Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Then those people weren't getting their money's worth.
    That's very subjective

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like these are painful..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This is obv troll bait. SWTOR leveling is ALOT longer and ALOT more boring compared to WoW.
    I dont think you have played SWOTOR. The leveling part of SWTOR is the good part. Some of the storylines are sublime. The boring part of SWTOR is after you are done leveling and finish the Storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    The difference is that in Vanilla/BC leveling WAS the game to many people.
    The leveling experience was well polished, and not just an afterthought like it is today. People talk about the grueling leveling experience back then, but it was honestly a great part of the game. Many experiences and memories were of what you ran in to in the world.

Over a decade of listening "make this easier and give me stuff now" mentality really killed that aspect of the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    The way it is now, levelling ought to be deleted. Let's see:

It doesn't teach you how to play your class/spec, except (maybe) healers.
    It doesn't tell a good story. It's so disjointed and over the place that it barely makes sense sometimes.
    It doesn't provide any meaningful gear, whether through drops or through crafting.

But Blizz and (many) players alike seem to be fine with the (provisory) solution costing $60, so why would Blizz ever spend a dime to fix it properly?

It is definately boring to level. I still have alts at 90 and cant bring myself to level them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    That's very subjective
    How astute.

It should be x2 or even x3 of what we have now. It is S L O W.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

It doesn't tell a good story. It's so disjointed and over the place that it barely makes sense sometimes.
    It doesn't provide any meaningful gear, whether through drops or through crafting.

But Blizz and (many) players alike seem to be fine with the (provisory) solution costing $60, so why would Blizz ever spend a dime to fix it properly?
    So much this. One learns nothing, and the quests are a complete mess with regards to following a story. They could streamline them, having them tell the main story, in an orderly fashion. But then again, why would Blizzard bother, when the mere fact that it is such a tedious process makes the 60$ fee for skipping it seem more and more tempting. There's no incentive for Blizzard to make it fun; there is incentive for Blizzard to keep it an exercise in tedium.

The levelling game is trashed, there aren't enough people playing at low levels for it to work and the XP rates and general balancing of everything is completely messed up... But it's fast as fuck to level in WoW all the same.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Maybe they could try scaling raid levels? What the hell do I know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    So after a few months of playing SWTOR I came back to WoW and since Argus was fun as hell I decided to level a 4th alt, and boooy it was a nightmare. Leveling is slow, painful, unfun, and at some point I realized that it is much easier to just sit around capital city all day queueing for dungeons (more exp overall, less work).
    It took me quite some time to get to 110, a lot more than other MMOs take to get to max level and the fun I had was probably the least I have had in an MMO (SWTOR being the top leveling experience, so it made me feel even worse).
    Did Blizzard lowered the exp rate of mobs or was it always this bad?
    What I miss the most is voiced content on the lower levels, because I realized that if I was a new player I wouldn't want to play a game such as WoW and level a character on it because of how painful it feels, there is literally no fun and even new players stop reading the textes after some time. Voiced content for ALL the quests of WoW would probably make the game much better.
    Oh, on a side note though, once I got to 110 it took me 5 hours /played to be at 915 ilvl with concordance of the legionfall level 3, so at least there is that.

Update:Wow, this thread actually got attention, and I had to actually read all comments before replying:
    Well, people didn't understand when I said it was boring and slow, but honestly I can't quite tell if the time consumed was high or low because I was fully bored 100% of the time, and that is the main cause it is painful. You can spend months leveling a character on another MMO and not feel tired or bored, but in wow you're instantly bored even if you haven't played the game in years when you're leveling, because the leveling experience is, without any question, very boring - This isn't even an opinion, it is a fact.
    Saying things like "oh you didn't play old mmos" dude, I leveled characters in Ragnarok Online where it took years of playing daily just to get to max level, and I survived, it has nothing to do with that as games don't and won't work like that ever again - Times have changed, and so have the needs of the audience, if you're retarded enough to not understand that I suggest you go do something else with your life instead of sitting all day in front of the computer trying to feel like you're acomplishing something.
    As WoW players most of us are over 25 years old, some like me are much older and even us still play a lot of other games, and we know the appeal that they have. I meantioned SWTOR because they made the leveling experience incredibly amazing, and you aren't bored even for a sec while leveling even without boosts, and if you want to rush a character you can probably do it in hours while in WoW you can't rush characters to max level: you're forced to do decade-old content that both isn't relevant or fun to do anymore.
    But but...

Didnt SWTOR kill WoW?

Why did you return?

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should do something about the Low levels, its very important for new players.

Many of my ideas has been said and spoken by Nixxium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQdsv55alI&t=19s

Follow this link, he has amazing ideas that would Revolutionize the leveling of World of warcraft ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this thread is still a thing?

Leveling is still painfully easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The levelling game is trashed, there aren't enough people playing at low levels for it to work and the XP rates and general balancing of everything is completely messed up... But it's fast as fuck to level in WoW all the same.
    I don't have problems finding dungeon groups, that is what makes it so much easier and kinda boring.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not really though. Just leveled a Warrior to 90, will get him to 110 before next week. I like the power fantasy of going around in Heirloom gear, demolishing everything. I am a bit sad that we don't have Heirlooms for all the slots (gloves, boots, bracers, belts). Who cares what I get from questing/dungeons before cap, it's going to be swapped in half an hour anyway. Might as well remove that hassle and give us full on set.

While we are at it, might as well add level scaling, so we can experience the whole zone quest lines without over leveling the zone (kinda like in Cata/MoP zones, actually). Expansion brackets still apply (as in all BC zones scale from 58 to 70).

I find some parts of the leveling really enjoyable. But for this you have to read quests and take interest in the lore. It's a bit like a jrpg experience where you try to stick to each zone main questline. I used a website guide for this.

For example the tirisfal to hillsbrad main lines were really good.

The game should do a better job making you focus on those lines to introduce the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Palisis View Post
    This was true up to last patch. I have all classes at 110 and it took me 2 weeks casually playing to get all of them, AND all specs, to concordance (yes, all specs, each per class), and to complete Legionfall campaign for their mounts.
    At this point, you can get concordance within a few minutes if you plan it out right. Or have some 880 gear tokens ready, do the first three ToS wings for the 2,7 billion AP token and go the whole distance in a single leap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should look into this and try to Emulate the same Challenge and Adventure feeling of Vanilla World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

It provides gameplay for a significant fraction of players that like leveling characters up.
    It provides a necessary secondary reset after each expansion.

Try to see both sides of the issue. I'm sure you could find more arguments for keeping it, as well.

Leveling is ridiculously fast. The real issue is that dungeons are the only real way to do it because well, questing is fast too but you out level the zones so fast, that you are constantly changing gears. We need the flex leveling system to be implemented down the whole way, so we can choose the zones we want to level in and for me, atleast, experience all the "new content" .. I mean, I've never even seen much of the Cataclysm revamp cause of the way dungeon leveling is right now. I hit level 43 in a day, that's how many zones skipped in a few hours ..