7+ Year Old Account
    To me, it would've made more sense to report on it if it had bombed and recieved a low score. Mario Odyssey being a 10 is just par for the course on Nintendo's flagship series.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me the comparison makes sense. One entity reports something that another entity did/posted.

And they did report of an unusual happening, that is the EDGE magazine being delayed, it had more text about EDGE than it had of Mario.
    I'm fairly certain that saying Mario gets perfect review gets more clicks than "x magazine delayed due to y", and isn't getting the most views what news sites are all about?
    That's how i read it, "EDGE delayed, oh and btw, mario might have a white tuxedo on the front page and got a 10 from them".

I'm not familiar with either site so don't know how they usually go about doing things. At a speedy glance, Nintendoeverything is a free online site reporting all things nintendo(kind of what mmo-champion and affiliated sites are to blizzard), EDGE is a paper magazine sold for money, how are they competing fansites?

The reason why it's "newsworthy" is everyone else has a massive embargo on them and they can't review the game for some time. Nintendo has a special deal with Edge that let's them review early for their magazine instead of the review being late in the next one. Same thing happened with BoTW and on a slow news day, people are going to talk about it because it's like the only "professional" review out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/205851496007467009/367795318609281025/fVvCwde.png[/IMG]
    snitches get stiches from switches
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    snitches get stiches from switches
    It's the Switchblade

A summary with no spoilers of EDGE's Odyssey review:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post251760023

– There are 50-odd capture possibilites. ‘It pays close attention to the physics and handling of each of these new forms, making each one enjoyable to command’.

– The transformations ‘are not always essential, and in many cases Mario’s repertoire is enough to get by, though it’s often quicker or easier to make the switch. Sometimes you’ll bench Mario for the simple novelty of playing as something else’.

– ‘Even leaving Cappy out of the equation, our hero has been furnished with his most expansive moveset to date….it’s tempting to say Mario has never felt better in the palms.’

– Portable mode feels a little like a compromise compared to playing with Joy-Cons in separate hands, partly because it can be hard to make out distant targets on the smaller screen. The TV feels like Odyssey’s natural home.

– There are a clutch of stage-specific quests that offer more traditional, structured progression but generally you’re free to choose what you do next.

– ‘Not all activities are created equal but you’re never far from a brilliant new idea or a clever twist on an old one’

– Mario’s finest ever selection of boss fights.

The party continues in the postgame too’ but no explicit details. There’s some kind of spoilery stuff about references to earlier games I won’t post here.

– ‘There is a lot of BOTW in SMO, from the chance to scout out potential destinations from high above ground, to the way the soundtrack often lets you acclimatise to your surroundings in relative quiet before the stage’s theme announces itself. But it’s most obvious in the way its environments appeal to your natural curiosity, sights and sounds teasing you away from your present path – and in its sheer volume of diversions.

– ‘Link may have more Korok seeds to find than Mario has moons, but not by many.’

– ‘Odyssey feels like a true reinvention of the sandbox platformer’

– ‘by giving you a broader number of ways to collect moons, it’s a game that’s more considerate of every type of player’

– ‘Peach, for her part, is no damsel in distress and her role expands in the post-game, although not in the way you might expect’.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fantastic. Cant wait.

‘Link may have more Korok seeds to find than Mario has moons, but not by many.’
    god kill me now cause I need all the moons and if there is almost 900 of them.... just kill me now

‘Peach, for her part, is no damsel in distress and her role expands in the post-game, although not in the way you might expect’.
    yussss

I was hoping we would get to play her in some way like how paper mario is
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The one thing that could deflate my hype for SMO is reviewers constantly comparing it to BoTW.

I want Mario, if I wanted to play Mario: Ubisoft Edition that already exists.(and I'd rather play the actual Ubisoft game that releases on the same day in that case)

I'm hopeful this guy is just comparing for the sake of it to think it builds hype and it's not legit following that repetitive model. At the very least the worlds and bosses are far more varied then BoTW so there is always that which won't be tainted.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-12 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The one thing that could deflate my hype for SMO is reviewers constantly comparing it to BoTW.

I want Mario, if I wanted to play Mario: Ubisoft Edition that already exists.(and I'd rather play the actual Ubisoft game that releases on the same day in that case)

I'm hopeful this guy is just comparing for the sake of it to think it builds hype and it's not legit following that repetitive model. At the very least the worlds and bosses are far more varied then BoTW so there is always that which won't be tainted.
    my master mode save file - 120 shrines, 20 weapon slots unlocked about 240? koroks, ganon defeated, trial of the sword completed.

i don't need all 900 i don't need to explore every area, but you know what? it's an OPTION, play the game how you want i'm sure it's very straight forward to get to bowser, but if you want to explore every inch of a world, collect every moon, every mario outfit, do the post game content then nintendo has got you covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    my master mode save file - 120 shrines, 20 weapon slots unlocked about 240? koroks, ganon defeated, trial of the sword completed.

i don't need all 900 i don't need to explore every area, but you know what? it's an OPTION, play the game how you want i'm sure it's very straight forward to get to bowser, but if you want to explore every inch of a world, collect every moon, every mario outfit, do the post game content then nintendo has got you covered.
    This post literally has nothing to do with my complaints about BoTW at all.

The problems with BoTW are that literally everything is copy and pasted. 4 of the 5 main dungeons are copy pasted textures into a different model. All 5 of the main boss fights are literally the same model with minor differences, in fact the only unique boss model comes in the "you can't lose" portion of Ganon at the very end of the game. Literally every shrine is the exact same models and textures used over and over and over again.

It's really great that you found fun in it, I completed 120 shrines and main story in 64 hours and was done with the game and will never play it again. Even question why I stuck with it for that long. Definitely will never touch the DLC for this game and it's my least favorite 3D Zelda(and I thought it was impossible to accomplish that as TP isn't that great either IMO)

I can count the memorable gameplay moments of BoTW on one hand even if I had a couple of fingers chopped off. The labyrinths, exploring hyrule castle and eventide island. I can't stress enough how I certainly don't think it's a bad game, but it doesn't do it for me and no where near the masterpiece it was hyped up to be.

I'm fine with collectathons. I'm not fine with literally the entire game being copy pasted content. Hence my "at the very least..." part of the original post which is why I know SMO can't possibly be AS BAD as BoTW in this regard but I would prefer to have as little of that crap as possible.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-12 at 11:43 PM.

It's really great that you found fun in it, I completed 120 shrines and main story in 64 hours and was done with the game and will never play it again.
    lol uses a guide gets bored of game, in before but i didn't use a guide, save your breath it'll be wasted words.

The reason reviews and previews have been comparing Odyssey to BotW is their design philosphies have been pretty much the same. Add an open-world touch to an established franchise. Both games have done that.

There are two things which will make Odyssey much more different than BotW.

The first is the Kingdoms aren't connected. BotW had differences between many of it's areas, but it still had to have cohesion because it's still all Hyrule. Whereas with Odyssey, all of the Kingdoms are far enough away from each other, they have radically different designs.

The second is the enemies. Both have sets of the same enemies due to the fact it's the same person attacking. But what makes Odyssey different than BotW is the art style and distance between locations allows Bowser's minions to be the same yet different, like the Chef Bros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    yussss

I was hoping we would get to play her in some way like how paper mario is
    Possess Peach with the cap. Then Mario has some playtime

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Possess Peach with the cap. Then Mario has some playtime
    Well peach has a cap of her own so we'll most likely see her possess stuff
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

lol uses a guide gets bored of game, in before but i didn't use a guide, save your breath it'll be wasted words.
    Did 90+ shrines without a guide, you bet your ass I used a guide for the rest as I didn't want to spend more time in the game then needed at that point.

But like I said, if you think copy pasted content all over the place is some genre defining moment for Zelda more power to you. SMO will be a much better game due to a far less amount of that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-13 at 03:29 AM.

Did 90+ shrines without a guide, you bet your ass I used a guide for the rest as I didn't want to spend more time in the game then needed at that point.

But like I said, if you think copy pasted content all over the place is some genre defining moment for Zelda more power to you. SMO will be a much better game due to a far less amount of that.
    no you're trying to put words into my mouth in your last sentence sorry that doesn't work, just laughing at you saying oh im done in 64 hours, then oh i used a guide because i didn't want to play it anymore?

amazing logic bro i'd just stop at 90 and not play? or watch something on youtube? but to cheat and go good im done that was crap is just funny.

no you're trying to put words into my mouth in your last sentence sorry that doesn't work, just laughing at you saying oh im done in 64 hours, then oh i used a guide because i didn't want to play it anymore?

amazing logic bro i'd just stop at 90 and not play? or watch something on youtube? but to cheat and go good im done that was crap is just funny.
    "cheating" is looking up locations on shrines to not wonder around like an idiot in a copy pasted world and wasting time looking for them? Kay.

I literally saw everything the world had to offer at 20 hours played, and that took no guide at all. Nor did the 50+ hours to complete all main quests and 90+ shrines. There is no difficulty in mindless wondering until you come across one of the few remaining shrines kiddo. Sorry if you think you're 1337 or something for doing so.

Let's not even bring up the hypocritical nature of a WoW player who uses DBM and looks up strategies on fights before doing them calling using a guide "cheating" ROFL.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This post literally has nothing to do with my complaints about BoTW at all.

The problems with BoTW are that literally everything is copy and pasted. 4 of the 5 main dungeons are copy pasted textures into a different model. All 5 of the main boss fights are literally the same model with minor differences, in fact the only unique boss model comes in the "you can't lose" portion of Ganon at the very end of the game. Literally every shrine is the exact same models and textures used over and over and over again.
    The 4 guardians were all constructed at the same time, for the same purpose, why would they go out of their way to use different materials for each?
    The bosses are all parts of Ganon, so of course they'll be similar due to their origins.

Shrines were also built for a common goal, by the one religious people. One would expect the theme to be the same for them.