Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well guess they should just stay in the tunnel then.
    They used to stay in the locker room not all that long ago. The National Anthem wasn’t even televised. This is all just a made up bunch a crap by the MSM to “stir the pot” of the ill informed like usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Stating that marketing is part of the job of NFL players isn't "semantics", it's the core of the argument. Players are paid to create a product that's appealing to fans. Most of the time, that comes from ability or excitement on the field, but it's not the only duty they have as part of the job - this is pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite - they can terminate employment for no reason, but not necessarily for any reason. Even in at-will states, there are a variety of for cause firings that aren't legal. To take the most extreme example, you can't fire someone for being too black.
    Sure you can. You can terminate someone for “any reason” as long as it doesn’t clash with the any other law. Anyone would know that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    As one of "those that fought for it", baiters like you are what I consider a real disgrace. Americans freely protesting the government corruption they perceive IS what I fought for, what every military serviceman fights for, just as the founding fathers did. So you can fuck off with trying to use OUR sacrifice to fuel YOUR attacks on the Constitution.
    Definately +1 for your reply. I wish more vets would make statements like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Sure you can. You can terminate someone for “any reason” as long as it doesn’t clash with the any other law. Anyone would know that.
    In other words, you can't terminate them for any reason...

In other words, you can't terminate them for any reason...
    He means as long as you aren't obvious about it, you technically can.

Can a homophobe fire someone for being gay? Nope
    Can they fire a gay employee for "improper conduct" if they keep hitting on male customers and coworkers? Potentially.

I'm still holding my breath for the outrage to come for Trump sitting and talking during the retreat of the Colors.

Aren't those people saying that anyone who disrespects the Flag or service members should be fired or suspended? I assume they want to do the same with Trump, and will no longer support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I've not followed this debate for a while, but it has taken on some really weird twists and turns in it's argumentations.

Does anyone believe that people who earn hundreds of millions a year are somehow held to the same workplace standards as common employees???

I can tell you right now that at my own work the guys who make the millions also aren't held to the same standards, they show up to work when they want, they take x months of vacation whenever they want, 'work from home' whenever they want and go to restaurants and pubs during workhours whenever they want. (luckily the people who work closely with them get to come along to those...)

Pretending that NHL players are somehow like 'common employees' is just absurd to me.
    No one makes hundreds of millions.

Anyway, you can safely bet that the same sort of status plays happen in the NFL - Tom Brady isn't going to be suspending for the same things that would get Aaron Jones or Jonathon Williams cut from a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    He means as long as you aren't obvious about it, you technically can.

Can a homophobe fire someone for being gay? Nope
    Can they fire a gay employee for "improper conduct" if they keep hitting on male customers and coworkers? Potentially.
    Actually, in many states, a homophobe can fire an employee for being gay.

No one makes hundreds of millions.

Anyway, you can safely bet that the same sort of status plays happen in the NFL - Tom Brady isn't going to be suspending for the same things that would get Aaron Jones or Jonathon Williams cut from a team.
    The NFL is trying to get away from that sort of thing though, because obviously having special star privileges is almost like an invitation for those players to act like dickheads.

When you make millions of dollars to play a fucking game, pretty sure you shut the fuck up and do what you are told. At least how I see it Hell, I'd give both my testicles to make 1/10th of what these idiots do, and they cant shut the hell up and stand during a song. Just another reason for me to not watch professional sports.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    When you make millions of dollars to play a fucking game, pretty sure you shut the fuck up and do what you are told. At least how I see it Hell, I'd give both my testicles to make 1/10th of what these idiots do, and they cant shut the hell up and stand during a song. Just another reason for me to not watch professional sports.
    Are you just as upset at Trump for sitting during the retreating of the Colors the other night?

Deleted
    And yet they are prepared to risk all those millions in order to highlight racial injustice.

Those selfish twats

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well guess they should just stay in the tunnel then.
    They did, conservatives still cried.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you should have a skill set that either useful or that you're actually good at. Don't be salty because you make a crap wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm still holding my breath for the outrage to come for Trump sitting and talking during the retreat of the Colors.

Aren't those people saying that anyone who disrespects the Flag or service members should be fired or suspended? I assume they want to do the same with Trump, and will no longer support him.
    single / limited instances vs intentionally doing makes a big difference. Yes i'm disappointed over it, and he needs to watch himself on it. But its not on the same level as what the NFL players do. I don't want them forced to stand, let them kneel, and the NFL fans either support or drop support for teams. Both sides have the right to do what they are doing. If the team owners / NFL owners feel the finical hit is to much and make them stand that's them protecting their business.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    single / limited instances vs intentionally doing makes a big difference. Yes i'm disappointed over it, and he needs to watch himself on it. But its not on the same level as what the NFL players do. I don't want them forced to stand, let them kneel, and the NFL fans either support or drop support for teams. Both sides have the right to do what they are doing. If the team owners / NFL owners feel the finical hit is to much and make them stand that's them protecting their business.
    Of course it's not the same... there's no calls to fire or boycott Trump. Let's not forget, this isn't an isolated incident. He also insulted POWs, you can't get much lower than that. The fact that here's people willing to boycott the NFL over this, yet are willing to give Trump a pass, proves their hypocrisy. In the end, it shows that it's nothing more than manufactured outrage, and those people are fucking ignorant snowflakes.

How many times have we seen Trump supporters who are "disappointed" in his actions or words, yet still support the man? Yup, double standards are double standards.

Of course it's not the same... there's no calls to fire or boycott Trump. Let's not forget, this isn't an isolated incident. He also insulted POWs, you can't get much lower than that. The fact that here's people willing to boycott the NFL over this, yet are willing to give Trump a pass, proves their hypocrisy. In the end, it shows that it's nothing more than manufactured outrage, and those people are fucking ignorant snowflakes.

How many times have we seen Trump supporters who are "disappointed" in his actions or words, yet still support the man? Yup, double standards are double standards.
    personally i try and support the office of president, i despised obama but still supported the office. I tend to do the same with Trump. I voted for him but that was in large to keep hillary out, since the DNC blew their on chances in the pre-lims but that's off topic.

personally i try and support the office of president, i despised obama but still supported the office. I tend to do the same with Trump. I voted for him but that was in large to keep hillary out, since the DNC blew their on chances in the pre-lims but that's off topic.
    So, are we to continue to excuse his continued ignorance? Fuck no.

Regardless of why you voted for him, you still voted for him. At some point, I would hope you realize you made a mistake. We'll see when that day comes, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Your boss is actually not allowed to just treat you like shit and fire you for made up reasons, but you would have to actually stand up for yourself and defend your rights as an employee rather than being so desperate to have a job you'll just lie down and eat whatever shit the boss feeds you.
    At-will employment would like a word with you.

So, are we to continue to excuse his continued ignorance? Fuck no.

Regardless of why you voted for him, you still voted for him. At some point, I would hope you realize you made a mistake. We'll see when that day comes, if ever.
    considering who would likely be in office had i not voted for him.... nope.

considering who would likely be in office had i not voted for him.... nope.
    Then that goes to prove my point. Nothing Trump will do will cause people to not support him. They will back him, no matter what. No matter how hypocritical they have to become, no matter how many of their morals they have to undermine. That is why people mock Trump supporters, their utter determination to remain willfully ignorant.

Then that goes to prove my point. Nothing Trump will do will cause people to not support him. They will back him, no matter what. No matter how hypocritical they have to become, no matter how many of their morals they have to undermine. That is why people mock Trump supporters, their utter determination to remain willfully ignorant.
    maybe some but not all, like i said i'll support the office always, if not him. If the day comes he does an impeachable offense so be it, if in the next election someone better is nominated they will get my vote. all i can speak for is myself though, not others.