Page 1 of 3
LastLast

2.6.1 Patch notes

Well, i suppose it's worth making a thread.

Link to patch notes: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/209...otes-9-13-2017

I'm not going to discuss about the state of the game, because i suppose that by now everyone knows what we're into. Anyway these broad huge buffs to everything that's not meta makes many builds worth more and open up more possibilities, at least to have t13 easily on farm (hoping we doin't get other torments because FFS) and get comfortably to 85+.

I am basically worn out of the game. Necro lasted very few hours for me (didn't even finish the story on NS, and season 11 lasted just enough to get the pet). Anyway i'm planning to return - NS only with the fast poke into season for wings and stuff that takes 3 hour tops - just because now i have more freedom in building my character, and can try to farm stuff without having issues at GR50.

Honesty, it's just for the Deathwish/Etched Sigil buffs and my Flamethrower build. I want to see where i can get now. I don't think i'll play much more.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    BIG fan of the Thornsader changes. It's been my favourite spec for a while, but the damage just isn't enough for higher level Grifts. The increase to the 2pc and 6pc effects should put it back into the middle of the pack for damage, while still keeping the excellent durability.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    BIG fan of the Thornsader changes. It's been my favourite spec for a while, but the damage just isn't enough for higher level Grifts. The increase to the 2pc and 6pc effects should put it back into the middle of the pack for damage, while still keeping the excellent durability.
    Rank 1 Crus on the PTR is Thornsader with GR 110.

Developer Chronicles: Patch 2.6.1 Balance Goals
    https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21061008
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2017-09-15 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Rank 1 Crus on the PTR is Thornsader with GR 110.
    Nice. Before the latest set of buffs, (the 70/2500 ones) Thorns was clearing 95. This latest buff (140/5200) seems to have done the trick!

fingers crossed it doesn't get nerfed...

p.s. Where can you see the PTR ranks? I want to check out the build the Rank 1 is using. See if it's any different to mine.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-09-15 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    p.s. Where can you see the PTR ranks? I want to check out the build the Rank 1 is using. See if it's any different to mine.
    If you have the PTR installed you can browse it in-game just like on live.
    If you don't have the PTR client there's a trick to do it quickly - start downloading, pause it, copy the files from live client, resume installation.

anyway here's the build
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2017-09-15 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah! Been saying for... Basically as long as Thornsader has been a thing, that Blood Brother was the only choice for Cube...

Yeah, it seems like he's basically using the exact setup I was testing on D3Planner. Except I have the rings swapped, due to Justice Lantern not rolling Thorns.

Balancing the sets/items is great, though they could have done that way way earlier. Think I'll play a barb next season, as they can finally do decent damage.

I hope the multishot buffs are enough to make it competitive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hope the multishot buffs are enough to make it competitive.
    There's a 109 clear on the PTR (high para and sick gear but it's all the same in every other build). Plus it absolutely murders T13 and "low" (70-80) GRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    There's a 109 clear on the PTR (high para and sick gear but it's all the same in every other build). Plus it absolutely murders T13 and "low" (70-80) GRs.
    All the DH build got buffed, Nat is the only set that that falls behind a noticeable margin. Overall the best set is marauder to push. But the other 2 can reach high GR with proper items and paragon. All 3 are also very good for group play due to sheer damage. Same for all wizard new specs. UE is def a go to build next season because its good at everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only class sets that weren't buffed are Tal'Rasha and Seeker of the Light (Hammerdin - but it's buffed through Faithful Memory).

Wizards now have viable non-Archon builds - Meteor with either TR or Firebird, DMO or TR Frozen Orb, Firebird Explosive Blast.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think my favorite variation of the Crusader is Condemn so when I play it for a couple days I'll probably give it another whirl.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I think my favorite variation of the Crusader is Condemn so when I play it for a couple days I'll probably give it another whirl.
    shotgun and condemn can both do high GR pretty effectively.

Seems that the buffs around had a very nice effect on my flamethrower build. Meteors on paper hitting for 4 trillions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Seems that the buffs around had a very nice effect on my flamethrower build. Meteors on paper hitting for 4 trillions.
    Holy shit that sounds fun, the buff to Nilfur's Boast just looked awesome. But if it is that crazy I can't wait to see some builds for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Holy shit that sounds fun, the buff to Nilfur's Boast just looked awesome. But if it is that crazy I can't wait to see some builds for it.
    Well, i should have some sort of template somewhere (Firebird based). Keep in mind that's just stacking synergies as i see fit - there may be better setups around. For example a TR setup is possible, but since i experimented with Etched Sigil builds quite a lot, you defnitely don't want multiple different spenders because ES will just cycle between them and you want to maximize the spam of your big hitter. ES prioritized CD spenders then spam the one without CD each second cyclying between them. Procced spells will be cast at mouse location.

Example: you have Black Hole, Meteor and Blizzard. While channeling you proc BH first, then cycle between Meteor and Blizzard until BH cd comes up again. The problem is that if you are buffing Meteor, half of procs are wasted because you're casting Blizzard instead.
    Worth noting that you can still manually cast all spells; in the case of BH, the CD of your cast is INDEPENDENT from the procced one, so you can literally use it double the times actually.

Best runes for meteor imho are either Molten Impact or Meteor Shower - side note: Arcane rune doesn't work because since you don't actually spend AP you don't get any bonus damage.

Here's what i came with: https://ptr.d3planner.com/598005988
    - i choose Halo of Karini for the sake of it; you can safely go with Arlyse+Ice Armor if you prefer (i've yet to test it, dunno which is more reliable but also is 60% melee reduction VS 80% complete reduction)
    - tied to above, if you go with Arlyse, APD bracers are a good toughness choice if you feel too squishy
    - overall toughness is really high without even trying. You don't really need Aquila or Unity since you're at 95% dr already, and adding Aquila on top brings you at 96.xx% which isn't really that much of an increase. However if you don't really feel safe you can swap Disintegrate with Arcane Torrent/Flame Ward for some more toughness. Actually, AT dps is higher than Disintegrate but a) it's only a fraction and b) aiming is a little harder since AT moves slowly.

Hope this helps. I'm honestly willing to try a DMO channelling setup (Slow Time is not a spender, must check if procced spells trigger the set bonus). TR setup can work REALLY well with Manald Heal (yes you can autocast Hydra while channeling) but keeping all stacks up may be tricky. Though it worked pretty well in season 10 for me (before Hydra variant).

To piggyback off this thread, what's the estimated start date of the next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    To piggyback off this thread, what's the estimated start date of the next season?
    Don't really know but given the usual duration of seasons i expect it to be around Blizzcon or just after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Season 11 will be ending on the following dates and times:

North America: Friday, October 20 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Friday, October 20 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
    Asia: Friday, October 20 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
    Season 12 will begin about three weeks afterward on the dates below:

North America: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
    Asia: Thursday, November 9 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
    I don't know what ill be playing next season, not sure I enjoyed DH as much as I'd thought.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't know what ill be playing next season, not sure I enjoyed DH as much as I'd thought.
    I enjoy the ease/speed of Multishot clearing so I'm looking forward to DH. However I am finally going back to my favorite class with Wizard because I'm not being forced into freaking Archon.