Deleted

Niger u-17 team accepted by FIFA in cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_...#Current_Squad

And 5 of them just happen to be born exactly January 1, 2000, and two of them January 1, 2001 in order to meet requiements.

Hilariously enough, FIFA approved of this. Nothing of suspicion here, lol.

Deleted
    Unfortunate name

In some parts of the world (and some cultures) people dont track the exact date of birth so they just use first of january and the year they were born for documents and official stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the history of FIFA this is barely anything or any issue. Not sure why you would make an issue of it and i'm being kind here in not speculating about your usual motives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unfortunate name
    It is pronounced Nijer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    It is pronounced Nijer.
    Yeah I know still an unfortunate name

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unfortunate name
    Yeah when Niger faces Germany in a football match the score board shows NIG-GER and gets a hashtag #NIGGER on twitter. Really bad name.

FIFA is rotten to the core and the fact they gave the world cup to Qatar proved it!

A state that is well known to use indentured workers to build its stadiums and it is awash with corruption!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Yeah when Niger faces Germany in a football match the score board shows NIG-GER and gets a hashtag #NIGGER on twitter. Really bad name.
    NGR, good joke attempt though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    In the history of FIFA this is barely anything or any issue. Not sure why you would make an issue of it and i'm being kind here in not speculating about your usual motives.
    I'm just pointing out how sad FIFA are. That's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_...#Current_Squad

And 5 of them just happen to be born exactly January 1, 2000, and two of them January 1, 2001 in order to meet requiements.

Hilariously enough, FIFA approved of this. Nothing of suspicion here, lol.
    You do realize it's because of a war torn nation and birth records being destroyed?

Take your racism elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just pointing out how sad FIFA are. That's it.
    Nobody needs any proof of that, the appointment of 2020 to Qatar says it all, ignoring all other problems with that nation and simply looking at the temperatures there making it a hostile environment for people to play in. I for see a player getting killed there or at the very least hospitalized due to the weather conditions.

But we both know what your problem with this really is, and it boils down to either skin color or religion. I'm guessing after the last ban you decided to be a bit more subtle but don't worry the hammer will slam upon you again eventually

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    NGR, good joke attempt though.
    Are you telling me this list is lying to me :O?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._country_codes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Are you telling me this list is lying to me :O?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._country_codes
    I was wrong but if they ever played it would be GER - NIG to avoid it reguardless of whoever is home/away. Although they have never played (and probably never will).

FUN BUSTED.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I was wrong but if they ever played it would be GER - NIG to avoid it reguardless of whoever is home/away. Although they have never played (and probably never will).

FUN BUSTED.
    What a shame! A few days ago we had NIR-GER when Northern Ireland faced Germany.. close enough I guess.

Deleted
    FIFA approved of this
    FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on this planet, so who here is surprised.

Took all of 30 seconds to find out that the country has a problem with accurate/comprehensive birth records:

https://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/niger_71507.html

But please, by all means, continue the circle jerk.

Maybe Nigerian prince convinced someone in FIFA with their bank account issues?