Poll: is he boring

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Was he blindly worshipping him or was he under X'eras control? *dun dun duuun* It was odd that when X'era got phasered to death his eye turned from golden back to normal. Was the meaning of that ever explained?
    I'm sure it has to do with him being Lightforged.
    Maybe he will being aging again
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Turalyon is basically just a SPESS MUREEN.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Turalyon is basically just a SPESS MUREEN.
    But without everything that actually makes them cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But without everything that actually makes them cool.
    Like purging heresy and praising the god emperor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Like purging heresy and praising the god emperor?
    And also without boreale pattern baldness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If he was an evil zealot forcing his views upon others like how he displayed in the "revoking the gift" cinematic then he would be far -far- more interesting. Ex. He'd start killing people or interrogating people who didn't believe in the Light. Basically a redefined scarlet crusade like character.
    Turalyon's reacting like he did about Xe'ra's death is hardly "forcing views upon others". And gosh, is going to the other extreme the only conceivable solution to escape the goody two-shoes characterization? I may understand that that's indeed Blizzard's only solution most of the times but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Turalyon's reacting like he did about Xe'ra's death is hardly "forcing views upon others". And gosh, is going to the other extreme the only conceivable solution to escape the goody two-shoes characterization? I may understand that that's indeed Blizzard's only solution most of the times but come on.
    Technically its not. You can do that by creating a complex story, that showcases people on diffrent sides, and with diffrent ideals/views from many diffrent perspectives and without ever giving audience clear answer to who is right and who is wrong.

Short answer, it will never work in warcraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    If he was an evil zealot forcing his views upon others like how he displayed in the "revoking the gift" cinematic then he would be far -far- more interesting. Ex. He'd start killing people or interrogating people who didn't believe in the Light. Basically a redefined scarlet crusade like character.
    That would be boring, making him a generic obvious evil characte. It would be more interesting if he was just evil agains the Legion troops, making us question his mental condition and how he would be able to handle living after the Legions defeat.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

He's so generic. Fair skin, blonde hair, golden-yellow armor, lawful good, Radical Light-Extremist
    Are we talking about Trump?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    He's boring because hes not a big enough zealot imo. take post Xe'ra taking a forced vacation curiosity of Illidan, while everyone else (Allerria and Velen) I can accept understanding what happened with Velen already having some doubts about the Naaru, and Alleria likely feeling indifferent after being imprisoned, Turyalon just swings ones and is like nah I guess you killing my windchime mom is ok.

His boringness is Blizzard not wanting to write more than an hours worth of quests, they could have had a few weeks worth of quests with us working with Turyalon while he copes with balancing the needs of Azeroth and his anger.
    See, that would be rather interesting. If we had an entire seperate quest-line beside the main storyline, where we go around on Argus and aiding Turalyon taking out demon camps and setting up bases and their defenses, while we get to know him and his current mindset towards the world. It is proberly hard to battle on vs the Legion after Xe'ras death, especially when he has to work together with her killer. In the end, he is only human and he is proberly battleing with his lust for revenge against Illidan for his betrayel and his order of keeping the prophecy of the child of light coming to reality.

Also, we are at the end of an expansion, so every character should start to look to the future and what will happend to them when the Legion is defeated. Turalyon is a guy, who lived in a world, where the Horde was evil and the Alliance good, so he will proberly have a hard time coming back to a world, where that is no longer the case. He would have to find out if he is gonna be part of the Alliance, that goes to war with the Horde like Genn or to stand beside Anduin in a hunt for long lasting peace.

All these questions should be hauting him and seeding doubt about his actions and his past..... It should be something, that needed to be talked about in-game.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

He's Generic.

I like Tong better....

They've done him bad so far. He's like a damn door-knocking Jehovah witness with his overbearing light preaching.

Personally, the last time i found a warcraft characther to be, even mildly, interesting, it was Arthas on the human campaign of warcraft 3. Even that was eventually ruined when he became a generic "lord evil".

I don't think blizzard writes good characters, it's usually just barely competent cliches.

I want to like them, but urgh...

That said if you enjoy them, more power to you. But i feel like disliking a "good" characther because he tries to be "good" is a waste. There are great stories told about just people living in a unjust world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Short answer, it will never work in warcraft.
    Yeah, it will not. And to be honest, as I said in this thread already, I expected nothing better from Turalyon.

Guess my only hope for him was to get a remarkable voice at least but even that didn't deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah, it will not. And to be honest, as I said in this thread already, I expected nothing better from Turalyon.

Guess my only hope for him was to get a remarkable voice at least but even that didn't deliver.
    In fairness, he's the one post-Arthas Human that has nice hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Are we talking about Trump?
    ...Who....?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Yeah, they have fucked up Turalyons character. I remember how Lothar chose him before the 2nd war over his senior fellow paladins because he was less pious and more military minded, and that is completely gone. Now he is basically just your standard issue paladin.

Though I have to say Allerias character arc isnt much better.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    ...Who....?
    my suspension of disbelief just collapsed into a singularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    my suspension of disbelief just collapsed into a singularity.
    lol nah i just dont want to discuss that "thing" in here.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    They made him boring by having him job to Illidan.