Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    One more tiny reason to not live in California.
    Also, California is closer to the edge of the earth, and you might end up falling off.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Most pregnancy risks don't come with the chance a incurable infection that will kill you and is absolutely fatal.
    The risk of miscarriage is far higher than spreading aids during incubation. With current medicine, if you know you have aids, you can lower the total chance... which includes passing aids during birth... to less than 1%, which happens to be a similar percentage to maternal death that has nothing to do with aids.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So maybe this might help some people come to grips with this.

When you agree to have sex with someone who tells you they are HIV negative, those people fall into 3 groups:

1) People who truly are negative
    2) People who are positive, but tell you they are negative to get into bed with you
    3) People who are positive, but tell you they are negative because THEY DON'T KNOW THEY ARE POSITIVE

So obviously, people who fall into group 1 are no danger to you. Statistically, if you look at the number of cases where someone intentionally lies about their status, it's pretty small. Look at the number of cases you've read about that in the news, compared to the actual number of HIV positive people in the US. It's miniscule.

Now the third group is the one that you REALLY need to worry about. The CDC reports that 1 in 8 Americans with HIV don't know that they have HIV. To compound the issue, since they don't know they have HIV, they aren't on medications, so their viral load is VERY HIGH, and they are VERY contagious.

The people in group 2 are much more likely to be on medication, have a low or undetectable viral load, and have a much lower chance of passing on the virus.

So, to recap, if you are using "Well, I only have sex with HIV negative people" as your sole means of staying negative, you are putting your health at risk. You CANNOT trust people when they tell you they are HIV Negative, because there is a good chance they simply do not know their status.

This is why I don't view this change in law as that big a deal, because YOU SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTING PEOPLE WHEN THEY TELL YOU THEIR STATUS in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    So progressive
    The height of arrogance and virtue signaling by defending what California is doing.

People often ask me why do I consider myself a liberal when you hear things like this? All I can do is shrug my shoulders and cringe at the thought people think this is "okay" or not a big deal due to "advancements in medicine" to give HIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    This is bullshit. Maybe with someone who is on HIV treatment but surely not for someone who is not.
    If someone is not on treatment it will be detectable.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I agree with this overall but I'll point out this part:

It was lowered from a felony to misdemeanor because the consequences aren't as serious. HIV is not a death sentence any longer.

Giving someone a terminal illness = felony
    Giving someone an illness that can be easily treated and result in a long symptom-free life = misdemeanor

It's still a crime (just a lesser one) and it's still not legal or ok. People seem to miss this part

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The height of arrogance and virtue signaling by defending what California is doing.

People often ask me why do I consider myself a liberal when you hear things like this? All I can do is shrug my shoulders and cringe at the thought people think this is "okay" or not a big deal due to "advancements in medicine" to give HIV.
    Honestly, if this law change causes people to use condoms more when having sex, because they fear their partner may be lying about their status, that's a GOOD THING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

Yes, we have people discouraging blood donation, due to pure ignorance... yet, your issue is around the sort of crime it is? Here is a clue, just because murder is a felony, doesn't stop people from committing murder.

To use an equally stupid argument as others seem to... if it's still a felony, what's to stop someone who is was going to do it to one person, from now do it to many, because either way, it's a felony? It's like all the mass shootings, it's a similar life sentace be it one or many. If you think that's a dumb assertion, you are right... because in context, it's as dumb as the one claiming this would encourage harm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Honestly, if this law change causes people to use condoms more when having sex, because they fear their partner may be lying about their status, that's a GOOD THING.
    Why would it? Why would this make you wear a condom, when the fact that your partner not knowing while infecting you, is far more likely?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why would it? Why would this make you wear a condom, when the fact that your partner not knowing while infecting you, is far more likely?
    Because people are stupid? You can see that by reading this thread. People want to stick their fingers in their ears and say "la la la, he said he's negative, and no one would lie about that, so lets fuck bare!" and if anything bad happens, it's 100% the OTHER person's fault.

They don't want to take personal responsibility for their actions, and they don't want to think about people not knowing they are positive, but maybe this revelation will finally get through their skulls that "YES, I need to wear a condom when having sex"
    Last edited by solinari6; 2017-10-11 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more tiny reason to not live in California.
    I'm pretty sure, all Californians are terribly sad about not having you with them.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'm pretty sure, all Californians are terribly sad about not having you with them.
    It is a disappointment from which we may never recover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care if they were sad.

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care if they were sad.
    Hammerfest loves his current state so much that he's embarrassed to say where he's from. Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Hammerfest loves his current state so much that he's embarrassed to say where he's from. Sad.
    That the best you've got?

That the best you've got?
    It's reduced you to response via gif, so it seems effective at shutting you down. Now run back to your safe space and get your daily cuck injection from Donnie.

So, in Scott Wiener's mind, the best way to get rid of the stigma of having HIV is giving everyone HIV.

What a fucking scumbag.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-10-12 at 04:06 AM.

If they are worried that some people will be wrongfully punished then they should improve the law, not make it easier on everyone including wrongdoers. Lazy lawmaking just like the three-strikes law.

Anyone find it funny that it's probably the same people saying that gun laws won't keep people safe that bad people will find ways to harm people anyways, that are prolly most upset about this law change?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Anyone find it funny that it's probably the same people saying that gun laws won't keep people safe that bad people will find ways to harm people anyways, that are prolly most upset about this law change?
    No, it's not funny anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That really just moves the question forward a peg. Do you think that the advocates have some nefarious plot?
    No, I think they're wrong.