Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    The 4 guardians were all constructed at the same time, for the same purpose, why would they go out of their way to use different materials for each?
    The bosses are all parts of Ganon, so of course they'll be similar due to their origins.

Shrines were also built for a common goal, by the one religious people. One would expect the theme to be the same for them.
    Oh boy, we really have someone coming with a plot excuse for a game that copy pasted assets all over the place.

Is this Reggie's MMO-Champ account?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying, long are the days when a simple color change was enough to tell you "this is world2" and everyone was happy, now we got whiners who are all "OMGOMG SAME TEXTURES WHY YOU SO LAZY AND BAD AND SHIT"

Playing BotW I had 0 problems with the theme being same across the shrines etc. Now if all the shrines had the same layout, like skyrim and their "oh a fifth random cave i saw, go in, oh, it s the same layout once again" or such, then I'd have a problem.

And I'm not coming up with a plot excuse, simply giving a point of view that could explain it. It is a forum after all, for discussing viewpoints.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-13 at 05:42 AM.

BoTW copy pastes more content then even Bethesda games do. That's not even a good comparison.

BoTW on a scale from Farcry to Elder Scrolls is definitely in that Farcry levels of copy paste.

It's hilarious that people honestly are trying to defend the corners cut here. That doesn't mean BoTW is a bad game, nor have I ever said it was. But muh baby! BoTW is the only one for me I must defend it everything is 10/10 masterpiece! ROFL.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Is this Reggie's MMO-Champ account?
    I don't know who Reggie is, I'm me. A bored person from Finland, butting in because you know, boredom.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not defending cutting corners, nor do we seem to care about the same corners. I know, individual opinions and such are a drag when trying to discuss something.
    I'm giving a possible explanation for why things are the way they are because they could be like that. not because "don't hurt my botws feels".

- - - Updated - - -

But muh baby! BoTW is the only one for me I must defend it everything is 10/10 masterpiece! ROFL.
    I don't think BoTW is a 10/10 game, something like 8/10 is what I would give it. It has its good and bad moments and things.

I don't know who Reggie is, I'm me. A bored person from Finland, butting in because you know, boredom.
    Reginald Fils-Amie is the current president of Nintendo of America and the source of the "My Body is Ready" memes.

- - - Updated - - -

New rare BLADE. Video in link.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/stat...34236034543616

I'm not defending cutting corners, nor do we seem to care about the same corners. I know, individual opinions and such are a drag when trying to discuss something.
    I'm giving a possible explanation for why things are the way they are because they could be like that. not because "don't hurt my botws feels".
    Explanation?

Explain this. The majority of buildings in Los Angeles are all built with the "same materials" why do they all look different?

You didn't "explain" anything, you hopped on a pretty weak excuse train that was only going 5 mph. Sorry mate.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Explanation?

Explain this. The majority of buildings in Los Angeles are all built with the "same materials" why do they all look different?

You didn't "explain" anything, you hopped on a pretty weak excuse train that was only going 5 mph. Sorry mate.
    Different architects. different views. Different times. They want to differentiate themselves from others.
    When there's a project of 10 housing buildings going up at the same time, by the same architect, in the same area, they usually are the same theme you know.
    Do that on a bigger scale and you got Hyrule and the shrines, where the builders wanted unity, due to them revering the goddess Hylia, who gave the monks their powers. She could have had them build the shrines in her vision, meaning one architect, one theme.

And you skipped over the word "POSSIBLE", I'm not saying it's the reason for having the one theme, I'm saying it COULD be because of said reasons if you went and asked and got the answer from the developers art and lore guys.

When debating something, you're supposed to give reasons for your point of view, not only bash the other side, you have given 0 reason for why they should be different in theme, other than the "cutting corners".

Oooh ooh, gotta edit in that at least my train is moving, yours seem to still be stuck at the yard waiting for repairs!! if we wanna go with these.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-13 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explanation?

All of the ships in the US Navy looks pretty similar.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    All of the ships in the US Navy looks pretty similar.
    How dare they use similar themed ships that are proven to be functional designs, sure hope they stop cutting corners and make variations in themes.

I still can't understand why people give money to this company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I still can't understand why people give money to this company.
    Because they have good consoles and great games?

Subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Subjective.
    Oh sorry I forgot, only negativity allowed in the internet.

Hasn't the formula for 'good' movie trailers also been discovered?

Oh sorry I forgot, only negativity allowed in the internet.
    Not really.

You saying something is good is subjective to opinion. Which you are entitled to.

But anyone who disagrees with your "Nintendo is the best" statements are just "haters" right?

Their console design recently really is debatable considering the stupid decisions made with the Switch. Great system but lot of backwards design decisions made with it.

As for games. Like any other company their franchises such as Mario and Zelda can easily carry them. The recent Zelda game however was ok at best. Nothing fancy but nowehere near the best Zelda game out there. As for Mario. It's rare there is a bad Mario game these days because it sticks to a basic formula that actually works.

Hell a near perfect game is the Stardew Valley port. It's a niche game that is perfect for a portable/hybrid system such as the Switch.

And this is my subjective opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-13 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Hasn't the formula for 'good' movie trailers also been discovered?
    What? õ_õ

. ..

"cheating" is looking up locations on shrines to not wonder around like an idiot in a copy pasted world and wasting time looking for them? Kay.

I literally saw everything the world had to offer at 20 hours played, and that took no guide at all. Nor did the 50+ hours to complete all main quests and 90+ shrines. There is no difficulty in mindless wondering until you come across one of the few remaining shrines kiddo. Sorry if you think you're 1337 or something for doing so.

Let's not even bring up the hypocritical nature of a WoW player who uses DBM and looks up strategies on fights before doing them calling using a guide "cheating" ROFL.
    that's some massive butthurt you sound so offended and hurt and about 12, i see why most people don't take you seriously. ignored so i don't have to read your cancerous posts of whining and bitching like a little baby.

I don't think BoTW is a 10/10 game, something like 8/10 is what I would give it.
    Really?
    There is 20 minutes gameplay without cheats after finishing the prologue. And that awful color coding everywhere. It's boring like hell and maybe 3/10 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Really?
    There is 20 minutes gameplay without cheats after finishing the prologue. And that awful color coding everywhere. It's boring like hell and maybe 3/10 max.
    Nowhere near the best Zelda game but not entirely flawed. I'd probably say a bit higher personally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-13 at 01:41 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Really?
    So you're able to do in an hour or less what the fastest 100% speedrun did in is it 33hours or so? If we go that route every game is 20mins long, since its usually, talk to person x (assuming it has dialogue of some kind), go to place y, rince and repeat with someone else in another area. since the combat mechanics don't change between areas and changes in layout or puzzles you need to do doesn't give more playability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nowhere near the best Zelda game but not entirely flawed. I'd probably say a bit higher personally.
    True, it's not the best zelda game, it's an okish open world game, could be more populated, with a more precise radar thingie and it would help.