Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    they should be perm bans or at least wipe the account clean of achievement/mount/character/pets
    They used to ban the account, and any account connected to the payment method.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    In the meantime RMT/boosting is still being done. Sharing Accounts is still being done. Duping is still a thing and Jaylock still isn't permabanned here.
    Let's not use the rules too harshly else we might lose some of our beloved high end Raiders/PvP players.
    And what the hell does a random poster on a forum site have to do with ingame bans?

At least stick to the topic at hand rather than derailing please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    That's nice, would be nicer If Blizz looked at the fake-casualties that get caught In such bans who never actually botted or did anything against WoW's terms and reevaluated them. But nooo, that'd actually take effort and time. Just let them stay banned for a couple of years and forgotten In the pit of the banned, cause It surely doesn't matter that veteran players are getting banned for no reason and are worth like 100 casual subscribers.

But I suppose at least they're doing something, botting Is bad and I still can't understand people arguing that you should be able to, surely It's like typing TGM In Skyrim and just killing everything one shot, as In, you get bored very quickly cause you broke the game, not the games fault.

Imean really, people raid and use bots for that shiz? Why are you raiding then? You get better and quicker gear from running stupid Mythic+ which Is ten times easier, you just press W and spam AoE damage/healing abilities. It's menth for getting gear for casuals that can't be bothered to be social, have a guild or learn complex raid tactics, surely that's heaven for bot users. since Legion Is so anti-hardcore these days, and raids seem like an after thought In terms of mechanics and difficulty, I mean look at KJ he was an overpowered joke.
    Thank god you're still banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They used to ban the account, and any account connected to the payment method.
    That was before people started leaving WoW left and right because Blizz steadily fucked it up. Now they give suspensions but the botters just go to their other accts. or make new accts.

It's about money since Blizz sees gold botters/farmers as taking money from them. They don't mind so much the others. Anyone who doubts this hasn't played RBGs.

Acti/Blizz is just another big corporation that puts profits before people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Not if you give them permission to do it. And you have done that, in order to log in and play. If you did not give permission, you would not be able to completely log in and play.
    Doesn't matter what TOS/EULA you accept, These are not LAW, Blizzard tried something similar back in the early days of WoW and got into a whole bunch of legal trouble over privacy laws and ended up removing it.

As for banwave, It really doesn't matter to dedicated botters, It's just a new account every 6months and they start again making far more money then they ever spend on accounts.
    Last edited by kenoathcarn; 2017-10-13 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    In the meantime RMT/boosting is still being done. Sharing Accounts is still being done. Duping is still a thing and Jaylock still isn't permabanned here.
    Let's not use the rules too harshly else we might lose some of our beloved high end Raiders/PvP players.
    This stuff is all automated. Warden (Blizzards anti-cheat) detects a hack running and logs it for later action.

Its a lot easier to do then individually track down RMT/Boosting and having more proof then a forum post they can't 100% prove links to a certain battle.net account.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/g4sUrxZ.png

The whining is always funny.

Haha this is gold. Justice can hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    I'm pretty damn sure that doing that is very illegal.
    Every time this thread comes up, there's some uninformed person that thinks that the ToS is some binding legal contract that gives you the right to sign away your rights to Blizzard for access to their game. This isn't true- stop perpetuating this nonsense. The Terms of Service is just a contract that says they can limit access for any reason, then lists those reasons. This is a legal catchall for them, so the people they ban for whatever reason can't take them to court.

However, just because a company asks you to sign an agreement for service, you cannot sign away any of your protected rights to that company- even if you agree to allow the company to perform actions that would otherwise be illegal, they are still illegal. Scanning outside of the WoW process is very much not allowed within the United States, the UK, Australia and most of Europe- and would bring a massive breach of privacy lawsuit. They can however search for anything that interacts with the WoW process or processes.

That said, even if they managed to scan outside of the WoW process, the burden of proof would still be on the person that got banned, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume the average WoW players isn't in a position to financially challenge the Blizzard Legal team.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    Doesn't matter what TOS/EULA you accept, These are not LAW, Blizzard tried something similar back in the early days of WoW and got into a whole bunch of legal trouble over privacy laws and ended up removing it.

As for banwave, It really doesn't matter to dedicated botters, It's just a new account every 6months and they start again making far more money then they ever spend on accounts.
    Those 10 dollar b.net boxes.

Funny how these banwaves always happen before or just after a recent xpac sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Thank god you're still banned
    Banned for 2 years and still posts on a fan site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Lol. That hasnt been a real thing for almost 2 years. Do you even play the game?
    Yep started again two weeks ago

Deleted
    Ahh, feels good when nobody in your guild ever gets banned from any of these banwaves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I havea guildie that got banned for using Tmorph or whatever it is. Thing is, he only used it TWICE and it was to check how his character would look like with the gear when he changed his race. He did change his race twice after using it also.
    Are you sure that he told you the whole story? I have never heard of anyone getting banned for using only tMorph.

OT: Good. Every single player who used bots and got banned had it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Sad about guilds who lost some of their core members 'feelsbadman'.
    Guilds as a rule do nothing much to stop it and in fact raiding culture encourages it to some degree. No sadness here.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but IMO it's too much work, when they could implement one button and a race selection for you to check how you might look.
    Downloading and using a third party program is less work than simply making a new character and using the dressing room? C'mon, do you really buy that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Are you sure that he told you the whole story? I have never heard of anyone getting banned for using only tMorph.
    I wonder what about the dozens of pvp streamers, lots of them used tmorph with no shame (since it was clearly visible on the stream, especially with shamans and druids changed to male undead or female blood elf), I would really hope if they started banning for this streamers aren't "above the law" just for being streamers.

Anyway when I wanted to race change a character I just made a class trial of the new race to test the transmog and animations, and as someone suggested, PTR is a good place for it too (I'm too lazy to install PTR just for that), using external programs that modify the game is the most risky option. I've used model viewer in the past, which didn't affect anything in game, just read game files and loaded the models into a preview tool, however at some point it started having bugs with oversized shoulders and other broken stuff, so I uninstalled it. No idea if it's functional nowadays.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-10-14 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but IMO it's too much work, when they could implement one button and a race selection for you to check how you might look.
    You can do that with mogit... it's an addon that lets you see what your character would look in a dressing room as any race/gender combo.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Every time this thread comes up, there's some uninformed person that thinks that the ToS is some binding legal contract that gives you the right to sign away your rights to Blizzard for access to their game. This isn't true- stop perpetuating this nonsense. The Terms of Service is just a contract that says they can limit access for any reason, then lists those reasons. This is a legal catchall for them, so the people they ban for whatever reason can't take them to court.

However, just because a company asks you to sign an agreement for service, you cannot sign away any of your protected rights to that company- even if you agree to allow the company to perform actions that would otherwise be illegal, they are still illegal. Scanning outside of the WoW process is very much not allowed within the United States, the UK, Australia and most of Europe- and would bring a massive breach of privacy lawsuit. They can however search for anything that interacts with the WoW process or processes.

That said, even if they managed to scan outside of the WoW process, the burden of proof would still be on the person that got banned, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume the average WoW players isn't in a position to financially challenge the Blizzard Legal team.
    Thank you! Apparently people here think Blizzards TOS trumps our protected rights. Then they call someone stupid (even thought they are wrong). You have to love the walking brain dead.

Thank you! Apparently people here think Blizzards TOS trumps our protected rights. Then they call someone stupid (even thought they are wrong). You have to love the walking brain dead.
    so... Virus/Malware scanners violate peoples rights?

lol protected rights, you have none blizzard doesn't give a shit, billionaires > your rights, billion dollar companies > your rights.

seriously commit a crime as a broke man, commit same crime as a billionaire, do you really expect to get the same sentence?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...n_wave_101217/

I love when this happens. GG Blizzard.

Sad about guilds who lost some of their core members 'feelsbadman'.
    It's not sad at all. Guilds need to be pickier about their players and not take players who blatantly break the rules.