Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    This kind of thing shouldn't be legal until the patient is 18.
    Yes, because every single person in the history of the world matures at exactly the same time, at 18.

Nobody ever made stupid decisions at or after the day they turned 18. Everyone is perfectly responsible and capable for themselves upon turning this magical age.

You people are a joke.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Well that's... odd. Who in their right mind would intend such an outcome? Nonetheless, I apologize if it came off that way.
    I guess it's good to have any possible misunderstandings cleared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    "male children shouldn't be legal until they are 18"

Literally how dumb the argument was.
    Strawmaning is an even dumber argument. Surgery on a minor to determine gender when the gender is questionable shouldn't be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Yes, because every single person in the history of the world matures at exactly the same time, at 18.

Nobody ever made stupid decisions at or after the day they turned 18. Everyone is perfectly responsible and capable for themselves upon turning this magical age.

You people are a joke.
    At 18 they are legally capable of making their own decisions without a parent's authorization. Their decision, not someone else making it for them as in the case in the OP. That is what matters here. What they want when they are legally capable of making their own decision.

Essentially all hospitals fail intersex children.
    There is usually no therapist involved, when determing, what surgery should be done, mostly because they are done, when a child is to young, to even talk. If they are lucky, it is up to the parents, to decide, weather a surgery should take place or not.
    Sometimes parents aren't even asked for their consent before performing that surgery. And the decission, which "genetalia" should be removed is pretty vague. Mostly it is based on "hat looks more developed" or what is easier to perform. With noone asking the child, what he or she would prefer, which leads when the kid grows up to complicated situations, in case you removed the wrong organs, without asking,and messing up the person's hormones.
    And finally there is social pressure, since most nations require, to write a gender into the birth certificate, with no "neutral option" essentially forcing doctors and parents to make a decission, what gender the child will have, on very vague guesses.

Deleted
    Strawmaning is an even dumber argument. Surgery on a minor to determine gender when the gender is questionable shouldn't be legal.

At 18 they are legally capable of making their own decisions without a parent's authorization. Their decision, not someone else making it for them as in the case in the OP. That is what matters here. What they want when they are legally capable of making their own decision.
    Educate yourself on INTERSEX please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Educate yourself on INTERSEX please
    https://www.google.com/search?source...91.nyhsyXAsQ1w

And this has what to do with my argument?

Deleted
    https://www.google.com/search?source...91.nyhsyXAsQ1w

And this has what to do with my argument?
    Some intersex require surgery immediately due to future and potential dangerous complications later on

Some intersex require surgery immediately due to future and potential dangerous complications later on
    I guess, none says anything gainst that... However, some others don't but a surgery is performed anyway, so the child fits one gender. Now if you remove the "wrong ones" you have done a major fuck up. So IMO if not risky, you should wait for the kid, to make that decission him/ herself, not based on some vague guesses, since you can cause an enormous clusterfuck for the child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how you left that part out of you opening post dude. Literally half of it was how one guy's life was fucked up because his parents made the wrong decision on which gender he should be. Based on that information I formed an opinion on how surgery of this nature should only be allowed when the patient is legally able to make their own decisions.

Deleted
    Funny how you left that part out of you opening post dude. Literally half of it was how one guy's life was fucked up because his parents made the wrong decision on which gender he should be. Based on that information I formed an opinion on how surgery of this nature should only be allowed when the patient is legally able to make their own decisions.
    Thus why I said GO EDUCATE YOURSELF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So you want to make the 99% suffer because of the 1%? You sound a lot like Trump
    Are you high? We're not performing sex changes on 99%

Why should a hospital be providing mental care over a therapists office exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thus why I said GO EDUCATE YOURSELF
    Which is why I'm in your thread. To learn this shit. Saying "go educate yourself" when YOU start a topic is lazy as hell. I read your opening post, I make a comment, you comment on my opinion and we learn something. Why should I waste my time scouring the internet for something I don't know I'm looking for when you already have that info here?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why should a hospital be providing mental care over a therapists office exactly?
    Appearantly they don't even recommend visit a therapist, or wait, but perform the surgeries on very vague guesses, regardless, of age or what the child would have to say on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Appearantly they don't even recommend visit a therapist, or wait, but perform the surgeries on very vague guesses, regardless, of age or what the child would have to say on that matter.
    Its a child it never has a say in the matter.

Source? I don't expect to hear back from you.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Its a child it never has a say in the matter.
    So, you are ok, with parents making life changing decissions for their child, without waiting for even ask the child, that might cripple the child for a lifetime? If not, that's the entire point of the article.
    The doctors and to some extend the parents made this man's life miserable, because of performing such a surgery, based on vague guesses.

The outrage over teenagers, wanting to get treated because of gender identity appears to be always quite load. But by perfoming such a surgery on babies... Nothing.

Source? I don't expect to hear back from you.
    Read the article. They performed that surgery on a baby. Who is to young to talk or anything. They didn't tell the parents to wait, till the child can speak for himself, and consultate a therapist. They just performed the surgery and told the parents, to treat him as a girl, which lead to the entire problem.
    And the vague guesses are vague, because you don'T know, what the kids identity is. They just guess it on what looks more developed, or which is easier to remove, and usually on very young ages, like in that case, long before they can speak.
    It is essentially a repeated Reimer experiment, which didn't work out either.
    Last edited by josykay; 2017-10-13 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote we use that pit for malformed babies like in 300
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I vote we use that pit for malformed babies like in 300
    You are not funny, hope you never have children.

So, you are ok, with parents making life changing decissions for their child, without waiting for even ask the child, that might cripple the child for a lifetime? If not, that's the entire point of the article.
    The doctors and to some extend the parents made this man's life miserable, because of performing such a surgery, based on vague guesses.

The outrage over teenagers, wanting to get treated because of gender identity appears to be always quite load. But by perfoming such a surgery on babies... Nothing.

Read the article. They performed that surgery on a baby. Who is to young to talk or anything. They didn't tell the parents to wait, till the child can speak for himself, and consultate a therapist. They just performed the surgery and told the parents, to treat him as a girl, which lead to the entire problem.
    And the vague guesses are vague, because you don'T know, what the kids identity is. They just guess it on what looks more developed, or which is easier to remove, and usually on very young ages, like in that case, long before they can speak.
    It is essentially a repeated Reimer experiment, which didn't work out either.
    Not really no but I don't see a point in using words anymore simply wait till the anger builds and force fixes the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartide_ysera View Post
    You are not funny, hope you never have children.
    5 boys, 1 girl, all successful in their fields/business so sorry
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.