Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ignore them instead of giving them what they want. Your attention.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    This explains a lot of your posts.
    Great. Glad that cleared things up.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    No shes just a terrible person and conman who sells lies to gullible idiots.
    Then Republicans should just love her. She should run for President.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-10-13 at 08:54 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Anita Sarkeesian did not like a movie.
    Then it must be good wondering how she interpret the orginal... asian guy do replicant that look like white people and use them as slaves....white male protagonist spends most of his time miserabel or geting beaten up.....but I gess she will focus all on "half naked woman get shoot in the back"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I love Anita and when she starts a project I’ve contributed. That said yeah she seems to stir the pot but I like what she articulates even when I disagree totally. She has also helped change my attitude towards certain issues.

She is a bit all over the place in terms of what projects she is doing.
    Okay this explains all about you

No one will take you serious from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    There's just no way she can be that blind to not realize the "brainless males serving as a bullet sponge for our hero" has been a trope in countless films.
    I mean she did do that vid about killing female characters and the game footage she used was the player character massacring mountains of male characters... but it's cool cause the game depicted killed off one of the 3 named female characters and that's the true sexism of the matter.

Just don't give ver attention; that's what she wants. Her notoriety is dying, let's keep it that way.

Antia Sarkeesian definitely believes what she says she believes. She's also nutty as fuck, dishonest, abusive, and extremely vengeful towards any perceived slight, no matter how small or large, real or imagined. The worst kind of dogmatist that no one in their right mind should listen to.

"Everything's racist. Everything sexist" said Anita Sarkeesian
    That's such a negative view of the world. I hope for her sake she is a phony and a troll. I wouldn't want to think like that or live like that.

/bree

/fades into the shadows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kanuty View Post
    Okay this explains all about you

No one will take you serious from now on
    Ok, sounds great, I love Anita Sarkeesian, I think she is an amazing mind, wandering human being, and has very important views on a lot of issues. She has been backed against the wall and come out stronger, yeah, I will totally be OK with supporting her.

Wonder what happened to the popular Red Head Chanty Binx

She was awesome too.

anyway OT yeah I was going to see Blade Runner at some point, but I'll go ahead and skip this BS now.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-13 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    That's such a negative view of the world. I hope for her sake she is a phony and a troll. I wouldn't want to think like that or live like that.

/bree

/fades into the shadows
    To be fair to Anita,that quote is ripped out of context, badly. She was talking about how that was her mentality in college when she started studying postmodern gender theory and that she eventually mellowed out because of how much her attitude was grating on her friends and family.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, sounds great, I love Anita Sarkeesian, I think she is an amazing mind, wandering human being, and has very important views on a lot of issues. She has been backed against the wall and come out stronger, yeah, I will totally be OK with supporting her.
    Give me one example of something valuable Anita has ever said.

She is a bit all over the place in terms of what projects she is doing.
    Understatement of the decade.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

I must be living under a rock, but this is literally the first time ive ever heard of her, funnily enough turns out we attended the same university. Oh well, saw the movie yesteday thought it was interesting although perhaps a tad slow, but that just adds to the feel of it and is honestly a nice break from other current non stop action movies. Gives an eery feeling seing the relationship developed between virtual and "real" life persona, considering the japanese phone app girlfriend, perhaps our society is not THAT far off.

I am sure she didn’t even see the movie lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    To be fair to Anita,that quote is ripped out of context, badly. She was talking about how that was her mentality in college when she started studying postmodern gender theory and that she eventually mellowed out because of how much her attitude was grating on her friends and family.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Give me one example of something valuable Anita has ever said.

Everything, from her take on video games to the recent movie that just came out, although I was pretty unsure about attacking Super Mario Bros though.

Everything, from her take on video games to the recent movie that just came out, although I was pretty unsure about attacking Super Mario Bros though.
    Specifics or it doesn't count. We need to discuss specifics, because in general, Anita's projects have been debunked 1000x over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Yeah, was some years back I used to donate, but yeah, regardless to her views if she can't be consistent with her projects she says she is going to produce, no point in doing so.

I mean in the beginning way back, I understood she had to deal with real life situations, but yeah, she has to be consistent in her efforts. Eventually I just stopped watching for her too.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-10-13 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Has she completed any of her crowd funded projects?

like... at all?

Last I heard she sort of went silent after some Trump bashing while talking about her non-profit organization... and someone mentioned certain legality concerning her organization's classification and political platforms.

Feminist theory is a perfectly fine lens with which to view any media or form of entertainment. I havent seen Bladerunner 2049 yet, but if what she says is true, then it may be problematic from the point of view. Anita's problem is that that is her ONLY point of view. there are many other lenses through which to vew entertainment, and seeing through only one of them is obviously myopic. This is why Anita fails as a cultural critic and is basically just a troll. you can point out problems with anything from certain viewpoints, and if you rate something based entirely on one thing, and only seek to find problems relating to it, that will be your only result. A much better media and cultural critic who is currently active is Lindsay Ellis. Yes, she critiques from a feminist viewpoint, but also from many, many other viewpoints, and doesnt rate something entirely on whether or not it meets certain checkboxes. She has a much more nuanced and textured, interesting, and valuable critical feedback... probably because she actually went to film school, unlike Sarkeesian who has no education in almost anything she speaks about. Ellis is viewed as part of the internet SJW scene by some, partly because she has posed with pictures and its friends with a lot of the scene, but it hasnt poisoned her outlook, or her sense of humor. check her out if you are interested in seeing critical responses from someone who understands not only feminist theory, but film theory, in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is everything that is wrong about gender studies. She cries fire where there is only smoke and then demeans anyone who calls it smoke by claiming they are part of the system. She does this to make money, which sullies the credibility of any claim she makes. And worst of all she butters up big corporations into thinking that if they support her they support gender diversity in the work place. This lends credence to her claims which spread her bullshit even farther.

She is not a troll. A troll would do this just to screw with people. She is a con artist who uses the flaws in the system and people's fears to make money.