Poll: Best of Legion

Best and worst of Legion

What are your guys opinion?
    The poll is for positive things added to Legion! So feel free to discuss on what stuff they added which you dislike or disagree on.

Best
    Mythic Plus - It's fun and challenging for me, I like doing them every week and not only for the cache on reset day. Most of the Dungeons are pretty fun.
    Content - Even though some patches has been fairly bad, they have done great by giving us some content atleast, massive upgrade from WoD.
    Raids - Even though I didn't much enjoy EM or ToS (Mythic) I'm still impressed by the raids, 4 raids.
    Demon Hunters - Even though I don't play one, it's cool that they were finally added!
    World Quests - I rarely do them anymore on my main, but it did keep me going on doing stuff for a long time.
    Transmog wardrobe - Awesome, just awesome.

Worst
    Legendaries: I hate them, they are basically glyphs which drop random and some are crucial for some specs.
    RNG: By RNG I mean Warforged, Titanforged and all that stupid stuff
    There's actually only two things that I categories as "worst" but these are pretty massive.

And then there is
    "Both good and bad"
    Spec revamps - Some were interesting, but I really miss some of the old classes and their spells.
    Animations - Really, they were good, should been on the "best" but I miss some of the old animations, might just be nostalgia speaking.
    Artifacts - Good idea, fun at start, nice to not keep chasing that bis weapon. AP power is boring and a massive grind. Most of the weapons looked good.
    PVP Talents - A nice touch to PVP, haven't done much PVP this expansion so I can't really say if it was good or bad.

Forgot to add "other" to the poll.. nice
    Last edited by Tyze; 2017-10-11 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    Nice little list humm yes, yes.

I would add "PvP Templates" to the "both good and bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Nice little list humm yes, yes.

I would had "PvP Templates" to the "both good and bad"
    That's right. I honestly miss old PVP gear and honor

Good:
    Mythic plus ...best thing of legion for sure and will continue to impact the QoL for the rets of life
    Legendaries impact
    AP ...make things worth while doing
    Raids are pretty good

Bad:
    Distribution method of legendaries (you can't have items with that big of an impact being completely random to get)
    PvP
    ToS end boss tuning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    The poll is for positive things added to Legion! So feel free to discuss on what stuff they added which you dislike or disagree on.

Best
    Mythic Plus - It's fun and challenging for me, I like doing them every week and not only for the cache on reset day. Most of the Dungeons are pretty fun.
    Content - Even though some patches has been fairly bad, they have done great by giving us some content atleast, massive upgrade from WoD.
    Raids - Even though I didn't much enjoy EM or ToS (Mythic) I'm still impressed by the raids, 4 raids.
    Demon Hunters - Even though I don't play one, it's cool that they were finally added!
    World Quests - I rarely do them anymore on my main, but it did keep me going on doing stuff for a long time.

Worst
    Legendaries: I hate them, they are basically glyphs which drop random and some are crucial for some specs.
    There's actually only two things that I categories as "worst" but these are pretty massive.

And then there is
    "Both good and bad"
    Spec revamps - Some were interesting, but I really miss some of the old classes and their spells.
    Animations - Really, they were good, should been on the "best" but I miss some of the old animations, might just be nostalgia speaking.
    Artifacts - Good idea, fun at start, nice to not keep chasing that bis weapon. AP power is boring and a massive grind. Most of the weapons looked good.
    PVP Talents - A nice touch to PVP, haven't done much PVP this expansion so I can't really say if it was good or bad.

I voted for everything on your list.

Legion has been A+ so far, and it is almost on par with TBC as the greatest expansion ever made.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted for everything other than the PVP stuff which I haven't played and spec revamps which I thought weren't that great in many cases

Deleted
    Just going to list 1:

Best - Mythic +. Scalable challenging content you can actually do with your buddies and don't need to field 19 others to do? Absolutely great. The rotating affix combinations keep it fresh. I love it, it's the one thing that needs to be kept without any shred of doubt.

Worst - TF/WF. The forging system isn't bad per se, the ilvl range on it and which items actually forge is what makes it a horrible system in Legion. The right way to do this is how previous expansions handled it: have items WF 5 ilvl and TF 10 ilvl above their base, and only have the TF/WF system in for actual raid drops. Remove it from previous tiers once a new one releases. Don't apply it to LFR.

Worst: RNG, Broken Shore and Argus
    Best: Karazhan, Suramar + Nighthold, WQ, Mythic+, Artifact Weapons
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Randomness of ilvl. My mage wanted a trinket of some UBRS rare boss in vanilla so I did it again and again.

Situation now and back then feels so different - why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Best? Demon Hunters. Waited for them to become a class for ages. Also Ashbringer and Doomhammer finally being able to be wielded and in the future transmogged.

The Good/Bad? PvP. I like the honour system but hate the limited time we have to get the rewards.

The Worst? Just about everything else.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-10-11 at 11:27 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most things are legion are pretty good. As a Mythic raider I think one of the best/healthiest things they added to the game was titanforging. It's not particularly useful for me but players like me make up around 3% of the WoW population. Literally the only reason to not like TF below that is because a YouTube hero told you to. That's about it. It adds longevity to the content, and it's a fun mechanic if you don't obsess over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Just going to list 1:

Best - Mythic +. Scalable challenging content you can actually do with your buddies and don't need to field 19 others to do? Absolutely great. The rotating affix combinations keep it fresh. I love it, it's the one thing that needs to be kept without any shred of doubt.

Worst - TF/WF. The forging system isn't bad per se, the ilvl range on it and which items actually forge is what makes it a horrible system in Legion. The right way to do this is how previous expansions handled it: have items WF 5 ilvl and TF 10 ilvl above their base, and only have the TF/WF system in for actual raid drops. Remove it from previous tiers once a new one releases. Don't apply it to LFR.
    Nah the only intelligent way to cap it without gutting the feature is to just make it cap 5~ levels below current tier Mythic, and then don't apply it to Mythic, or limit it to +5/10 for Mythic gear. We're the ones who abuse the shit out of the system, we're the ones that obsess over it, so we're the ones it should be nerfed/broken for not the other 97% of the population.

That's right. I honestly miss old PVP gear and honor
    No disagreements there. I loved the old PvP system, not this wannabe system that they introduced so they could have PvP ranks. But they might bring it back. We just have to wait...
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Best: Music (Namely, the 7.3/7.3.2 Music), Art, Patches, Questlines (Except for 7.2), The Power Scaling for the Player Characters, Argus, The Cinematics, and the Mythic + System.

Good: The Raids (Never loved ToS, or EN. However, i'm LOVING Antorus. Best WoW Raid), and the Dungeons.

Bad: PvP, Suramar Rep, And the Catch-up Mechanics. They're really shit.

Worst: Legendaries, The Legendary Catch-up System, PvP Progression, Titanforging, Kil'jaeden's use in Legion, Sylvanas, Genn, Azsuna, ALL of 7.2, Wrathion not saying "I told you so", Baine, Vol'jin's use in Legion, The Horde's use in Legion, and...well...Anduin's use as of late.

Legion's still the Best WoW Expansion.

TBC Had Shit Lore, and Black Temple felt useless to do, other than for the sick fights. The Dailies were shit, Outland was shit, Zul'aman was shittier, and the only worth-while raid was Sunwell.

The only 3 good things in Wrath were: The Lich King, Ulduar, And the Wrath Gate cinematic. Everything else sucked.

MoP was also shit. Nothing was good, other than the ToT raid. That's it.

Cata And WoD are equally bad. They both had boring raids, they had boring plots, unanswered plot-lines, and shitty hubs (Hell, Cata didn't even have a hub). Oh, and their Characters are the most Disney thing ever in this fucking MMO. Oh, and must I mention the PVP----Wait.....what's PVP again? (No, really, they both had such a lack of it, I lost all memory of its existence).

And don't even get me started on Vanilla, and how much that mistake pissed me off....

Am I saying that Legion's good? Fuck no. Infact, it's Shit. But, it's the Good kind of Shit. Everything else ranges from Bad Shit, to Bland Shit for me.

- - - Updated - - -

(It's my Opinion. Just adding that in).

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Class hotfixes haven't been so fast. Been a mess really.
    Worst other than that: rng.

Best? Idk, the raids and m+ i guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good: M+, weapon talent trees, animations, scenery, questing.
    Bad: RNG, PvP, WF/TF, mission tables, pruning.

Best

Worst

And then there is
    "Both good and bad"

Largely agree with the list. Generally I think content (mythic, raid, world, etc) has been fantastic - there's always been a lot to do and the visuals have improved hugely. On a downside I found the character options felt a lot worse than before. A lot of specs felt less fun, the legendary system was, as mentioned a horrible replacement for glyphs (which also gutted inscription), professions were garbage and annoying to level and the AP Wasn't particularly exciting.

So great world to run around in, just less than exciting avatars to do it with.

Oh and RNG and secondary stats were... awful. I still to this day don't understand why they just didn't bring back reforging but without it I'm presently wearing ilvl gear 10 lower than I have in my bags because one secondary stat is garbage for my main. -.-

Best: Transmog
    Worst: RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like anyone who doesn't like TF/WF is entitled to do so, but if you think this expansion would have made anywhere near as much money without them (in terms of retaining subs), or that M+ would be as beloved without them, you're foolin' yourself. I would consider it a strong positive as a result, as frustrating as it can be. It more or less guarantees more money and effort will be spent on the next expansion, too.

The only thing I'm downright unimpressed with in Legion is PvP - I don't mind templates, I think that's basically an improvement on "ME HAVE GUD GEAR AND AM FACROLL U!" or "Gear for resilience or get one-shot" as other expansions have been, but PvP just needs a massive re-work, and the whole concept of PvP talents is dubious as fuck, and Prestige-ing is stupidly un-rewarding and dull. Also the randomness of awarding MoH is not a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good

Content - Between Mythic Plus, World Quests, Pet Dungeons, and raids, there is a nice chunk of things to do at level cap.
    Transmog Wardrobe - This was a MASSIVELY needed QOL boost. I have so much space in my storage again since I don't have to save Gear sets to Transmog them anymore.

BAD
    RNG in EVERYTHING. Some is expected, it's an MMO.
    But RNG should not be such a deciding factor on not using that new raid drop you got because that dinky quest drop RNGed to over 9000 ilevel and is better then a heroic and mythic gear piece.
    RNG exalted faction rewards? No thanks. Just let me buy it from the Faction vendor.
    RNG Legendaries. Still can't get the 'Best Ones' on some toons since there is no way to try and target ones you want or need.
    RNG PVP Gearing - Good luck getting that set you need since there is no way to try and target ones you want or need. Unlike in the past where you could buy the pieces.