doing, but what they are doing has brought my awareness than any organized community meetings would do. Literally the whole nation knows now.

It's just that a lot of trump supporters have taken it out of context completely. It's not the NFL player's fault for people being dumb and trying to belittle their cause.

I'm not saying I'm for what they are doing, but what they are doing has brought my awareness than any organized community meetings would do. Literally the whole nation knows now.

It's just that a lot of trump supporters have taken it out of context completely. It's not the NFL player's fault for people being dumb and trying to belittle their cause.
    They belittle their own cause. Only a handful of people are kneeling for anything, and then that's unclear between claims it's for "Pointing out injustices", "Respecting the military" or "Sticking it to Trump". Then we have the crowd that's only in it to be in pictures and get Twitter points.

Either way, these people have the means, the money, the connections and the media draw to do more than kneel. And they will do nothing more.

And to be fair, if there was a football player with the knowledge of experimental breast cancer treatments he's been doing research on, I'd want that guy in a lab not getting hit in the head.

This is the issue. This is the single issue that has shown conservatards as the complete fucking hypocrites they are.

They never cared about reals before feels, they were just pissy their feels weren't being taking seriously.

They belittle their own cause. Only a handful of people are kneeling for anything, and then that's unclear between claims it's for "Pointing out injustices", "Respecting the military" or "Sticking it to Trump". Then we have the crowd that's only in it to be in pictures and get Twitter points.

Either way, these people have the means, the money, the connections and the media draw to do more than kneel. And they will do nothing more.

And to be fair, if there was a football player with the knowledge of experimental breast cancer treatments he's been doing research on, I'd want that guy in a lab not getting hit in the head.
    It was already belittle'd by trump. Literally threatened their freedom of speech. So they try to prove that they won't let a bully, bully them.
    The guy wants to remove freedom of the press, when reading from his words today.

If someone threatens your freedoms, then you try to stand united.

The whole "They just want to do it for fame" is a stupid argument in general. No proof, you only want to belittle the cause yourself by making up "fake" claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, why not address both issues separately, instead of trying to use one to avoid talking about the other? Are you unable to talk about both separately?

That's like saying that they should be kneeling for the Muslims being attacked and killed in Myanmar. One does not have to do with the other, and it is disingenuous to try and avoid talking about one, by bringing up the other.
    Honestly take politics out of sports.

It was already belittle'd by trump. Literally threatened their freedom of speech. So they try to prove that they won't let a bully, bully them.
    The guy wants to remove freedom of the press, when reading from his words today.

If someone threatens your freedoms, then you try to stand united.

The whole "They just want to do it for fame" is a stupid argument in general. No proof, you only want to belittle the cause yourself by making up "fake" claims.
    It's not fair to assume people that didn't give a shit about kneeling until Trump said something are phony? It's no different than saying the people who only cared if people stood after Trump said something are phony.

Caepernick and a few people are atleast somewhat original. For others, it's only because it's trending on Twitter. And once Trump finds a new pet project, the amount of kneelers will fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The best way to do that, is to get rid of the National Anthem entirely. There's no need to play it before the game.

It's not fair to assume people that didn't give a shit about kneeling until Trump said something are phony? It's no different than saying the people who only cared if people stood after Trump said something are phony.

Caepernick and a few people are atleast somewhat original. For others, it's only because it's trending on Twitter. And once Trump finds a new pet project, the amount of kneelers will fall off.
    Sounds like you are reaching... hard. The president threatened their freedom of speech. I would think it's more likely they did it to protest their right to the first amendment.

But hey, if you want to think "lolz they did it for the attention!" then fine, you could say that about anything. Donald Trump became president for the attention. Has just as much weight as your claim.

Sounds like you are reaching... hard. The president threatened their freedom of speech. I would think it's more likely they did it to protest their right to the first amendment.

But hey, if you want to think "lolz they did it for the attention!" then fine, you could say that about anything. Donald Trump became president for the attention. Has just as much weight as your claim.
    It feels like you said that thinking I'd disagree. Running for attention was in my top three reasons he went for it.

And what is Trump going to do? Executive Order? Nazi Attack? I keep hearing he threatened it. He certainly said stupid shit. But people also say he's Hitler and going to insert himself as a dictator.

Pound of salt for hairbrained theories.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You want to remove the flag and national anthem from sports events? Hey I think we finally found common ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    I think it was a drive at 2008-2009 byt the US military for recruiting purposes. As in they will reach many young people through the games and what better way to salute the flag and sing the anthem. So people saying this is a "revered" custom is bullshitting so hard. Before 2008 players mostly was in the lockerrooms during the anthem.

And to the people that say well "they should stand up and out on the field when the Anthem is played" If that should be the case then i imagine som other workplaces should start aswell as not to offend or disrespect the flag/anthem before they start their workdays. Ofc this should all be done during the worktime.
    thats creepy as hell

i dont even remember saying the pledge of allegiance until after the 9/11 attacks

i remember singing in my head while everyone recited it

7+ Year Old Account
    It feels like you said that thinking I'd disagree. Running for attention was in my top three reasons he went for it.

And what is Trump going to do? Executive Order? Nazi Attack? I keep hearing he threatened it. He certainly said stupid shit. But people also say he's Hitler and going to insert himself as a dictator.

Pound of salt for hairbrained theories.
    Oh, he wants to be a dictator. Very much. But he's way too stupid to pull it off. He's basically what Hitler would've been if he had been dropped on his head a bunch of times.

Hitler may have been insane, but he wasn't stupid. He knew how to manipulate people, and he manipulated his way into being a dictator. Trump is way too stupid for that. He basically just thinks he is a dictator now.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-10-12 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    So any crime is racism now ?

The bullshit cup is filling itself really fast in this thread
    Im not the one that claims it is, every major news outlet does. I could give 2 shits if one race hates another, i hate every race and all people.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    i wish national anthems got updated every 20 years or so

maybe that way id be able to listen to them without falling asleep
    They updated the US national anthem not too long ago