Cinidaria and Symbiote Strike, VDH Single Target

The tooltip for Symbiote Strike states:
    Your attacks cause an additional 30% damage to enemies above 90% health and heal you for 100% of the damage done.
    If that is the case, then why do I see Symbiote Strike hitting in my logs and others well after the target is below 90% health? I noticed it quite clearly on this log that I was using to compare/contrast against my own:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=18

There is a symbiote strike going off at the 1:32 mark, which is 30 seconds before the boss was downed. Is there some kind of delay to it? That doesn't make much sense to me if there is.

That just looks like a bug. His damage done via symbiote strike is also way too high, there are random instant >6mill symbiote strike hits throughout the fight that couldn't be there if it was working properly

It looks like an issue in the logging. All your Symbiote Strike damage past the first 10 seconds appears to be something else with the wrong attribution.

Deleted
    First thing: This is most certainly a bug and it seems to only happen on heroic. The heroic logs are flooded with VDH using Cinidaria and parsing in the 1.4 M dps range. Damage seems to coincide with the application of the melted armor debuff. Since the only other Agi tank in the top 100 doesn't use Cinidaria, it probably only works for DH for some reason. It doesn't seem to work all the time, but I am not going to look into it any further. Don't try to reproduce it and take the kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    It looks like an issue in the logging. All your Symbiote Strike damage past the first 10 seconds appears to be something else with the wrong attribution.
    The dps spikes are there and pretty large, so maybe it is the explosion of the tank trinket? The overlaps aren't perfect so I'd think that is a no. My best guess is, that the leg just bugs out and decides to reflect the damage from the Melted armor application.

Deleted
    For some reason Cinidaria is counting the friendly fire damage from Burning Eruption as damage done to Goroth, and procs off of it. Weird stuff.

ssshhhh dont tell anyone dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    For some reason Cinidaria is counting the friendly fire damage from Burning Eruption as damage done to Goroth, and procs off of it. Weird stuff.
    Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I was at a complete loss when I saw that today. I wonder what they did in code to cause that xD. Bums me out though that my logs will look like shit compared to those that would be able to exploit this and get those kinds of stupid high dps numbers.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's a known bug on Goroth. unfortunately between this and the fact most other fights are mega-cheeseable as well it makes ranks this tier even more meaningless than usual. Basically all fights except maybe sisters and maiden are pretty irrelevant to parse on, and even those two are paddable/have a big deal of rng respectively

Is Cinidaria that good? Noob question maybe, see a lot of logs where it's being used though...

Quote Originally Posted by SloBash View Post
    Is Cinidaria that good? Noob question maybe, see a lot of logs where it's being used though...
    Its good for dps when multiple mobs come out which most people at this stage in the game are outgearing most things and going more dps than worrying about survivability. Atleast that is the way i look at it.

i prefer not to use it on the single target fights myself tho. Just me. I feel I can get more ST damage with other combos of legendaries.

Guess it all comes down to how comfortable you feel i guess.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2017-10-18 at 06:38 PM.

Cinidaria is the second best single target legendary after Archimonde’s. At least according to logs. It is also considered 2nd best for aoe, although on some add encounters it is possible for Sephuz to outperform it, but that requires a lot more effort for such a small gain.

If a fight is really drawn out then it is possible that KJB would outperform Cinidaria though.