Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't know. Why would you look at anything from an angle?

Could be true it's because I've never seen the difference but IPS at this size and spec? Couldn't find anything around that price.

Not to mention.... Since I wanted G Sync and not Freesync, hardly any other monitor even played a role.

Can you maybe give me an example of a 1440p monitor that has the same specs and an IPS/VS with G Sync? Even your Samsung only has Freesnyc. IIRC that's not compatible with Nvidia.
    My Samsung doesn't have Freesync last I checked. Not that I care, it's 60 Hz and I don't need it.

The ASUS ROG SWIFT 279, instead of the 278 you listed. Might be a little more pricey, is IPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I personally use PG279Q and I agree with a guy who says TN is shit, I am not using TN monitors for several years now, the difference is there.
    ^^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ^^
    I know full well it's IPS, you think it's the only monitor I ever use? I have a lot of various kinds and brands of monitors and that's why I can compare and tell that with confidence.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know full well it's IPS, you think it's the only monitor I ever use? I have a lot of various kinds and brands of monitors and that's why I can compare and tell that with confidence.
    Uh... Dude chill lol I was quoting you and highlighting to make a point to the first guy I quoted. Relax...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you mis read his quote. he was pointing out that he agreed with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Uh... Dude chill lol I was quoting you and highlighting to make a point to the first guy I quoted. Relax...
    OK fair enough, sorry for misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    If you managed to save $300, you will manage to save $600... You don't need a new monitor right now
    I think this is the best advice right here. Monitor purchase is something that can wait, it's a good idea to invest more into that because this part is something that will stay with you for many years, especially if you do not have $$ to burn, while everything else you will replace eventually.

OP, save more $$, wait for Black Friday and score some great fast IPS Sync monitor, which will last you years instead of jumping on some cheap shit train just because it is 144Hz.

15+ Year Old Account

OP, save more $$, wait for Black Friday and score some great fast IPS Sync monitor, which will last you years instead of jumping on some cheap shit train just because it is 144Hz.
    Great advice, this is what I am doing. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are my two favorite days of the year!