Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bwonsamdi is the Loa of death, Sylvanas would bring him way more death than Vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    has it occurred to anyone that plot developments like this have literally no bearing on anything important
    has it occurred to you that some people are interested in the story and want to know why things happen?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Bwomsomdi comes to mind, as he was the Loa that came to Vol'jin the most. And he was the Loa of Death.

The idea of a shadow hunter being fooled to think that he's talking to a loa when he actually isnt, is to say the least, beyond stupid.
    Loa aren't any more friendly towards shadow hunters, it's just shadow hunters are capable of communicating with them on a deeper level than a troll priest can.

Replace "Loa" with "Light". In this regard, a shadow hunter is basically a Paladin of the Loa compared to a Priest of the Loa.

The Loa that whispered to Vol'jin, quite possibly an evil spirit, a Loa of madness, death, deceit, perhaps even a Loa corrupted by the Old Gods. Or perhaps just a nice smart Loa who realized Sylvanas is the best choice. Maybe she's not at all bad for the Horde, who knows.

Point is, it really isn't ridiculous Vol'jin was tricked, Loa have been tricking and abusing trolls since the dawn of their worship.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he didn't get the full transmission from the Loa.

"Sylvanas..."
    "Not Sylvanas...."
    "Above all else, do not pick Sylvanas, she's crazy. Also, why the heck are you dying from poisoning? What are you, a gnome? Heal from that poison like a real Darkspear! Oh, you got impaled too? You are in the Horde capital and there is not even a single healer? Goddamnit, then just pick Baine and die already, because all your other options are mentally unstable."

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    probably after they explain how there is different titans for different universes (one in wod AU crap, one in our main universe), while his underlings - the demons like Archimonde or Kazzak - are the same in AU and our own MU, and since there are 2 Velen, try to explain how exaxctly AU Archimonde exists while the demon Archimonde we faced was from our MU, and he exists in all universes not just our MU and the AU crap of WoD
    they literally avoided answer that question on purpose since they f8cked up with officially stating Archimonde in the ending of Hellfire Citadel is the same one we faced on Mount Hyjal

more stupid that the entire AU crap of World of Sh8t expansion ?
    Why do people still struggle this much with WoD's lore? Yeah he's the same Archimonde. We aren't traveling back in time to Draenor, the Legion couldn't have traveled back to the Draenor WoD takes place on. They were able to because Kairoz basically created a pocket dimension of a very localized point in history and collided it into Azeroth via portal magic. If the Dark Portal were to be closed, its likely Draenor 2 would cease to exist so to speak (spoiler alert BTW, closing the dark portal is apparently hella hard to do).

Kairoz took a photograph of a destroyed planet back when it was intact, then opened a portal to that photograph. He can do this, the Legion can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they looked at the other leaders and were like "thats all we got to choose from?!"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Why do people still struggle this much with WoD's lore? Yeah he's the same Archimonde. We aren't traveling back in time to Draenor, the Legion couldn't have traveled back to the Draenor WoD takes place on. They were able to because Kairoz basically created a pocket dimension of a very localized point in history and collided it into Azeroth via portal magic. If the Dark Portal were to be closed, its likely Draenor 2 would cease to exist so to speak (spoiler alert BTW, closing the dark portal is apparently hella hard to do).

Kairoz took a photograph of a destroyed planet back when it was intact, then opened a portal to that photograph. He can do this, the Legion can't.
    because 1) kozak officially said that titans for each universe are different, sargeras who is as powerful as the rest of entire legion combined, the guy who can literally crush archimonde under his thumb - is different in AU than in MU, but his underlings like Archimonde or Kazzak are described in-game that they are literally the same ones we faced and beat before in TBC world boss/raid
    Let's not forget, there is a different Velen we meet who dies, and that AU Velen was living with Archimonde, that Archimonde who become later the defiler, who accepted Sargeras gift, what happened to him? Did he 'merge' with our MU Archimonde? but in the AU crap is 30 years or something earlier, behind us in time, so by time our MU archimonde has become a full demon that cross universes (as again stated officially by kozak) AU archimonde is still an eredar (their original race name) who was still a good leader ruling with his best buddies KJ and Velen in Argus, so wtf exactly
    It seems u ignored the official answers of Kozak during WoD crap era, where he cleared out that Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel, and Kazzak the world boss in Tenan Jungle, are both the same that we faced in our MU, and also he stated clearly that Titans are different across universes, so their AU has different titans that worked on them, and different Sargeras to lead them (He is titan), but same f8cking exact demons from our MU
    And btw this isn't a photograph, AU Dreanor is so different than our MU, the most easy to spot is Grom, our MU grom is described as agile lean hero who excel in hit and run tactics (from Lord of Clans), u can see him in wc3 cinematic, AU crap Grom hit the gym way too much and turned to bulldozer whose size can't make him avoid a truck, and almost every warlord is different in character one way or another
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

i believe he said the spirits whispered to him. not the loa
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    The big question is, did the Loa whispered 'Sylvanas' specifically or 'Windrunner' (which Vol'jin interpreted as Sylvanas at that time)?
    "lmao make the literal retard Vereesa Warchief, just do it."
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the main theories we were floating around in the past had an old god whispering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    That doesn't sound like lore that would be interesting to the Alliance, the "World Faction" of Legion, so no.
    Id say it has a pretty big impact if the enemy leader is a warmonger (garrosh) or crazy(sylvanas), rather than an diplomat (thrall etc)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Maybe he didn't get the full transmission from the Loa.

"Sylvanas..."
    "Not Sylvanas...."
    "Above all else, do not pick Sylvanas, she's crazy. Also, why the heck are you dying from poisoning? What are you, a gnome? Heal from that poison like a real Darkspear! Oh, you got impaled too? You are in the Horde capital and there is not even a single healer? Goddamnit, then just pick Baine and die already, because all your other options are mentally unstable."
    That made me laugh, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I've found the perfect solution to explain the whole AU vs MU demon thing. To trully become a demon you have to become Jet Li from the movie "The One" and kill every single other versions of yourself in other dimensions and absorb them into yourself. So no more of the crap about what happened to the AU Archimonde, simple ours killed his ass.

Deleted
    strong female character is meta right now.

and sylvanas not beeing the perfect fit for warchief just makes room for a totaly unexpected redemption story for her. and for jaina.(new kadgar)

As Voljin said, he doesn't trust her, but the spirits said her name to be the one to keep the Horde together and strong. Honestly, there was really no other choice with the current leaders, as all that there was to choose from was Syl, Baine, and Lor. Missed a great opportunity to bring in a fresh face or two, or even 50 dependent on the person's group; but, out of the present leadership, she was the one best suited to the task. It was pretty much explained at the time Voljin told her.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    "lmao make the literal retard Vereesa Warchief, just do it."
    I was thinking that they were referring to Alleria. They somehow knew that she would coming back.
    It seems unlikely but stranger things have happen in the WoW storylines. All this could be a setup for Alleria to take over leadership of the horde in the next expansion and someone whom Sylvanas would probably step down for without a fight. We knew Alleria hated the horde but that was because she think they were a threat to Quel'Thalas back then in the second war but that was 1000+ years ago from her point of view (from that audio story) so maybe she had became more pragmatic and open since (after all she had dabbling in void/shadow magic which was a big taboo for the naruu). And by taking over the horde, she can ensure the safety of the current/future Quel'Thalas by making use of their forces to protect it.
    Last edited by darkfire979; 2017-10-13 at 04:21 AM.

Vol'jin having a Charlie Sheen moment where he hears "take care of her..." believing it to be to care for her and help her, when in reality it meant to "take care of her... finish her off."

They can't explain something they themselves don't know. It was just a "we gotta explain this dumb shit that makes no sense somehow."

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I don't think it was a Loa. I think that it was an evil spirit (an old god perhaps?) disguising itself as a Loa in order to make Vol'jin chose Sylvanus.

I believe it will be revealed (eventually) and be a major plot twist.
    That's my thought as well.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8