Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    PVP, crafting, legendaries.

PVP: I used to PVP a lot. I liked that it was never balanced, but I liked that even in the worst situation, I could still feel like I was contributing. Sometimes, that just isn't the case anymore. I like how some things have changed (no set bonuses, gems etc, basically stripping out the PVE bumps), but I do miss the focused grind. When I started back in BC, PVP gear was definitely worth farming for PVE raid progression. If you needed a slot, you could grind honor and get it. This random win drop can be frustrating.

Crafting: Again, in BC your on ding crafting gear would easily last you though to Black Temple in many instances. Crafted gear matter from dinging max level to deep end game. You put in the work and you were rewarded. Now craft feels like an after thought.

Legendaries: I sort of feel like these either need to be like previous expansions, one class with a quest chain. Not so much a random big item drop. With the new mass influx of legendary items, I feel as though they should be more "super stat" sticks, instead of OP game breaking ability items - that aren't earned at all. Sure, you can grind out mythics and all that nonsense to earn them, but when some jabroni asshole like me does maybe 1 emissary a week on a toon and gets the top 2 DPS boosting legendaries in the first month.... kinda weak sauce (in comparison to others).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The LFG system. Its dramatically out of date. Look at FFXIV. They have tiers of 'roullettes' not only can you que for ANY dungeon and scale to its level and desireable rewards for your actual level like endgame gear currency and lots of gil/seals but the roullettes have daily "do a ARR endgame dungeon: 10% of your weekly tome cap" or "do a random primal/summon trial 5% of your tome cap" so not only do max level players have an incentive to do old dungeons but more importantly MAX LEVEL PLAYERS CAN DO MORE DUNGEONS THAN THE MINUSCULE AMOUNT THEY ARE LOCKED TO AT MAX LEVEL.
    This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I get it. Is there a "Dummies' Guide" to this concept somewhere, which doesn't require familiarity with FFXIV beyond basic general MMO concepts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I get it. Is there a "Dummies' Guide" to this concept somewhere, which doesn't require familiarity with FFXIV beyond basic general MMO concepts?
    Simply put you dont get locked out of a dungeon in lfg when you out level it. You can still que and just scale down but still get xp towards you real level outside. To use an older model Imagine having a none timewalking permanent 'Wrath of the lich king dungeons' Selection and you just search any wrath dungeons. You scale down to 70 and do the dungeon instead of steamroll it but get some legion era rewards at the end for completing it. Its a system which means lowbies have faster ques and veteran players arent quarantined in a tiny amount of current endgame dungeons.

I mean if you still got stuff to gear up you current character would people not want to run things dungeons from earlier expansions? theres nearly 100 of them at this point and a lot of folks have fond memories of them. Its a shame they become completely redundant in the current system. If theres on thing WoW needs to lift from FFXIV its that.

Professions. Ditch the entire system and make something new out of it, no "the entire system changes once you reach lvl 800 and is still completely irrelevant to everything in life" bullshit we got going during WoD and Legion

Monster AI outside of scripted raid/dungeon encounters. They can barely handle a player moving at faster than unmounted run-speed. And none of them really do anything particularly interesting or complex. I would LOVE to see smarter monsters that work as a team in their camps, or stalk players over long distances, have different behavior depending on what type of enemy, etc.

How 'bout the entire game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    The whole iLvl and power gain system needs to be overhauled. We've been growing way too strong way too fast for way too long.

For me a 25% increase in player power would be reasonable when going from one tier to another. I don't remember exactly but I think 600 DPS for entering MC is a very generous number to begin with. Let's slap on a 25% increase from going from expansion to expansion too just for the sake of it.

T1: 600
    T2: 750
    T2.5: 938
    T3: 1,172

TBC: 1,465
    T4: 1,831
    T5: 2,289
    T6: 2,861
    Sunwell: 3,576

WotLK: 4,470
    T7 25: 5,588
    T8 25: 6,985
    T9 25 HC: 8,731
    T10 25 HC: 10,914

Cata: 13,642
    T11 25 HC: 17,053
    T12 25 HC: 21,316
    T13 25 HC: 26,645

MoP: 33,307
    T14 25 HC: 41,633
    T15 25 HC: 52,042
    T16 Mythic: 65,052

WoD: 81,315
    HM Mythic: 101,644
    T17 Mythic: 127,055
    T18 Mythic: 158,819

Legion: 198,523
    EN/ToV Mythic: 248,154
    NH Mythic: 310,193
    ToS Mythic: 387,741
    It's all relative man. Doesn't matter to me if I have 5 million HP or 200k. Seriously, couldn't give one flying fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    stalk players over long distances
    this would be the most annoying thing in the world LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp needs a total rework. keep the bg obviously, but all the system, season, prestige, control, talents, whatever, it needs to stop and be made into something worthy of wow.

it's been 10 years, and it is not working, stop. they should promote fun and entertainment above all else
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-10-13 at 03:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside of the previous.. I think Legacy dungeons/Transmog need a look at.. If you want all 3 sets of a tier it can take months since you need to go through all 3 diffculties.... Simple solution would be to award the Normal and Heroic mog if you have the Mythic version..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Prof Items should be Normal raid ilev, but you can upgrade 3 pieces above that item level to just above heroic. So good for all but the top end raiders.
    This would be cool to see but with some “challenge” either the recipe drops from a hard mob requiring a quest chain or the mats are difficult to come by or something like that. Some form of effort has to be put in rather than just buying mats off the AH

The Thunderforge system needs a cap that doesn't extend past mythic level raid gear

The Guild system and achievements, which blizzard can't be arsed to update on an expansion basis now.

Professions, I thought they were great in MoP when Engi was super useful but alchemy, JC and enchanting were still good. Crafting professions need to be totally redone though so they can be consistently useful.

PvP needs to remove loot boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    The game engine... it's so badly optimised for today's computers.
    The game runs great on low spec and high end computers... Except the loading screen problem that has popped up in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Professions - Some sort of overhaul needs to happen I agree. Think of a profession that you can create an item that evolves over the course of the expansion. As you learn and grow within your profession, you can access modifications to the armor and weapons you craft, which will improve the stats, or add new ones to already existing crafted gear. Not just "hey, break down enough crafted gear and you get a ball that arbitrarily increases the ilvl of your crafted item 0-10 times."

2) ilvl squish - Quite frankly, i'm tired of seeing millions of numbers across my screen. It needs to be squished down to hundreds, or maybe a couple thousand. Health of monsters and players need to be cut by 100 times or more.

3) WQ type system for all of the world - Random events that provide rewards all over Azeroth, also make the quest rewards not always known, like a surprise box after completing the WQ that has a chance to have something cool from a pool of things in it.

4) ilvl scaling zones for all the game - Allow us a system where from level 10 or something (the moment your character gets out of the starter zone (ie: elwynn forest) you can choose where to help in the world. So if you hit level 10 and were in stormwind, you could click on the map and choose any of the zones in the eastern kingdoms, or outland, or kalimdor or northrend or panda land and choose a zone to go help in, and level in, maybe keep Draenor, and broken isles as level appropriate for what they originally were because you need to be more "seasoned" to help out in those zones.

5) PvP Presteige system - It was a good attempt by blizzard to try to overhaul PvP, but I think they missed the mark a bit. I feel like just grinding out presteige levels feels too... the same. Don't get me wrong, PvP is fun, but they need to vary it up with more quests that send you to areas in the world that might be instanced when you get there, and varied types of areas of PvP combat. The PvP areas in the broken isles is a great road map, but too often there is not enough actual PvP and more PvE objectives that gives you PvP points (warden towers anyone)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Factions. And it is a big one.

If they allow us to party, enter same guilds, etc - the game would get a huge boost of popularity. Keep the faction conflict going on, but limit that to extremists factions. Make your character decide if he/she wants to help or not (pvp is optional anyway). Keep the cities faction-specific if you must, but the hability to play together with the other faction would be cool, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It's all relative man. Doesn't matter to me if I have 5 million HP or 200k. Seriously, couldn't give one flying fuck.
    It mostly has to do with pacing rather than the actual numbers themselves. Content and gear become irrelevant too fast otherwise. Imagine spending months on a crafted set only for it to become utterly worthless over night due to catch up mechanics run amok and excessive jumps in iLvl between tiers.

Gear and Professions:

Gear shouldn't always be an upgrade (yea I know its not always) I miss when items didn't have predictable stats, main/stam and 2 secondaries

Professions: Professions should be the grindy way to get BiS items or a 3rd path for solo players who don't want to pug any content. There used to be BiS items that came from profs. None of this craft this weekly. Make it super tedious and grindy and send us on an epic quest like what should've been the legendary crafted quest.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    Its not the number value, its the inflation of those numbers from patch to patch that has gone from wtf to absurd.
    Started legion with 350k single target. We're now at 1,7+mil st dps for some classes.
    almost 5x the amount of dps we started with in 3 patches. Its literally insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    Its not the number value, its the inflation of those numbers from patch to patch that has gone from wtf to absurd.
    Started legion with 350k single target. We're now at 1,7+mil st dps for some classes.
    almost 5x the amount of dps we started with in 3 patches. Its literally insane.
    Is it insane to you because of the actual numbers or just the % increase?

Would it be insane to you if we did 35 DPS single target and then the next patch we did 170 DPS?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    The Thunderforge system needs a cap that doesn't extend past mythic level raid gear
    As a Mythic raider I'm fine with it because realistically it's not nearly as common as people like to pretend. I'm sorry it's just not. Yes, you're going to get some items from Mythic+, cool. But unless you're doing something exploitative like splitfarming heroic (and really who does that beyond for the WF race?) you're not going to have a whole raid of people in Heroic decked out in Mythic level gear, at least not until end of tier and even then it's pretty dicey. Why should I care if heroic raiders get a couple pieces of gear that's extremely likely to be much lower than my TF gear, and around the level of gear that every single drop's base level is for mine? I shouldn't, and I don't.

The best you could do if it really triggers people with snowflake syndrome is cap it to 5~ ilevels below current tier Mythic, then people would have no reason to obsess over the minuscule chance at upgrades from heroics that would only be "upgrades" in slots we were unlucky with, and then make current tier Mythic gear only able to warforge 5~ ilevels so it goes back to being a nice little bonus instead of something we obsess over.

Or just give us template character stats for Mythic raiding and cosmetic rewards. I mythic raid because I enjoy it. And lets face it, they can do whatever they want and we're not going anywhere. Nothing even comes close to WoW in terms of endgame PvE content. I just really don't see the point in gutting something cool to cater to that 3% of us that raid Mythic. It keeps the content alive longer, it gives me reasons (though extremely unlikely) to run content with my casual friends. TF is good for the game.

Deleted
    Is it insane to you because of the actual numbers or just the % increase?

Would it be insane to you if we did 35 DPS single target and then the next patch we did 170 DPS?
    When that increase is followed by a gear increase that makes any older content completely void, yes

when that insane scaling, titanforging, % trait increases, end up making mythic bosses lasting 2min. u know something is not right.