Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    is Mike Pence a better alternative or will they impeach everybody and their grandma to get to the real competent people in line of succession ?
    What's better?:

- A neurotic ignoramus figurehead president who is reducing his party of social scavengers to shambles

...or replace him with,

- An intelligent, politically savvy committed Christian dominionist cultist and create a minority government that the far right and Christian fascists have sought for decades

This is what you get when the "other side" (Democrats) sell out the party to Wall St. as Clinton & his Citibank buddy Robert Rubin did in the 90s, and offer no real alternative to the lunatic right-wing.

It's like choosing between Caligula and Nero, or Attila the Hun and Ghengis Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And Ben Shaprio is nothing more than Fast Food Conservatism. Fit for the rubes.
    Ben Shapiro is a fucking shameless race-baiting piece of shit, profiting from selling slop and swill to the real swine, but yeah he doesn't rate up there with the neo-nazis quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    What's better?:

- A neurotic ignoramus figurehead president who is reducing his party of social scavengers to shambles

...or replace him with,

- An intelligent, politically savvy committed Christian dominionist cultist and create a minority government that the far right and Christian fascists have sought for decades

This is what you get when the "other side" (Democrats) sell out the party to Wall St. as Clinton & his Citibank buddy Robert Rubin did in the 90s, and offer no real alternative to the lunatic right-wing.

It's like choosing between Caligula and Nero, or Attila the Hun and Ghengis Khan.
    Thank you. Atleast someone realizes a Pence presidency would be adored by the people they supposedly want to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Thank you. Atleast someone realizes a Pence presidency would be adored by the people they supposedly want to shut down.
    Pence would be vastly more capable at navigating the channels of government, and potentially more dangerous as a result in terms of implementing bad policy.

However, he's also nowhere near as unhinged and randomly explosive, so you're far less likely to get a nuclear war from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Pence would be vastly more capable at navigating the channels of government, and potentially more dangerous as a result in terms of implementing bad policy.

However, he's also nowhere near as unhinged and randomly explosive, so you're far less likely to get a nuclear war from him.
    Okay. I get this strange sensation there's a ton of people that have to be alerted before a nuclear strike can even be planned, let alone go forward. Not that there is a button labeled "Nukes" on the desk.

Trump is a loud and aggressive dog that everyone knows to keep on a leash. Pence is a well behaved one that waits for you to go to work before eating your cat.

10+ Year Old Account

So a choice between possible (but unlikely) physical annihilation and further economic and social ruin, or just further economic and social ruin (austerity)?

I'll take "False Choices" for $400, Alex.

What's better?:

...or replace him with,

I don't think anyone thinks Pence would be a good president. But Pence isn't going to be running off his mouth at every turn undermining his administration, destroying the country's credibility, insulting our allies, taunting our enemies, and pissing away every reputation gain our country has made over the last fifty years.

Deleted
    I love Trump, so much winning in this thread

Looking forward to his second term, and then Ivanka as the first female POTUS. The dynasty has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post

Looking forward to his second term, and then Ivanka as the first female POTUS. The dynasty has begun.
    Weren't political family dynasties one of the parts of "the swamp" that Trump and his supporters railed against?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Weren't political family dynasties one of the parts of "the swamp" that Trump and his supporters railed against?
    Yes. Political dynasties are horrible.

/Cough

Deleted
    No, they weren't.

She's gonna be FLOTUS first, once Melania divorces Trump for fucking his daughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks Pence would be a good president. But Pence isn't going to be running off his mouth at every turn undermining his administration, destroying the country's credibility, insulting our allies, taunting our enemies, and pissing away every reputation gain our country has made over the last fifty years.
    Given Pence's far right proclivities, with ample help from a Congress that is a fully-owned subsidiary of corporatists, he could be even worse than that. A more palatable but covert crazy (like Shrub's & Darth's "compassionate conservatism"?) instead of an overt crazy.

BTW, the U.S. traded in its white hats "good reputation" since the Vietnam War.

Deleted
    She's gonna be FLOTUS first, once Melania divorces Trump for fucking his daughter.
    Wow, you have a...strange....imagination.

Given Pence's far right proclivities, with ample help from a Congress that is a fully-owned subsidiary of corporatists, he could be even worse than that. A more palatable but covert crazy (like Shrub's & Darth's "compassionate conservatism"?) instead of an overt crazy.

BTW, the U.S. traded in its white hats "good reputation" since the Vietnam War.
    What are you talking about? They love is in Asia.
    And Africa.
    And South America.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why people spend so much time fantasizing about Trump even being naked. Much less having incestual sex.

You believe Trump is doing a good job. Your imagination wins.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I don't know why people spend so much time fantasizing about Trump even being naked. Much less having incestual sex.
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/73fxht...g-his-daughter

Because it's funny to laugh at all the times Trump has made comments that imply that he wants to fuck his daughter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You believe Trump is doing a good job. Your imagination wins.
    It's pretty obvious he is doing an outstanding job - that has nothing to do with my imagination.

I find it funny that you would suggest that given that this entire thread is predicated on an "imaginary friend" that Robert Reich does not name. Oh well.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/73fxht...g-his-daughter

Because it's funny to laugh at all the times Trump has made comments that imply that he wants to fuck his daughter.
    It's funny. But it's reaching "Republicans talking about gay sex more than gay people" levels with some people. Disturbing.

So does Donald:

"Although she (Ivanka) does have a very nice figure. I've said that if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her."
    - The President of the United States of America
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.