Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    My cpu never died but should i do it when i get the chance...is it worth it or not really?

i was going to OC to 4.9 or 5GHz when i get one again and my cooler is going to be corsair h80i v2
    Thats probably as much as the H80i can handle. It just comes down to how much heat dissipation area there is, and even with a double thickk rad, its still only 120mm

My cpu never died but should i do it when i get the chance...is it worth it or not really?

i was going to OC to 4.9 or 5GHz when i get one again and my cooler is going to be corsair h80i v2
    It all depends on what you want to reach, i would personally start of without delidding. If you reach a OC thats satisfies for you for 24/7 use without delidding then be happy with it. I would personnally only a delid a cpu if i see that its thermal bound while still running at a pretty low voltage and see that it might have a high OC potential due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Not to be a dick here but...

It's getting hammered and honestly... I agree with most of it.
    Spent the better part of today dealing with the case myself, it's a steaming pile of garbage. But it still looks amazing, and returning it is too much of a hassle. It's a hot mess right now, I won't be pulling the GPU from my old system until tomorrow, too tired to do more. As such I'm saving the CPU installation for tomorrow as well. But the motherboard is all wired up and ready to go and the rad and fans are all installed.

Most of my time today has been spent dealing with it's defects, such as the chassis mounting holes for the extra bracket to install triple front fans are misaligned, rendering the bracket useless, and figuring out a fan setup that will overcome the restricted front 200mm fans. Also, the case can mount 200mm fans up top as well, but only if you remove the mounting rail for radiators and other fans.

So to increase airflow I've installed my CLC280 in the top as a push intake. That puts those top mounted fans as close as possible to the top venting, but there is nothing blocking those cutouts like with the 200mm fans in the front. I still like the look of the 200mm RGB fans in the front, so behind them I've installed two 2000rpm high static pressure EK Vardar fans. Won't run them all the way at 2000rpm, but being SP they should force what air the 200mm fans do breathe in and push it through the case. I did a hack job mounting the fans in a top and mid position, the top being secured by just 2 bottom screws and zip ties since the mounting bracket required for normal installation is useless. The second fan is right below that pointing directly towards the GPU. (Even if the bracket could mount straight, it has a metal tab facing the inside of the case, making it 100% impossible to actually mount anything to it unless you cut it off with a dremel.)

With that config, souped up front intake and top intake via the rad, the only exhaust fan is the stock 1200rpm rear fan that comes with the case. It's not PMW so it will run at 1200rpm all the time. All of that should create a positive pressure environment within the case. Causing air to push out of any gaps, like the TG side panel, and prevent dust from being sucked in.

The only place dust can get sucked in is the extra metal mesh they added to the case since Computex, Steve refers to it in his video. It fills the gap between the chassis and the removable front panel and is poorly attached to the front of the chassis. If you go to lift from the front bottom of the case, you'll snap it right off. The problem dust wise is they did not cover that metal mesh with a dust filter like they did on all the intake cutouts on the removeable front and top panels. The mesh will catch larger particles, but that's it.

If you look at the front of the case there in the video still, you'll see the grey plastic bottom. Behind that is the unfiltered metal mesh I'm referring to. It basically sucks air in from underneath the case. What they should have done is make the bottom piece on the front panel filtered metal mesh, mirroring how that same angle on the panel is at the very top, and made the bottom front of the actual chassis solid. All of this, and even more detail and pics, will be in a thread I make to showcase my completed build.

I also found a hack to stick one of the SSD sleds under the PSU shroud, directly on top the HDD cage. The cage is a reused part from the rest of the Master Case series and support the SSD sled bolting directly to it. They just don't tell you it can work that way in the manual. Works out better in terms of cable routing of my SATA SSD and 2 HDD are all in the same location. Instead of attaching the SSD to the top of the PSU shroud or mounting it to the rear case panel beneath the CPU.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-10-11 at 06:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a dick here but...

It's getting hammered and honestly... I agree with most of it.
    but it is sexy

But yeah after watching this revue, I would look for something better for that price with build quality.

but it does look really nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    but it is sexy

But yeah after watching this revue, I would look for something better for that price with build quality.

but it does look really nice.
    I was considering this case in the first place depending on if they could execute it right.
    Ever since owning a HAF 932 (original) I am seriously spoiled in regards to airflow and ease to build in.

But having said that if they'd improve the clipping system (not this garbage ass modularity crap) to have a fully mesh and filtered front panel and just plain mesh on top (not even filtered) and actually clip it tight properly along with being able to replace the TG with a standard side panel... I'd be sold.

Because of the crap they pulled with this I'm likely to go with a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX and have a company in Germany mod the top and front panels for increasing airflow thereby fixing the biggest weakness that the Evolv ATX had and making it look cool.
    (https://www.gosumodz.com/EVOLV-CNC-Service - Custom jobs are accepted and filters or mesh can be attached)

It's a shame too really... I really did like the look and cable hiding features of that case.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Welp, 5.0 on my 8700k is not happening anytime soon.

Oh well, 4.8 is fine.
    Thermals or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Welp, 5.0 on my 8700k is not happening anytime soon.

Oh well, 4.8 is fine.
    Honestly...my day to day overclock is whatever I can adjust the multiplier to that is stable without having to adjust any other setting. I figure 4.8 even on a good chip is what I will run. I like to keep it cool and I can't imagine the 4.8 vs 5.0 difference is very significant in gaming. I will make sure to get a good 3600mhz oc on the ram though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Honestly...my day to day overclock is whatever I can adjust the multiplier to that is stable without having to adjust any other setting. I figure 4.8 even on a good chip is what I will run. I like to keep it cool and I can't imagine the 4.8 vs 5.0 difference is very significant in gaming. I will make sure to get a good 3600mhz oc on the ram though.
    Did you go for the RAM I suggested?
    That RAM is apparently the best kit you can go for and it having tangible benefits as you can clock that RAM @ 3466 with CL14 or even CL13 on base 1.35V

Here's some surprising videos you should see in the order posted:
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yp7Pi39Z8
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--iuQhujqI

Some good gains.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

Did you go for the RAM I suggested?
    That RAM is apparently the best kit you can go for and it having tangible benefits as you can clock that RAM @ 3466 with CL14 or even CL13 on base 1.35V

Here's some surprising videos you should see in the order posted:
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yp7Pi39Z8
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--iuQhujqI

Some good gains.
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I want to make sure that when I get my processors is within a 30 day window of getting the other equipment in case of returns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I want to make sure that when I get my processors is within a 30 day window of getting the other equipment in case of returns.
    I literally JUST got an e-mail (like 3 minutes ago) telling me my 8700K is on it's way to me
    But I really kinda don't want to use this GigaByte board I've got and wait till the Maximus X Code...

What to do... what to do.

I literally JUST got an e-mail (like 3 minutes ago) telling me my 8700K is on it's way to me
    But I really kinda don't want to use this GigaByte board I've got and wait till the Maximus X Code...

i'd wait and return the board to be fair or use it and not go for the code or only go for the code if this board is going to be really bad. Using this board now would be quite a writeoff i reckon if you need to sell it second hand. And seeing you already made some posts about not having to much cash on hand at the moment......

However, you had the Z370 Gaming 7 right? If so, it seems to be the top rated board atm VRM wise at Overclock.net at this moment ( http://www.overclock.net/t/1638955/z...cussion-thread , open the comments on the first post ) so it might not be "as cheap" as it feels.

You probably just got a mediocre CPU, that simply can't get there without immense voltage increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    i'd wait and return the board to be fair or use it and not go for the code or only go for the code if this board is going to be really bad. Using this board now would be quite a writeoff i reckon if you need to sell it second hand. And seeing you already made some posts about not having to much cash on hand at the moment......

However, you had the Z370 Gaming 7 right? If so, it seems to be the top rated board atm VRM wise at Overclock.net at this moment ( http://www.overclock.net/t/1638955/z...cussion-thread , open the comments on the first post ) so it might not be "as cheap" as it feels.
    I don't doubt it's better than it "feels" and I'm probably going to return it.
    But I've also been without a PC for 3 weeks and it's driving me insane as well as the fact I don't know when the ASUS Maximus X Code comes out.

My normal class of PC I used to build was always HEDT but due to more limited funds it's going to be consumer class for me but I kinda don't want to skimp on motherboard grade.. DAMN YOU ASUS, WHERE'S THAT FKING BOARD? > : (

15+ Year Old Account

this is what I do, take a quarter, tales you wait, heads you build. Works every time, no regrets!

whered u order he 8700k from?

Alternate i believe he said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Alternate i believe he said.
    That would indeed be correct, I ordered it from Alternate.nl because they had a glitch in their system and opened up the pre-order to early.
    I noticed the glitch and got the pre-order in far earlier than should've been, was the first pre-order (I confirmed by calling) and told em it was open when it shouldn't be yet, they fixed it within 3 minutes after my call.

So yeah :P

According to PostNL it should be arriving with a huge margin between 14:00 and 16:30... I fucking hate those time gaps.

10+ Year Old Account

You lucky, lucky bastard.

I choked when the 8700 non K and 8600K were available for order on Newegg and actually in stock in that 10 minute window on the morning of the 5th and couldn't decide which one I wanted.

I decided on an 8600k and got an order in about 30 minutes after they were available for backorder, so I should be pretty close to the front of the queue.

All of the other hardware arrived this week, so it's just waiting.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    You lucky, lucky bastard.

I choked when the 8700 non K and 8600K were available for order on Newegg and actually in stock in that 10 minute window on the morning of the 5th and couldn't decide which one I wanted.

I decided on an 8600k and got an order in about 30 minutes after they were available for backorder, so I should be pretty close to the front of the queue.

All of the other hardware arrived this week, so it's just waiting.
    Well I'm going to be a masochist it seems because I don't want the GigaByte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 board.
    I'm going to return it and wait for the Maximus X Code ... and no idea how I'm going to last till it gets here.

I'm likely to go completely-off-the-wall-bat-shit-crazy waiting till then though but... I just don't want it/feel dirty using GigaByte boards.
    In the past I've had way too much random issues mostly caused by BIOS glitches than hardware and I just can't shake that experience.

I am however going to ninja the € 40,- STEAM gift cards

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm going to be a masochist it seems because I don't want the GigaByte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 board.
    I'm going to return it and wait for the Maximus X Code ... and no idea how I'm going to last till it gets here.

I'm likely to go completely-off-the-wall-bat-shit-crazy waiting till then though but... I just don't want it/feel dirty using GigaByte boards.
    In the past I've had way too much random issues mostly caused by BIOS glitches than hardware and I just can't shake that experience.

I am however going to ninja the € 40,- STEAM gift cards
    My 2500k system died 6 months ago, so I'm really wanting a system better than this potato laptop. I went with the ASRock Extreme4. From what it sounds like I made a smart choice by not going with ASUS since their boards are having vdroop/llc issues.

When I bought my 1080 last week I noticed the amount charged was $60 lower than it should have been, then a $60 charge appeared for the game so it evened out. They must do that so if you return what you bought you can't stiff them for the game.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset