Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still better than Naga.

IF (super big if) murlocs were to become playable, would you guys rather have them neutral, horde or ally? I feel like if they had to shove them in a faction they would make more sense in the alliance as they bring a more tribal feel that the horde already has and the whole darkspear situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmbane View Post
    Yes. I can see them in light expansion with South Sea and pirates themes.
    Yeah, some pirate south sea xpac would work perfectly for a light hearted xpac w/ dark undertones.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    IF (super big if) murlocs were to become playable, would you guys rather have them neutral, horde or ally? I feel like if they had to shove them in a faction they would make more sense in the alliance as they bring a more tribal feel that the horde already has and the whole darkspear situation.
    Murloc for Alliance and Naga for Horde. Two seas races. Why? Because Night Elves will never allow Naga for Alliance. I don't like neutral races.

Murloc for Alliance and Naga for Horde. Two seas races. Why? Because Night Elves will never allow Naga for Alliance. I don't like neutral races.
    I like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see murlocs as playable but I think this is all a mis-direct, so sad

Inb4 the following scenario; the blood of Azeroth transforming murlocs into extremely intelligent beings or at least more intelligent than they are now.

One well transformed dark trolls into night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Murlocs on the Alliance works best.

But seriously, they'd have to give the Horde something equally ridiculous. I couldn't imagine the uproar if they gave the Alliance meme fish people and gave the Horde some badass like Vrykul or Ethereal.

Murlocs would give the Alliance a tribal, shamanistic race which they don't have. It'd open doors for Ally options if Blizz ever created a class like... witch doctor or shadow hunter or oracle, something like that.

The more I thought about it and the more I played Hearthstone, playable Murlocs wouldn't be -horrible-, but they're going to need a LOT of fresh lore and heightened intelligence. Sir Mrrglton-style of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

But seriously, they'd have to give the Horde something equally ridiculous. I couldn't imagine the uproar if they gave the Alliance meme fish people and gave the Horde some badass like Vrykul or Ethereal.

Murlocs would give the Alliance a tribal, shamanistic race which they don't have. It'd open doors for Ally options if Blizz ever created a class like... witch doctor or shadow hunter or oracle, something like that.

The more I thought about it and the more I played Hearthstone, playable Murlocs wouldn't be -horrible-, but they're going to need a LOT of fresh lore and heightened intelligence. Sir Mrrglton-style of intelligence.
    I feel like ogres would be a good counter. Many people have been wanting them for a while due to their RTS roots and I feel like they are on evenly memeful levels of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Gnolls or Kobolds?

I'd love to see murlocs, gorlocs, and frenzyheart as playable races. The only problem is that after such greatness hits, where can they go next?

Gnolls or Kobolds?
    I actually would not mind either of these. Maybe moreso gnolls. I think I'm done with all the emo, world-is-over, edgelord stuff that is DHs.

I wouldn't mind, though it's kind of a long shot. Lighthearted races are always more welcome, in my book. Plus, we've seen in various sources that murlocs can be almost any class, like shamans, rogues, warriors, hunters, warlocks, demons hunters, paladins, priests, etc. They have been a bit deceptive about their intelligence, mentioned by Brann that they're smarter than they appear - plus Finley is pretty smart.

Hell, we even know what their racial mount could be - giant frogs.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

No, Murlocs can't be the next playable race. I said in feb about the work we have been doing with Murky, and what if he leads his Murklocs as the next playable race. And I was basically called an idiot.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.