Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Will the Girl Scouts admit boys?
    No, they will not, though some people will say they already do since they do admit transgender girls. But they don't accept anyone that identifies as a male, they only accept people who identify as a girl so they technically don't accept boys.

Personally they should just combine girl and boys scouts and be done with. Make it a leadership kids club kinda thing. Camp,do your badges ect ect. Why not. Might be a good way to foster good social qualities in young people.

At my kids school there is a really good Girl Scout group well organized, active ect. The Boy Scouts group is barely hanging on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Personally they should just combine girl and boys scouts and be done with. Make it a leadership kids club kinda thing. Camp,do your badges ect ect. Why not. Might be a good way to foster good social qualities in young people.

At my kids school there is a really good Girl Scout group well organized, active ect. The Boy Scouts group is barely hanging on.
    This sadly has absolutely nothing to do with the organization as a whole. Both are entirely volunteer run organizations, so it's based on the quality of people who step into the leadership positions for the local pack/troop and how driven they are to run a good program. Combining the two won't fix that logistics issue. Combining the two will also likely never happen considering the Boys and Girl Scouts organizations (in the US anyway) have never been on good terms, but especially with the whole anti BSA stance the Girl Scouts executives have taken in response to this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Seems like we're in the day and age where men and boys cannot have any form of group for themselves without women trying to force it to be inclusive of women. Is there a point where men cannot enjoy anything to themselves? whether or not your heart is in the right place, it feels redundant.
    Read the damn thread or OP, jesus. Is it really that hard? "Men and boys" will still have their own single gender groups... the evil womens aren't taking that away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You really, really need to read the article. Seriously.

Pretty much answer all your concerns.
    Was talking in general, not about this specific organization. Don't even live in the same continent, doesn't concern me at all .

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Was talking in general, not about this specific organization. Don't even live in the same continent, doesn't concern me at all .
    So when reality catches up with your opinion, then you don't care. But you cared enough to post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoiskate View Post
    so combine the girl scouts and boy scouts into just the scouts of america? simple fix, but i'm sure some people will be up in arms over this.
    This is what SHOULD happen but it never will, too much money wrapped up in the whole thing.

Do you really think the leadership of the Girl Scouts want to give up on the chokehold they have on cookie sales? I'm no kidding, thats a massive massive cash grab every year.

Do you think either groups leadership would be willing to abdicate control to members of the other groups leadership?? Of course not, who says 'yeah sure, just take my job I'm totally cool with that' after working to achiev some high level position in one of these organizations.

would make a lot more sense to have them merge but they never will. In the end I see them both just changing their names eventually to be more inclusive...and then in the long run one dies off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    This is what SHOULD happen but it never will, too much money wrapped up in the whole thing.

Do you really think the leadership of the Girl Scouts want to give up on the chokehold they have on cookie sales? I'm no kidding, thats a massive massive cash grab every year.

Do you think either groups leadership would be willing to abdicate control to members of the other groups leadership?? Of course not, who says 'yeah sure, just take my job I'm totally cool with that' after working to achiev some high level position in one of these organizations.

would make a lot more sense to have them merge but they never will. In the end I see them both just changing their names eventually to be more inclusive...and then in the long run one dies off.
    Boy scouts become the scouts and girl scouts drop the illusion that it is a scouting organization and just become a bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Read the damn thread or OP, jesus. Is it really that hard? "Men and boys" will still have their own single gender groups... the evil womens aren't taking that away.
    So now boys will have the boyscouts, and girls will have the girls scouts + special group in the boyscouts?
    Rip equality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    So now boys will have the boyscouts, and girls will have the girls scouts + special group in the boyscouts?
    Rip equality.
    Push for girl scouts to accept boys more often instead of bitch about it? If boys want to sell cookies let them.

This isn't exactly accurate based on how Boy Scouts are organized. Dens, which are the gender specific units you're referring to, are part of the larger Pack and most activities are done as the larger pack where they will co-mingle. Older groups are broken into Patrols that fit into the larger Troop, but the idea is the same. The larger group is what does most of the big stuff together.

That said it's up to the local charter organization whether they want to have mixed gender packs/ troops too.

I'm just clarifying, for those who may not know what a Den is and how it fits into the organization, which is what the article talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This isn't exactly accurate based on how Boy Scouts are organized. Dens, which are the gender specific units you're referring to, are part of the larger Pack and most activities are done as the larger pack where they will co-mingle. Older groups are broken into Patrols that fit into the larger Troop, but the idea is the same. The larger group is what does most of the big stuff together.

That said it's up to the local charter organization whether they want to have mixed gender packs/ troops too.

I'm just clarifying, for those who may not know what a Den is and how it fits into the organization, which is what the article talks about.
    So does the pack depend on the location, or does it corroborate with dens across a large distance?

So does the pack depend on the location, or does it corroborate with dens across a large distance?
    Packs (the big unit for Cub Scouts) are location specific, usually designated by the city/ town they operate in. It's normal for there to be more than one pack for larger towns and cities especially. The city I live in has three packs for example. I can't speak to how other Packs in other locations operate, but ours doesn't usually work with the others in our area. There's nothing that says one way or the other what you should be doing, it's just logistics.

Packs (the big unit for Cub Scouts) are location specific, usually designated by the city/ town they operate in. It's normal for there to be more than one pack for larger towns and cities especially. The city I live in has three packs for example. I can't speak to how other Packs in other locations operate, but ours doesn't usually work with the others in our area. There's nothing that says one way or the other what you should be doing, it's just logistics.
    So larger places will have a great deal of mixing and smaller places could have basically nothing. That is a bit of information I was missing from this whole thing, I assumed a "den" was a group that acts on its own. Thanks for the info.

So larger places will have a great deal of mixing and smaller places could have basically nothing. That is a bit of information I was missing from this whole thing, I assumed a "den" was a group that acts on its own. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah. And alongside this is that each Pack is chartered/ sponsored by a local group (usually a business or Veterans Association) and it's up to this sponsor on whether they will allow it at all.

So it could be possible for there to be large amounts of co-mingling or none at all depending on whether the organization that sponsors the Pack wants an all boys, all girls or mixed pack.

IF they choose to have a mixed pack, the Dens will still be gender specific, but as I stated before all the big stuff is done together as a Pack. The Dens are really only separated to manage numbers and requirements (like grades/ classrooms in school, you separate based on curriculum and somewhat by age) to ensure the kids stay up to date on their requirements for progressing to the next rank.

Seems like a win win for everyone in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Will the Girl Scouts admit boys?
    When they want to, they will. Will probably be called Cookie Scouts.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Yeah. And alongside this is that each Pack is chartered/ sponsored by a local group (usually a business or Veterans Association) and it's up to this sponsor on whether they will allow it at all.

So it could be possible for there to be large amounts of co-mingling or none at all depending on whether the organization that sponsors the Pack wants an all boys, all girls or mixed pack.

IF they choose to have a mixed pack, the Dens will still be gender specific, but as I stated before all the big stuff is done together as a Pack. The Dens are really only separated to manage numbers and requirements (like grades/ classrooms in school, you separate based on curriculum and somewhat by age) to ensure the kids stay up to date on their requirements for progressing to the next rank.
    Do the dens have a choice what other dens make their pack? Or is this something you go into knowing who is part of the entire pack.

I'm basically asking, will boys that want a boy only pack have that choice or are they just thrown into a den without knowing that before hand.

Do the dens have a choice what other dens make their pack? Or is this something you go into knowing who is part of the entire pack.

I'm basically asking, will boys that want a boy only pack have that choice or are they just thrown into a den without knowing that before hand.
    The boys themselves don't really have much choice. Again, similar to schools, you join the pack/ one of the packs in the area and the pack expands as required. There is a bit of a breaking point though where a Pack simply can't logistically handle more kids so a new one would be created and every new Pack has to find a sponsor and charter themselves so that's when they'd decide whether they want to be mixed or gender specific. Also, If your parents want to, you can go and join a pack in an adjacent town or city or whatever but that doesn't happen often because of the logistics involved.

So if you want to join Scouts, you pretty much have to join the one in your area where the sponsor has already chosen whether it's going to be all boys or mixed pack.

That said, it's possible that the sponsor along with local district (District is the higher organization that governs the Packs across the region of the country you're in) will purposely create gender specific or mixed packs for the exact reason I think you're alluding to; to assuage the concerns of the boys and parents and provide options. This will depend on local enrollment though; no sense in having multiple packs if there's only a small number interested at all.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2017-10-13 at 06:11 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Rip equality.
    Wrong again. Maybe time to read the article? Take a chance on learning something new? Dare to dream . . . .

Boys - no change.
    Girls - access to more and broader activities.
    Girl Scouts future? Cookies.