Poll: $1,000,000 USD for 4 Rounds... With Mike Tyson.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    A magical unicorn and then you wake up.

Remember your not fighting for your life or going to kill him. This is boxing.
    The guy is old and there is a reason boxers retire young. I know how to give and take a hit, I'd say I have a 30% chance of winning.

i dont think some of you know how long a round actually feels, outside the ring its only 3 minutes, inside it feels like an eternity.

Dont really need that million, so, pass.

Tyson is still in shape and a beast. Pass.

He’d have to catch me before he could hit me!

Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Boxing is almost irrelevant in real life situations. MMA is not.
    Hahahahaha, keep dreaming.

The skilled boxer can win in like 90% of the situation in "real life". Just because he has skill and someone elso don't. Also - Boxing skills > MMA skills.

Check out the first video:

This is boxer in real life situation. Superb reflex and technique will be always better than a brute force, and that's why boxers are and will always be better.

OT:
    I'm pretty sure no one could even last a one round with him, even at his age right now.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-10-13 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He’d probably kill me with one punch, so no.
    ^ this person gets it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    she is a somebody, with a reputation, you're a joe schmo nobody
    i dunno i've got a good chance of also lasting 46 seconds before being knocked out like a bitch.

Of course. Would be easier if it was in the cage, but whatever. For one million I'd fight Mike Tyson even if he was wielding a knife and a taser.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    OT:
    I'm pretty sure no one could even last a one round with him, even at his age right now.
    You serious??? I guess liberals believe anything.

Man boxing gives you skill with hands no one denies that. And you can pick a fight with unknowing folks but moderately trained men in any sort of MMA could take boxers out in a real fight.
    Strength and size do matter...

Nice watch on that vid though.

I do not consider myself as a liberal. I know that strenght and size do matter, but they're nothing compared to the technique and reflex. I subjective think that MMA fighter wouldn't even come close to the boxer... though it's real life - there are plenty of outcomes from that scenario. If they were both on the ground? MMA
    If they were just 5 meters apart of themselves and they both could prepare for the fight? Boxer

But it's usually the one who does the sucker punch first wins...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Lol you mean like all the pro's who were those stats and got one shotted?
    Precisely. Tyson was insane against other pro boxers. Normal people would disintegrate in the ring with him.

Deleted
    Why boxing though? That's barbaric. We could talk about philosophy, how to overcome deconstructionism and come up with some good theories.

This is a bad deal. not a single person on these forums would still be standing after 1 round, much less 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Mike Tyson? Is this 1990?

Would do it for free tbh, that old midget doesn't scare me at all.
    Hith fithts are the fathtest.

Even though he's old he's thtill a fatht fighter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it, offer Mike $500K to chill in the ring with me for four rounds if he promises not to knock me out: keep the other $500K.

Definitely wouldn't do it otherwise.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    This is a bad deal. not a single person on these forums would still be standing after 1 round, much less 4.
    Very much this. If I got the million even if(when) I got knocked out, hell ya count me in. Otherwise forget it. People under estimate the speed and power even an old top level boxer has. And can we drop the usual MMA vs Boxing in a real fight BS please? Any kind of real training in martial arts, mma, boxing will give you a major edge in a fight. At least until the other guy pulls a gun.

Can conservatives ever have a discussion that doesn't start wirth " uh derrr liberals"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hahahahaha, keep dreaming.

The skilled boxer can win in like 90% of the situation in "real life". Just because he has skill and someone elso don't. Also - Boxing skills > MMA skills.

Check out the first video:

This is boxer in real life situation. Superb reflex and technique will be always better than a brute force, and that's why boxers are and will always be better.

OT:
    Speaking as a retired cagefighter, who had a boxing coach, you're both kind of wrong. Boxing is objectively less useful overall than MMA in an unsanctioned, 'open' fight. That doesn't mean that boxing is useless, or that a boxer can't outdo a cagefighter.

Essentially, mostly everything is useful, at least situationally in MMA. There are some things that would be ill-advised in a sudden fight (ground work isn't something you really want to hang out in when you don't know if your opponent has buddies).

Boxing, on the other hand, has a lot of its curriculum that's pretty much nullified outside the rules of boxing if your opponent has any idea of what to do. Bobbing and weaving is a terrible idea anywhere outside of a boxing ring. Boxing also doesn't address a lot of things that happen in a fight outside of a boxing ring.

That being said, being a boxer teaches you how to punch, and how to move correctly, and that puts you MILES ahead of an untrained person. The average person just sucks at fighting. They generally can't really hurt you with a punch even if you let them.

Outside of a boxing ring, being a fighter is generally better than being a boxer. However, being a boxer is WAY better than being nothing.

PS. Looking at the video of the old guy, it really generally looks like the old guy is trying to be a hero, while the younger guy was taking it easy. Old guy was being a bad partner.

- - - Updated - - -

In general, I'd take the offer in a second. If you're reasonably competent in a cage or a ring, you should be able to avoid being knocked out or seriously hurt well enough if you're not actively trying to outdamage the other person, no matter who they are. It's pretty easy to do just enough to shut down someone's attack if you're not trying to actively beat them.

Deleted
    in theory, if you dash to a corner and face your back to him, would you get disqualified or can you do that again and again to make the timer? and if he does hit you on the back, does he get disqualified?
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-13 at 11:19 PM.