Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, with Alleria and Turalyon coming back and their story being told in some detail, I wonder if it sets the stage for a kind of reboot. Like this:

Background: Alleria and Turalyon are thrown into the Twisting Nether as our Draenor becomes Outland. Things happen (see the story on Blizz's site) and they come back to us after 1000 years of their time but only a few decades of ours.

Effect
    That's the perfect mechanism to have a jump forward in time... just reverse the ratio. Have us do an off world/in the Nether expansion (not the next one, perhaps the one after). For us, it's a year or two of subjective time. We come back... and for Azeroth it's been decades/a couple of centuries.

That would allow them to present us with new threats, a changed world, etc and fit in without it feeling silly.

WILL they do this? Probably not. What would the threat(s) be? No idea. I think having us defeat things as large and powerful as the Void Lords is bad fiction since it makes us far too powerful and every other possible threat puny ("Oh look a new Lich King. How cute. We just killed off the most powerful representatives of the Shadow... [flick]... oh look a dead Lich King..."). But if they want to do a reset or a time jump, they've set the stage with some background that makes it plausible.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-10-13 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've thought about this often. I find it a little sad too because the Burning Legion is a HUGE influential part of the story. Most of the stuff that has happened in Warcraft's history was because of the Legion. To see it all finally end is almost like seeing WoW end which is scary to think about.

I don't know what they're going to come up with next but whatever it is I hope it can match the epicness of fighting the Legion. I'm kind of anxious to see what it is but at the same time I can't help but feel like I'm going to miss fighting the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Yeah I've thought about this often. I find it a little sad too because the Burning Legion is a HUGE influential part of the story. Most of the stuff that has happened in Warcraft's history was because of the Legion. To see it all finally end is almost like seeing WoW end which is scary to think about.

I don't know what they're going to come up with next but whatever it is I hope it can match the epicness of fighting the Legion. I'm kind of anxious to see what it is but at the same time I can't help but feel like I'm going to miss fighting the Legion.
    That's how I feel too.

Can't really see fighting Void will feel as epic as fighting Legion but I'll give it a shot.
    War3 just made Burning Legion THE villains for me.

Really feels like end of one huge Warcraft era with Burning Legion gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the end is FAR FAR away....thats the beauty of mmos.... just look at eq....

and stop for a moment to do some math and you will see f2p is not gonna happen anytime soon:
    - lets say for a start wow is down to 100.000 players
    - lets say blizzard gets from each of them 13 buck / month (yes we ignore the more income through tokens)
    => that is 1.300.000 bucks per month or 15.600.000 bucks per year
    you really think ANYONE in it for the money would just throw that away?
    (especially someone who has to report to shareholders?)
    LoL is even bigger. And its F2P. Same about HS and other major scene games. Yes, the whole development of these games costs like 10% of how much it costs to maintain WoW(per quarter), but still.

I do defiently predict, that we have 2 expansions left(there is even a blue about it, hard to find, but he mentions there is 4-5 more expansions to go, said back in WoD/MoP times).

After that, its obviously going to turn into a F2P, living for PVP and events and stale development of actual lore(and yes, even then, it probably going to be the biggest MMO out there).

As for shareholders, you have deals - just because many people are playing it, you can't prolong it for the sake of money, as it might cost more in the end. Gameplay standard and the lore must make sense(maybe this is first time ever, where it makes sense to create WoW 2, seen from buisness perspective or Warcraft 4).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-13 at 07:25 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm it does feel weird. We're finally kicking the asses of the ultimate bad guys, of course its like 'what do i do with my hands now'...

I only wish they foreshadowed/talked about/ entered the void-lord-guys earlier.... Blizz likes to one-up themselves quite a bit

I personally think the void lords are gonna stretch WoW out. this puppy aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    As is the uncertainty of some Old Gods. Only Y'shaarj seems truly dead in canon, altho there's a whisper from the priest artifact.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.
    Wrong. It is very clear in the canon that all of the known Old Gods except N'Zoth are dead, 2 killed in-game as raid bosses. The lore isn't sketchy on that at all whatsoever.

Quote above only supports that actually, the quote is literally naming off the dead Old God's, and that's literally the point of the quote. That the remaining Old God is weaker than the others who are DEAD.

C'thun been fairly unknown, previously known as dead, then we got a comic that transformed Cho'gall to his spiked eye-body form.
    I never read this comic at all , not even a huge lore nerd, I have just read the detailed parts that mattered that other people made available and this isn't even confusing to me. That comic, it involved Cho'gall performing ritual over C'thuns corpse ffs. C'thun is deader than dead.

And now we got a "stab" wound in silthus with energy seeping out neaby Ahn'qiraj.
    Unbelievable that you're confused even on this, I mean it was datamined and the datamining which was only very recently datamined was very clear on what that's all about. It's seeping out Azeroth's life force is what it's seeping out. Who knows the implications of what that means.

Maybe Old God's can be resurrected, it's established that there is some residual effects left over after killing them, but it is still definitely established with absolutely zero confusion that all but one are totally 100% dead in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can churn expansions for many years forward, Void Lords alone sounds like meaty 3 expansions right there with next one being first. You have a ton of loose ends as is and they can always do something like MoP, which was a very successful expansion seeing how they produced a whole continent and decent story out of literally nothing.

Just look at this whole Jaina thing, it's just one character that will be a centerpiece of next expansion and probably it will be her story and story of her homeland being tainted by void and then realize that you have a dozen other Jainas like that Blizzard can dust off or steer in a direction that will be a good expansion material.

Deleted
    It doesn't really end until Sargeras' form, soul and consciousness are all completely destroyed. But blizz went the LK route again, saving him for later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It doesn't really end until Sargeras' form, soul and consciousness are all completely destroyed. But blizz went the LK route again, saving him for later.
    I am pretty sure they will dig him out of his hole eventually, Void Sargeras something something a-la Deathwing 2.0 where he is a meaty pawn of some Void Lord/s whatever they are.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Wrong. It is very clear in the canon that all of the known Old Gods except N'Zoth are dead, 2 killed in-game as raid bosses. The lore isn't sketchy on that at all whatsoever.
    That's what I thought too, but people all over the place always bring out different sources, like the Cho'gall-C'thun comic from ages ago, or confuse the Emerald Nightmare being a set-up by Yogg, while he opened it but not further Corrupted it like we see it in 7.0, that was N'zoth's work, il'gynoth even mentioned that.

It still DOES make the most sense to have N'zoth as the last and most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

Unbelievable that you're confused even on this, I mean it was datamined and the datamining which was only very recently datamined was very clear on what that's all about. It's seeping out Azeroth's life force is what it's seeping out. Who knows the implications of what that means.
    Again that C'thun theory was just being spun around this forum recently, not a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    That's what I thought too, but people all over the place always bring out different sources, like the Cho'gall-C'thun comic from ages ago, or confuse the Emerald Nightmare being a set-up by Yogg, while he opened it but not further Corrupted it like we see it in 7.0, that was N'zoth's work, il'gynoth even mentioned that.

It still DOES make the most sense to have N'zoth as the last and most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Again that C'thun theory was just being spun around this forum recently, not a fact.
    Ya I don't doubt that, people on this forum spin all kinds of theories that are obviously bad and wrong, if people were trying to say the other old god's never died at all in the first place they're way off into baseless speculation/really awful fanfic territory.

I actually thought that maybe some residual Yoggness was leftover, it is sort of hinted at in Legion with his minions attacking Ulduar and such.

Maybe it'll turn out that Old God's never really die but their essence is de-personalized, or absorbed by the others? That could be a thing and would explain why Old God minions continue to be a presence long after the Old God itself has been killed, would fit established lore.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-10-13 at 09:51 PM.