Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That's one of the many articles that lead to this potential conclusion. Regardless the logic used in that article is as sound as any of the logic Anita uses in her videos. Dismissing the articles premise is as bad as someone else dismissing Anita by saying "yea I don't rely on the word of girls who believe all sex is rape etc etc"
    Yes, and I am all sure from the same mindless circles that spew the same sexis anti women hating garbage, Oh but I know I am sure, there are women, that support it too.

As I said, I didn't find the link valid, I for sure don't find your views valid considering what you linked and who.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You mean like most if not all male action stars are at least in part defined by their sexuality and looks?
    You're aware that male gaze applies to men as well, right?

This is what is meant when people say misogyny harms men as well. The association of particular traits as feminine and thus bad generates "idealised" male characters that are defined solely by their physical prowess, capacity for violence, and how badly or disposably they treat the the significant people in their life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Imagine if she had screamed at the top of her lungs x-group should be exterminated. The same people would applaud her and call her ''uh murtyr of frah speech''

Even if you like very much A New Hope and someone comes and say this is a movie with stilted acting and bad dialogue, in addition that this is ''A LIE'', it's an [I]opinion
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-13 at 04:39 PM.

You want proof she's a troll and not actually doing any form of research into the stuff she talks about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbihPTgAql4

55 seconds in you will see if you have played the original Bayonetta and not just watched trailers

Oh this is a mirror video, people started calling her out on this and rather than address criticism or correct the record, she just deleted the video hoping it would go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Using "Tropes" is probably the stupidest way to critique anything.
    This is what I mean by media studies being a bit beyond your pale.

Oh, and by the way, "male gaze" literally dehumanizes Male perception to being a caricature.
    Considering you've demonstrated you know fuck all about what male gaze even is, I'm not going to take this point with any seriousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well that would depend on who it was that disagree with Anita, I agree some are valid, that really has nothing to do with the mountain of sexist bullshit that spews forth a lot of times especially from threads like this one. Which only exist to keep tabs on someone everyone basically hopes to echo chamber their agreement in hating.
    I'm gonna let you in on a secret. You're wrong.

I made this thread because one of my friends posted something in Discord. I hadn't heard of or from Anita in over a year.

I found this funny and came to a new conclusion that she has to be intentionally trolling people. And by the way, since you're the expert on these threads and why they're created, what have I said which is sexist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This is what I mean by media studies being a bit beyond your pale.

Considering you've demonstrated you know fuck all about what male gaze even is, I'm not going to take this point with any seriousness.
    I know plenty about Male Gaze.

It's a stupid Buzzword made up by Anita that shifts constantly according to what she finds sexist. Want to know the kicker? It is literally such collectivizing things into a little tickbox, like Tropes and all of her "Reasoning"

Never once does it even occur to her that "Male Gaze" is also "Female Gaze" and is actually just "What people find fucking attractive"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, she doesn't. All she does is Apply the same Feminist Lens to lambast any character ever. Bayonetta is a female character and that's sexist because Maybe Men find Feminine females attractive? That's utter retardation.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the point is it's supposed to be horrible and dehumanising to show how desperate Humanity is in the War against the Locust, Gears of War 1 was an extremely depressing and Dark setting.
    Wellll i get that but that is a seriously dark place to go .though not saying not gone similarly dark when writing and depressed..but still damn.. and i think it is the focus on those age ranges that gets me. Like not even a prime age around 16 is the peak of fertility abd safety for birth if i recall right. So maybe 14 but not all women even can reproduce at 11 or 12

15+ Year Old Account
    She's of course a troll, her like first episode of her original show was about how Lara Croft was the pinnacle of sexism in video games, even though she hadn't ever played any Tomb Raider game or watched someone else do a playthrough - but based on her ability to look at the cover and judge Lara solely by the size of her boobs, it was obviously objectifying women

15 minutes into her that episode I knew it and stopped giving her any serious consideration.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Third wave Feminist and "Intersectionality" are literally Marxist tactics based upon collectivism.
    Its far more related to general conflict theory than specifically the karl marx version of conflict theory(marxism) with a heavy focus on individual thoughts and feelings, specifically minority populations. The issue is, one person that is offended by anything outweighs any number of people people of the same demographic that is okay with said thing in the current world of 3rd wave. It is kind of the opposite of collectivism in that it over emphasizing certain opinions over the group. They are very aware that a great deal of a population might be okay with some thing, but they care more about the demographic that is offended than what the group might feel. By pointing out these "offensive" things, they hope to win over the group that doesn't really care or was okay with it before.

The only real thing current 3rd wave has with "marxism" is trying to "open the eyes" of the "oppressed" demographics to the truth, but that is in general conflict theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you're silly enough to define third wave feminism as a 'victim complex', sure. I'll simply point out that the arguments of 'victim complex' and 'X supremacy' have been lobbied against any and all social movements since forever. It's not 'civil rights' it's 'black supremacy'.
    Because third wave feminism isn't actually about equal rights. It's about perceived slights which should not be illegal. "Oh, a guy looked at me wrong! How terrible!"

People wanting cat-calling to be illegal because it triggers them. Yeah, that stuff is retarded.

Don't get me started on how neo-feminists are allying with Muslims, the most conservative group in the world. That's just hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    If I played Minecraft and told people the goal of the game was to kill a bunch of Muslims, would you be able to call that correct or incorrect? At a certain point you are indeed able to judge someone's opinion as "wrong," and Anita has proven many times that the way she interprets games is wrong.
    Well you are comparing two things that have nothing to do with each other to completely distract from the point that, Anita's view point about women in videos, is dead on, everything from hookers in GTA to Strippers in Hitman, or any other shit load of the same exact cookie cutter low rent overly sexual female characters that seem to have nothing else to offer of value.

In fact I would go so far as to say her arguments often have been hijacked as a way of suggesting women shouldn't be in games or anything at all because it's tokenism. Which in a backwards ass way they make Anita's point. So across the board the slights against Anita, are bullshit without specific context.

And as for certain sources they simply aren't credible at all. They did it to themselves thanks to the fanaticism I mentioned. This one brilliant woman rolling a shit load of sexist trolls and anti feminist women haters.

Yeah I think what she had done is brilliant.

Deleted
    You want to sum up Anita?

Replace "Gun" With Feminism.

Here is every opinion Anita gives ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I'm gonna let you in on a secret. You're wrong.

I made this thread because one of my friends posted something in Discord. I hadn't heard of or from Anita in over a year.

I found this funny and came to a new conclusion that she has to be intentionally trolling people. And by the way, since you're the expert on these threads and why they're created, what have I said which is sexist?
    Going to let you in on a even bigger secret, that isn't how that works at all. I am not wrong, my view of her is just as valid as any other opinion and as far as the facts are concerned, I AM RIGHT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wellll i get that but that is a seriously dark place to go .though not saying not gone similarly dark when writing and depressed..but still damn.. and i think it is the focus on those age ranges that gets me. Like not even a prime age around 16 is the peak of fertility abd safety for birth if i recall right. So maybe 14 but not all women even can reproduce at 11 or 12
    Yeah, it's nasty shit. I mean remember the Gears of War trailer was fucking MAD WORLD.

For frack sake, for people that cry about change to the third phase of the seventh boss of T2 of Expansion V, some people really struggle with criticism

7+ Year Old Account
    Going to let you in on a even bigger secret, that isn't how that works at all. I am not wrong, my view of her is just as valid as any other opinion and as far as the facts are concerned, I AM RIGHT.
    What fucking facts are you referring to?

Deleted
    You know, Fundamentally, you can destroy all of Anitas arguments by the simple phrase

"Why is the Male Gaze Problematic exactly if both women and Men seem to enjoy the games it produces?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    My favorite part of her history by far is when she was criticizing the DOOM trailer at E3 for being so violent... But then that picture she always uses of her video game collection had fucking doom in it rofl.

That's pretty undeniable proof she is either faking it or is a troll.
    Nono, you're just a sexist. Anita is a brilliant woman and her opinions gave me unbelievable insight into proper feminism.

10+ Year Old Account
    So being overly dramatic about someone whose views are different than yours and challenges your view?
    No i enjoy being challenged. But alot of modern identity politics and gender theory is just mind numbingly bad and unfeasable to work with a group as varied as welll any grouo really except maybe stones. Life is not so static as to be broken down this easily and find a valid solution.

It also often ignored things like disabilities and favors groupings over individualism which i find distateful and repugnant in part to that philosophy leading to greater intolerance abd as we are seeing in some colleges a sort of self enforged segregation and censorship.

Overall it breeds hatred focuses so much on our differences it makes it near impossible to transcend them as opposed to focusing on our similarities abd uniting the people.

To put it simply it is a social red herring imo