Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    So the fact that he didn't say or do the things in the article aren't problematic to either of you? Seriously?
    He claims*

He's not exactly a great source for accurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

If you are choosing to take the word of Trump, with his proven track record, over NBC, that's up to you. But you don't have a ton of company.
    Umm the article is based on tweets that Trump posted. No where do they say what the title of said article suggests. I don't give a shit about Trump as i ain't American. I just find how disingenuous people are on this forum to be fascinating. Fox does a Trump story and it will be instantly dismissed as biased but any negative story from some unverified source posted by CNN/NBC you take as gospel. You don't hold both side of the press to the same standard and that makes you pretty hypocritical.

The most troubling thing is that nothing seems to be changing. Quite a few people on these forums think all Trump voters are illiterate hillbilly nazis. So anything they have to say is simply ignored and there will never be any common ground. They think the other side is hippy America hating SJW assholes. The shit show is on both sides but each side thinks they are 100% right. Y'all are fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm the article is based on tweets that Trump posted.
    The article is based on Trump going after NBC, because of a story NBC posted which was unflattering. Context is king.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Fox News is a part of the License revocation for the same reasons albeit in reverse, then I am alright with this.

The News Media has been in need of a serious shake up for years and Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity are ultimately two sides of the same coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm the article is based on tweets that Trump posted.
    The article is based on Trump going after NBC, because of a story NBC posted which was unflattering. Context is king.

And you know this, because of the earlier statement made in which you said Trump didn't do or say the things involved. Kind of a strange thing to say, if it's about Trump's tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

And you know this, because of the earlier statement made in which you said Trump didn't do or say the things involved. Kind of a strange thing to say, if it's about Trump's tweets.
    The article is pretty much 'My mate John heard Trump say this' they then seem to have inferred that Trump wants to shut them down from what he tweeted. It makes no sense to me. I don't come to this forum often but i know you come from the 'Trump Bad!' side of things and i kinda agree with you on that but you are one of several posters that are fanatical in your hatred for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    The article is pretty much 'My mate John heard Trump say this'
    Well someone doesn't know how anonymous sources work.

The article is pretty much 'My mate John heard Trump say this' they then seem to have inferred that Trump wants to shut them down from what he tweeted. It makes no sense to me. I don't come to this forum often but i know you come from the 'Trump Bad!' side of things and i kinda agree with you on that but you are one of several posters that are fanatical in your hatred for Trump.
    Except that I don't believe Tillerson has ever specifically denied that he said that, even as he held a press conference to "reaffirm" his commitment to the Trump agenda. That's kinda big, because that's the kind of thing that should be an easy denial. Not to mention NBC is generally a very reliable news outlet, so there's trust behind their use of anonymous sources.

And it's not just NBC who "inferred" that, Trump received pretty widespread, bipartisan criticism for his threats against the First Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It does seem a certain demographic have a propensity to call people names.
    I am pretty sure Trump ran on that platform.

What did they say? Oh yeah, Telling it like it is. Being non PC and all.

Do you...need a safe space?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They also speak better than our president. Whom apparently can't spell little. I mean the other day he literally called Bob Corker 'liddle'. Everyone probably learned how to spell that word in 1st grade.
    What word is that supposed to be?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    What word is that supposed to be?
    Either "little" or "ladle", but I think it's a coin toss as to which of the two it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC doesn't have a license to challenge.

I would have imagined that as little as he understands anything else he would understand how TV works.

Good publicity for NBC though. "Piss off the President is good marketing" lately.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    NBC doesn't have a license to challenge.

I would have imagined that as little as he understands anything else he would understand how TV works.

Good publicity for NBC though. "Piss off the President is good marketing" lately.
    Some of their local affiliates do, so technically he's not entirely wrong.

The best kind of not being entirely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You’re the expert in lies, so tell us where they are.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrK...8lwJ2ynSbyV8ow

He's got a pretty good scoop of examples

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrK...8lwJ2ynSbyV8ow

He's got a pretty good scoop of examples
    Listened to the first 2 minutes of the most recent video and the dude is crying that CNN didn't specifically reference that the Pulse shooting was done be an Islamic extremist...despite the fact that the motives behind any of the shootings they referenced (Las Vegas, Pulse, Sandy Hook).

Yeah, if he's going to do that kind of shit I don't see any value in this channel beyond listening to some dude cry that media aren't constantly talking about the people he doesn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Listened to the first 2 minutes of the most recent video and the dude is crying that CNN didn't specifically reference that the Pulse shooting was done be an Islamic extremist...despite the fact that the motives behind any of the shootings they referenced (Las Vegas, Pulse, Sandy Hook).

Yeah, if he's going to do that kind of shit I don't see any value in this channel beyond listening to some dude cry that media aren't constantly talking about the people he doesn't like.
    Oh no he's got much better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_l1DKk1xng

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Oh no he's got much better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_l1DKk1xng
    That first example is dumb. It was dumb of CNN, but it seems that the clips show that both are being presented as though they're reporting from Phoenix and not different parts of the US...which is exactly what's happening.

CNN has always had dogshit live reporting during events and they're regularly mocked for it.

Second one is a mistake from the sound guys. Oh heavens no, news networks make mistakes from time to time!

Third is CNN using the Fallout 4 hacking stuff again, fucking meh.

I thought this was supposed to be about fake news, not CNN being a generally shit channel filled with incompetent producers. That's not new at all, that's a long-running joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thanks to the shitsmear that is the internet in the last couple of years, unfortunately I know the names of the bottom right pile.

Never heard of the bottom left ones though.
    Yeah, that's the biggest problem. Every time someone argues "THE FAR LEFT IS JUST AS BAD AS THE FAR RIGHT!!!!" I chuckle, because it's painfully obvious that the amount of people and the influence in government is FAR heavier on the far right, so they pose a MUCH larger problem to America.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    The News Media has been in need of a serious shake up for years and Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity are ultimately two sides of the same coin.
    Another ridiculous false equivalence.

But go on, continue your support for an open attack on the free press, you tireless crusader for liberty you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That first example is dumb. It was dumb of CNN, but it seems that the clips show that both are being presented as though they're reporting from Phoenix and not different parts of the US...which is exactly what's happening.

CNN has always had dogshit live reporting during events and they're regularly mocked for it.

Second one is a mistake from the sound guys. Oh heavens no, news networks make mistakes from time to time!

Third is CNN using the Fallout 4 hacking stuff again, fucking meh.

I thought this was supposed to be about fake news, not CNN being a generally shit channel filled with incompetent producers. That's not new at all, that's a long-running joke.
    How about whispering someone what to say in an open debate panel?

A lot of these things aren't just shit production, they're straight up lies. The two reporters are not mislabelled because the producers screwed up. Rather, they are mislabelled to mislead you. They're talking about how far apart they are, mentioning being in different states, while being literally 100ft apart.

But hey, we can keep going:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMMJlXZFn84