Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Murlocs are not even a newly emerged race. Jinyu evolved from them more than 10,000 years ago. Between that they aren't actually "newly emerged" and the Sargeras shirt I think it's an actual possibility. Of course it could also be that the people who made the description got their lore wrong.

On the other hand... Muffinus deep dive tweet had a murloc pic.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/915308478146560000
    I'm pretty sure that, if they planned playable murlocs, Muffinus would not have chosen a murloc for that message.

I've never really seen murlocs mentioned as a relatively new race, so I don't quite know what that means?

Saying "newly emerged Azerothian Race" doesn't necessarily denote that it would be a player race, but at the same time I'm not sure why they would even put that as part of a T-shirt's description of a murloc when the prior sentence describes them just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Say goodbye to male neckbeards playing belfs and draenei and HELLO TO THAT SEXY BEAST.
    I reckon that's pretty true. My dad would.

I might not agree with you on many things but i think we can agree wod is dogshit and it opened up possibilities for bullshit leaks to become reality.
    Ehhhh, kinda.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Things good from WoD: Arakkoa lore, new player models, some tech, leveling up, the zones.

That does not compensate the horrid premise, the bland end game, the mistake that was centering gameplay on Garrisons.
    The premise was so bad, I know we've all said it. Strange that there are a few people who did like it, weirdos the whole lot of them. The only good things from WoD were the Model Updates, the game needed it so bad. And the lore for the orc clans, they did a great job giving each clan a different identity. I've never cared too much about Arrakoa, however WoD got me interested I suppose

As for the Murloc play ability in the future, it's a clear troll. I don't like being the kind of person that says "never gunna happen" but murlocs never gunna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Imagine trying to explain to an old War3 fan that we are fighting Guldan in this expansion and the one before.

They would say - "But Gul'Dan is dead?".

To which you would have to explain the ridiculous convoluted bullshit that has happened since.
    I hope and pray everyday blizzard retcons wod to gul'dan being resurrected or some shit. AU is just flat out stupid, especially in game.

I hope and pray everyday blizzard retcons wod to gul'dan being ressurected or some shit. AU is just flat out stupid, especially in game.
    It being handled dumb doesn't make it dumb.

Having an entire AU to explore and fuck with is a great way to double content in the game (Similar to the Emerald Dream) while also changing story beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Having an entire AU to explore and fuck with is a great way to double content in the game (Similar to the Emerald Dream) while also changing story beats.
    Maybe, but WoD's version of an AU was pretty shit. Getting to see outland before it got shrekt was cool, but they shat all over that with the iron horde stuff.

Huh??? WHAT DO YOU MEAN???

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Huh??? WHAT DO YOU MEAN???
    The concept of an AU isn't dumb. The story behind this particular AU's Draenor is dumb.

I'm aware that Muffinus trolls people all the time but I was under the impression he's made some posts that have ended up having some truth to them and were kinda like teasers, if his history is mostly just pure trolling the fanbase that's cool. I do think it's interesting regardless that Blizz aren't opposed to playable murlocs (at least never used to be) and we are seeing these hints, they could just be a central race in the next xpacs story instead of playable but it's interesting to consider.

The concept of an AU isn't dumb. The story behind this particular AU's Draenor is dumb.
    Ahhh. Thank you. That clears things up for me. (Not being sarcastic).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What exactly has been leading up for expansions? An all female lead?
    Sylvanas became warchief and has become more and more prominent since wrath, jaina left during legion and we still need to figure out what she's up to since she's also played some more prominent parts since wrath, etc.

Azshara is one of the few enemies that we haven't killed already so easy to build that up, especially with the increased naga presence this year.

I'm not sold on the idea that blizz wrote it that way, years in advance, just to cater to SJWs. Especially since Sylvanas as a character (as well as Azshara for that matter) are probably the exact opposites of a SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    And the lore for the orc clans, they did a great job giving each clan a different identity.
    Good point, orc, ogre, draenei and arakkoa lore in WoD was very good. It fleshed the past very well. We didn't need time-reality-travel for that, thought.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I'm aware that Muffinus trolls people all the time but I was under the impression he's made some posts that have ended up having some truth to them and were kinda like teasers, if his history is mostly just pure trolling the fanbase that's cool. I do think it's interesting regardless that Blizz aren't opposed to playable murlocs (at least never used to be) and we are seeing these hints, they could just be a central race in the next xpacs story instead of playable but it's interesting to consider.
    I think they have realized there is value in having a comedic race. MoP had Vermin and Hozen. WoD had the Plant Sprites and Ogres. Legion had Fel Murlocs and actual Murloc Romeo and Juliet shit.

Its safe to assume they realized that rather than developing new races to achieve the same effect they can just reuse Murlocs.

(Not that I have a problem with this, Murlocs are cute as hell and funny as fuck)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The only way I see AU working is in WoW2.

It just has no place in Warcraft.

Do we really want to go down the road of the Marvel Comic Universe? Where there exists like 15 different versions of Spiderman? Some of them female.

On Topic:

I really don't see how Azshara CAN'T be one of the main villians of the next expansion. She showed up in Legion then promptly disappeared again.
    Pls god NO!
    If there is something about comics from Marvel that i hate, is this fucking BULLSHIT multiverse thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Pls god NO!
    If there is something about comics from Marvel that i hate, is this fucking BULLSHIT multiverse thing.
    It's not really that bad as you make it, it allows writers to be more creative and do different things without breaking current canon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The problem lies in meshing realities together. Alternate universe stories in general involve seeing "what could have been", and the reality-traveling character is the only one affected. He then returns to Main Universe, and nothing has changed but him. It's nice for a Caverns of Time dungeon, not to a whole expansion.

The more the continuities interact with each other, the worse the MU continuity gets. In the case of WoD, we had entire armies from AU invading MU. MU characters dying in AU. AU characters crossing over and causing major damage in MU. It became a mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not really that bad as you make it, it allows writers to be more creative and do different things without breaking current canon.
    Yeah, i do agree with it when the characters dont fucking cross between universes like happen in Marvel sometimes and that create influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    See the above. AUs are interesting now and then, but the more they interact with the MU, the worse it gets.

Same with reality-warping powers. Try to explain to a bystander that there are two Captain Americas, the real one "has always been a nazi" because reality was warped, and the "true" Captain America is a memory given life by a sentient cosmic cube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    See the above. AUs are interesting now and then, but the more they interact with the MU, the worse it gets.

Same with reality-warping powers. Try to explain to a bystander that there are two Captain Americas, the real one "has always been a nazi" because reality was warped, and the "true" Captain America is a memory given life by a sentient cosmic cube.
    Well yeah they would be confused but that is well par for the course in Marvel so this argument is dumb.

Yeah, i do agree with it when the characters dont fucking cross between universes like happen in Marvel sometimes and that create influences.
    Even then it's not bad necessarily. It can create some interesting encounters but we're going off topic about the implications of alternate universes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi