Poll: WoW's Balancing Team. How is it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It's absolutely uninteresting what whining gamers think about the people who balance stuff. They don't have the foggiest idea about how that really works or what it entails.
    It doesn't really matter what it entails or how it works - its not the players problem its Blizzard's. They have inevitably have to take the blame if its wrong. If its so uninteresting, why read it and post?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    It doesn't really matter what it entails or how it works - its not the players problem its Blizzard's. They have inevitably have to take the blame if its wrong. If its so uninteresting, why read it and post?
    The game is balanced OK.

Seems like there are a lot of people in this thread who should be making a lot of money designing games since it is so easy.

I don't think the balance is the best this expansion, but I doubt the problem is due either to laziness or stupidity.

Deleted
    The game is balanced OK.
    Well some people often think differently and quite often maths suggests otherwise. Considering the amount of re balancing they do Blizzard seem to think so to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Could be my imagination What do you guys think?
    yep its just your imagination - especially the part about tbc....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I don't think the balance is the best this expansion
    but it is - at least for pve (and thats all that counts)

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anymore, it's always the same OP and the same UP specs. When they try to fix it, they inevitably go overboard and overnerf/buff the !@#$ out of stuff, e.g. fire Mage. Or the woefully UP ele shaman through the entirety of WoD, for what I have seen. Or S2M at launch. They have 12 years of experience trying to balance stuff and never fail to !@#$ it up, except on the last patches of WotLK, maybe.

And don't get me started on PvP balance, which is nothing but a horrible mess. Seriously, it's as if Blizz was trying to dissuade people from trying PvP...

I consider them having next to an impossible situation. So many specs, classes, trinket combos, set bonus combos, gear options, talents, legos, and all of that. Then with a player base that will pound the numbers for months until they get it right. End of the day they do alright. I say alright because, yes, most of these nightmare reasons for not being able to balance so well are of their own creation. But for the nightmare they create they end up making it OK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yep its just your imagination - especially the part about tbc....
    Could be a Mandela Effect, i'll remove that part from the post
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-12 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I consider them having next to an impossible situation. So many specs, classes, trinket combos, set bonus combos, gear options, talents, legos, and all of that. Then with a player base that will pound the numbers for months until they get it right. End of the day they do alright. I say alright because, yes, most of these nightmare reasons for not being able to balance so well are of their own creation. But for the nightmare they create they end up making it OK.
    not really, just look at HFC where mages were left with 2 class trinkets, the mannoroth trinket proccing doom nova was nerfed for like 3 casters on PTR, yet on live it's doing 50% of arcane mages aoe damage, upto 25% of their single target, and what? it's too late to nerf it?

the trinket was USELESS for every fucking spec in the game except oh look mages! and blizzard are too fucking lazy to nerf it for mages or buff it to be useable by some other specs.

that's lazy shit balancing, basically once it's off the PTR they don't give a fuck, it's time to work on legion and let the 18 arcane mage dream 15 second kills happen.

you'll say oh but legion is better? ERM SURRENDER TO MADNESS? spriests basically fucking topping every fight in EN, whole talent completely broken to shit left to go on for months because hey it's not the PTR anymore we can't fix anything. thats the issue i have if it comes off the PTR broken as fuck there's a good chance it'll stay like that for 6 months.

and maybe now it's better right? LOL FEINT rogues basically have permanent shield wall up vs raid mechanics while everyone else takes 100% damage rogues are taking 50% less when it matters you pop your 20%/30%/40% 1.5minute/3 minute cooldown to take less damage while a rogue just has to expend like 30 energy to take less damage from that big raidwide damage. how is this remotely fair? im sure we'd all love to spend some runic power/rage/maelstrom/mana/energy/chi etc etc to just take -50% less damage whenever we bloody feel like it.

blizzard create this issue by trying to prune defensives and mobility off classes, while some remain untouched and boom you're overpowered because you didn't get hit so hard by the prune.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-10-12 at 11:31 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pruning sure helped, didn't it?!

Being OP fotm is fun and all but is it really worth it when you feel you can't compete or are at least subpar the rest of the time? Let alone steamrolling people in pvp who just afk/ragequit when they see fotm coming their way?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    not really, just look at HFC where mages were left with 2 class trinkets, the mannoroth trinket proccing doom nova was nerfed for like 3 casters on PTR, yet on live it's doing 50% of arcane mages aoe damage, upto 25% of their single target, and what? it's too late to nerf it?

the trinket was USELESS for every fucking spec in the game except oh look mages! and blizzard are too fucking lazy to nerf it for mages or buff it to be useable by some other specs.

that's lazy shit balancing, basically once it's off the PTR they don't give a fuck, it's time to work on legion and let the 18 arcane mage dream 15 second kills happen.

you'll say oh but legion is better? ERM SURRENDER TO MADNESS? spriests basically fucking topping every fight in EN, whole talent completely broken to shit left to go on for months because hey it's not the PTR anymore we can't fix anything. thats the issue i have if it comes off the PTR broken as fuck there's a good chance it'll stay like that for 6 months.

and maybe now it's better right? LOL FEINT rogues basically have permanent shield wall up vs raid mechanics while everyone else takes 100% damage rogues are taking 50% less when it matters you pop your 20%/30%/40% 1.5minute/3 minute cooldown to take less damage while a rogue just has to expend like 30 energy to take less damage from that big raidwide damage. how is this remotely fair? im sure we'd all love to spend some runic power/rage/maelstrom/mana/energy/chi etc etc to just take -50% less damage whenever we bloody feel like it.

blizzard create this issue by trying to prune defensives and mobility off classes, while some remain untouched and boom you're overpowered because you didn't get hit so hard by the prune.
    I mean I understand you own a billion dollar video game company and all its AAA titles are perfectly balance which is where your merit is gained. No one is going to argue that.

Wait..

You just throw money at other people that do it and pretend to be great. Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I mean I understand you own a billion dollar video game company and all its AAA titles are perfectly balance which is where your merit is gained. No one is going to argue that.

Wait..

You just throw money at other people that do it and pretend to be great. Loser.
    so you had no counter argument just insults?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    I read that in the last dev QA and thought... have you played a prot paladin? Their active mit is a flat 50%+ damage reduction... how is that not a HUGE SURVIVABILITY difference?
    the last Q&A is the worst one i heard since ever, they almost were saying f8ck you we know what to do and u have to suck it up
    oh we know u need lot of random for a rpg-game, it is true we deleted many aspects of rpg like ranking spells or defense or many stats racials etc, but we keep the thing that makes u login the most : random loot
    and yeah we did publish flying as a big feature in legion, we forgot to mention it will be only for a mid-patch then F8CK you, and will still require lot of progress to unlock because again F8CK you
    seriously that was the most arrogant i ever saw since that a88 on twitter who complained that ppl are annoyed they are PAYING for gameplay they can't get during long maintenance hours early wod

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I feel like it got worse recently with them embracing "we won't interfere in mythic progression race" excuse.
    but they did interfere mid-race itself, they admitted that, a group used shadow priest to MC a mob, they literally made him immune asap, making a very nasty surprise to the next team that entered the mythic
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Well some people often think differently and quite often maths suggests otherwise. Considering the amount of re balancing they do Blizzard seem to think so to.
    LOL "math".
    As for other people thinking otherwise: that goes back to my initial post.

Everyone wants their class/spec to be the best at everything, its something blizzard knows and does a good enough job at keeping all specs viable for PvE(unless you are top 100 mythic guild)

Deleted
    I would like to see many updates like in League of Legends. I think it keeps the game fresh.
    For some reason they don't update the game that much in between major patches. Maybe its a new policy or maybe it's fear from feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Actually doing balance passes on the lower standing classes, and fixing scaling issues, and it'd be fine.

The problem right now is there is always a pack (usually the same specs too) that end up significantly behind because they scale like garbage. Blizzard fixes this by just giving them tiny buffs every 6+ months instead of fixing the underlying issues. Otherwise there is a pretty small gap between the general pack of specs nowadays (On single target raid bosses that is).

They could do with either homogenizing toolkits so people like spriest aren't literally worthless on aoe or burst, or they could go full in on everyone being unique, but right now too many specs can do everything while half the specs have a "niche" they don't even do the best, while lacking the tools to do any other thing (again see spriest).

Not at all biased here

Spriest should be uncontested on single target dps and/or spread mob cleave do to their complete lack of burst and aoe

Deleted
    Blizzard as a company need to stop making multiple changes when trying to address balance issues. It made me not want to play Guardian Druid anymore because it was reasonably likely Blizzard would push them from overpowered to underpowered. Fortunately that isn't the case but it completely destroyed any motivation to play a specc I really enjoyed.

or Too long didn't read: not very good.

I have never played any game, or even just a patch cycle of any game, ever, where the bulk of the players thought balancing was awesome (or even good).

Deleted
    LOL "math".
    As for other people thinking otherwise: that goes back to my initial post.
    You need to be careful Mr Finger. I realise you are having to defend Blizzard so according to you balance is spot on but they could re balance the game next week which you will also have to defend. You could end up in a real Fanboy quandary.