Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    White americans trying to steal an marginalized group's culture again? Shocking..
    Koreans definitley aren't marginalized in Korea, they tend to be more inclined to do the marginalizing.

K-pop is mostly just slightly worse Western pop sung in Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Koreans definitley aren't marginalized in Korea, they tend to be more inclined to do the marginalizing.
    Wake up it's 2017..

http://www.seattleglobalist.com/2016...n-asians/57763

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

The only thing I don't like about the genre and j-pop is the same is it's highly produced. They find a pretty or handsome person, teach them to sing, tell them what to say during interviews, get a song writer to write the songs for them, find some musicians, there isn't the garage band effect you get in the US, like the late Tom Petty's band.
    You are wrong in this assumption that all they do is sit there and look pretty and sing songs written for them by someone else. There are many artists well known to write and produce songs not only for their own groups but also for other groups and other artists that are awesome songs so they get lots of money from royalties on top of what they make from promoting with their own group. There are also a fair number of members who choreograph for their own groups as well as other groups too. There are some idols who have interesting personalities and are quite funny and do very well on variety shows and there are plenty that are also accomplished actors as well as singers. There is quite a bit more to kpop then you are claiming in your statement but if you don't like it then that's fine, you don't have listen to it

actually I find that what you've described perfectly fits with most american artists. They can't dance, I dare say most can't even sing that good either, they do not write their own songs and the songs that do get written for them are mostly all shit, its why I've pretty much stopped listening to any american music but that's just my personal preference
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has nothing to do with Kpop though. Which comes from Korea, not Korean Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you both are talking about different issues... He is talking about in South Korea. You are talking about general news?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Freighter

Thanks! Bouncy and amusing, just what the morning needed.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    k-pop is zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

scram weeaboo filth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read what you linked? Koreans aren't brown asians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's "racist" if it refers to physical attributes. Saying, "all Asians look alike" is racist. Music is not a racial attribute. "Weeb" was used colloquially to refer to people obsessed with Asian cultures. Should I have used "Koreaboo"?
    Weeb is for people interested in japanese stuff. Chinese, Korean, Thai, Brunei, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Malay, Singaporean, Laotian, Khmer, Burmese, Filipino, Indonesian, Mongolian culture is not like Japanese culture.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-10-12 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Only a matter of time before music vids like this are on MTV and VH1 eh?
    >Music videos on MTV

When are you living, the 90s?

The only "exposure" I've had to K-pop was when I was watching SING with my young nephew;

Absolutely no thank you...!!!

Just like every genre of music, I'm sure I'd find at least a few songs to enjoy.

I'd be completely fine if this sort of music replaced some of what's popular these days.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci.../#5a589c65da99

Wow. Did you see this coming?

Only a matter of time before music vids like this are on MTV and VH1 eh? It will serve as quite the contrast to other popular vids for sure.

Are you a K-pop fan? Is someone you know one?

I personally am not.

"Americans are embracing K-pop" LIke you speak for Americans and have any idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

White americans trying to steal an marginalized group's culture again? Shocking..
    Says the white liberal Norwegian ? Or are you non-white? If you ARE non-white, then please throw away your PC, iPhone/Smartphone/whatever, and turn off all your electrical appliances and live in a grass hut - we wouldn't want you being a hypocrite about appropriating culture, now would we?

10+ Year Old Account

Only a matter of time before music vids like this are on MTV and VH1 eh? It will serve as quite the contrast to other popular vids for sure.

I personally am not.
    Not really a K-Pop fan, but I have recently found myself really getting into J-Metal, and J-Rock. These two bands particularly.

Unlucky Morpheus - Metal

Band Maid - Rock/Hard Rock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    J-Pop > K-Pop. Also Babymetal.
    Band Maid > Baby Metal.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I personally am not.
    Silly goose MTV doesnt do music anymore its all about catfish and jersey shore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    K-pop is only good for looking at, not listening.
    indeed there are some hawt ass korean females there and terrible terrible terrible male korean rappers that are clearly wannabe american rappers
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Not really a K-Pop fan, but I have recently found myself really getting into J-Metal, and J-Rock. These two bands particularly.

Unlucky Morpheus - Metal

Band Maid - Rock/Hard Rock

[video=youtube;9TkHpvaO09c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TkHpvaO09c&index=10&list=RDEMnD4SJQ2_UAGZRcK7Az398g[video]
    Nice to see how UM has grown after doing 7 years of Touhou arranges

Still not as good as Demetori blasters

Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-10-12 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with music I don't like as long as it doesn't interrupt the 'good' music I listen to , they can sing whatever they want
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Nice to see how UM has grown after doing 7 years of Touhou arranges

They are quite phenomenal. I even went back to see what her other projects sounded like, such as Doll$ Boxx, and was also impressed with that. Black Pentagram took me completely by surprise though, that song is basically perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Still not as good as Demetori blasters
    Do you have a particular track I should I look for to get the best impression of them first?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    The only good Asian music is Japanese music from the 80s and 60s in that order.

Awesome i just heared that song last week on youtube and then its get linked here ^^.

Also:

Oh and DJ Okawari got a new album.