Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Playable murlocs would renew my faith in Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they put murlocs and not ogres i am done and never play this game again

not because i hate murlocs, but FDUCK blizzard 10 years with no ogres
    I agree... Ducks should be in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't meaning 'new' as in, a new race. They are meaning new, as in new on the store with the outfit. Murlocs aren't new at all.

No need to reach so far away.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    i'd be so happy if this is a thing. MURLOC KNIGHT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Murloc tinkerer? Id def rock that
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Now that the game is finally shaping up to some nice storytelling and lore after getting rid of all the Human vs Orcs charade from WC1/2, I'd rather not see any new addition spoiled with excessive light-hearted stuff like Murlocs or silly pirates.

Please be careful of what you wish for people.

Not keen on it myself, we don't need another comedic race in the game. They're better left unplayable.

i would probably finally be able to kill myself if this happened.

so sure blizz, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    Murloc tinkerer? Id def rock that
    No... Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    No... Just no.
    Murloc necromancer with special racial spells making it so it raises skeleton murlocs instead of skeleton humans?

Why have murlocs when we could have jinyu?
    Or another evolutionary divergence, I guess.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Why have murlocs when we could have jinyu?
    Or another evolutionary divergence, I guess.
    Becuse jinyu look pretty boring both appearance and civilization wise, we have no "zerg" society type playable race, they are subjectively cute as fuck / creepily horrendous depending on whom you ask, and they are sort of the wow mascot and therefore it is just fitting that one day they have some sort of playable presence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Ogres were planned for cata, replaced with goblins. Going by the "cataclysmic" failure of the goblins, blizzard definitely will make ogres the next horde race.

Note: i don't hate goblins, it's just the community does, thus making them a failure.
    dont know if its sarcasm or not

anyway but why a failure? because they are not much playable? they could never surpass BE tough, they pretty much are ok

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Now that the game is finally shaping up to some nice storytelling and lore after getting rid of all the Human vs Orcs charade from WC1/2, I'd rather not see any new addition spoiled with excessive light-hearted stuff like Murlocs or silly pirates.

Please be careful of what you wish for people.
    Even after the most apocalyptic expansion we've ever had? Honestly, I don't really even want a full-on war with Old Gods expansion. I'd like to have it stew in the background and through legendary quests for an expansion before we go straight into another apocalypse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Now that the game is finally shaping up to some nice storytelling and lore after getting rid of all the Human vs Orcs charade from WC1/2,
    nice storytelling? LUL

when they get ride of the orcs vs human thing the lore gone deep in the dumpster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Murlocs make no sense for the reason they can't talk... they evolved into the Jinyu, THOSE would make more sense as a race, but since you haven't seen them since Pandarian, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Sir Mrrrrglton would have a word with you.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Pandaren and goblins are pretty much a failure in the communities and probably blizzard's eyes as well, murlocs would probably be even less played. I just want me some ogres, but BE are shit and should have never been on horde tbh.
    Goblins were already pretty commonplace, they just got nice new models. I think their biggest issue was their lack of racial development. Pandaren went above and beyond with probably the most thoroughly developed in-game culture to date in WoW.

I don't think either are "pretty much a failure in the communities eyes." I think you're right that when they were first announced, the unfortunate association with Kungfu Panda was definitely a strong sentiment, but they developed them substantially. I have a few friends that absolutely love them. I wouldn't main one, but I have a couple as alts.

I would like ogres, they are long overdue. But the issue seems to be that the most "human" races are the ones most played. Humans and blood elves made up an equal majority of characters across the servers and have for years, followed by Night Elves and Orcs--also both pretty close to human and traditional tropes.

I think ogres would be nice to have and wholly support them being added. I would love for them to get a lot of comprehensive in-game involvement, lore, and relevant characters. I'd probably make one. But I don't think they'd be up there with humans/blood elves, seeing as orcs don't even compete with them.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Murloc necromancer with special racial spells making it so it raises skeleton murlocs instead of skeleton humans?

That works. =)

Murlocs make no sense for the reason they can't talk... they evolved into the Jinyu, THOSE would make more sense as a race, but since you haven't seen them since Pandarian, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Murlocs speak their own language. I'm pretty sure that was established in the Wrath quest with that guy in the costume.

They can and do talk. You can't understand their language. Murlocs who were near the magic pools in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms were magically evolved. They didn't just simply evolve. And as we know with evolution environment plays a large roll so murlocs may not even evolve to be Jinyu. Having Jinyu would make no sense because there is only that small group.