Poll: $1,000,000 USD for 4 Rounds... With Mike Tyson.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way. You have to last 4 rounds, even running around like a chicken for 4 rounds, most people are not in good enough shape to do that and avoid his punches. I am older and not as quick or trained to be a boxer like he is. One reason I carry a .357 Mag revolver for protection. I do not have to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    in theory, if you dash to a corner and face your back to him, would you get disqualified or can you do that again and again to make the timer? and if he does hit you on the back, does he get disqualified?
    He would put you on the ground with one punch or so to the lower back. You want to risk losing a kidney? Or one punch to the back of the head would do it.

Id give it a shot at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Tyson had a way of working the body with the right then straight in to an upper cut which worked exceedingly well specifically against taller opponents. Even if, for some reason, he couldn't catch your head you're still open to some savage liver shots which are mind-numbingly excruciating.
    Im not saying it would be some tickle fight and a lot of fun. He is in his 50s and not nearly in the same shape he was before. I have had a decent amount of ring time myself and could at least run around and stay on the defensive long enough to get paid. Sure it also matters how much time he had to prep and his incentive to knock me out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone here would last 4 rounds Unless we have world class professionals here. Personally I'd be out cold in a few seconds most likely. So no, I would not even try, lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkendo View Post
    Id give it a shot at least.
    You mean you would be willing to take a shot. lol! Odds are, you would only have to take one.

TKO's are not a factor? Death would be a factor in that situation, sounds like a good deal, imagine the funeral with that budget! Even so I bet some of the bigger posters around here in their 20s to early 30s given sufficient time to train could at least survive, Mike is after all an old man now and out of training, lets not forget that Mike has been washed up since the 90s and squandered his talent.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You ever boxed before, because if you are quick, maybe, but 4 rounds is a lot of seconds, as far as block with a heavy weight, and I never went that class, but yeah, these guys hit hard, you still feel it.
    I have and I am pretty sure I could last the 12 minutes needed. Sure enough it would be worth taking the beating either way. I am younger, bigger, taller and I am sure stronger then him. He has a lot my ring time and knowledge on me, but he is also in his 50s. Hell by your own rules you said a TKO didn't matter so somebody could just keep flopping and chew off time that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    He would punch the soul out of my body. No thanks.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Im not saying it would be some tickle fight and a lot of fun. He is in his 50s and not nearly in the same shape he was before. I have had a decent amount of ring time myself and could at least run around and stay on the defensive long enough to get paid. Sure it also matters how much time he had to prep and his incentive to knock me out.
    That is a good point. But keep in mind, George Foreman is the oldest fighter to ever win the Heavy Weight Championship at the age of 45 and he went up against at the time, the undefeated Champion, 26 year old Roger Moore. Knocked him out cold in the 10th round. But as you mentioned, George had trained hard and wanted to win very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't think anyone here would last 4 rounds Unless we have world class professionals here. Personally I'd be out cold in a few seconds most likely. So no, I would not even try, lol.
    He hasn't boxed in 12 years and that was a joke match. He is in his 50s, hasn't been at his prime for almost 30 years. You don't have to win you just have to last. I think the trap many would fall into was trying to be too offensive and getting caught at some point and going down like a sack of potatoes.

I have and I am pretty sure I could last the 12 minutes needed. Sure enough it would be worth taking the beating either way. I am younger, bigger, taller and I am sure stronger then him. He has a lot my ring time and knowledge on me, but he is also in his 50s. Hell by your own rules you said a TKO didn't matter so somebody could just keep flopping and chew off time that way.
    What makes you think you are stronger or faster than him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is a good point. But keep in mind, George Foreman is the oldest fighter to ever win the Heavy Weight Championship at the age of 45 and he went up against at the time, the undefeated Champion, 26 year old Roger Moore. Knocked him out cold in the 10th round. But as you mentioned, George had trained hard and wanted to win very badly.
    George kept boxing that entire time. Tyson after the mid 90s did less and less and hasn't done any for over 12 years. It would be a rough 12 minutes don't get me wrong, but based on the rules of this fantasy I think doable. You could keep locking up with him and burning clock and flopping and burning clock since TKOs aren't an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    George kept boxing that entire time. Tyson after the mid 90s did less and less and hasn't done any for over 12 years. It would be a rough 12 minutes don't get me wrong, but based on the rules of this fantasy I think doable. You could keep locking up with him and burning clock and flopping and burning clock since TKOs aren't an option.
    Not the whole time. After he retired before his comeback, he had not did much at all. Gained weight and was primarily a preacher and worked on his ranch. But he did train hard once he decided to make a come back. Still one of the biggest sports comebacks and upsets in history I think. Very inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    What makes you think you are stronger or faster than him?
    Because I have seen him doing things in public and know my own limitations and abilities. Now I also know that playing basketball a few times a week and staying in shape to do things like Tough Mudder isn't going to help me much in a boxing ring. I also know I could easily run in a circle for 12 minutes, grab onto him when he got close and flop if I took too many hits. It wouldn't be entertaining, but I don't care about that. I am sure even with all of that he would put in some rather painful hits even being a shell of what he was. For a million dollars and just to do it I would happily give it a try though, you don't have to win you just have to last for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I would try for sure, i can take getting knocked out if it comes to that and it most likely will doubt the krav maga will help in there, perhaps dance around making him tired as he have not ben active for a while.
    lololol /10

I would pay a million dollars to watch you skinny keyboard warriors get destroyed by Mike Tyson in <1 round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    lololol /10
    If i get knocked out i get knocked out its nothing. Been in alot of fights and sometimes you get knocked out its no big deal unless your scared of getting your as wooped and im not. You cant win them all.

They guy is also 50 years old and not been in a fight for 12 years i think, would still woop my as seeing as he was a champion and did this for a very long time but i would be more worried if it was in his prime.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-10-14 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Boxing rules only?
    What happens if the old man doesn't last 4 rounds?
    Yes I would attempt, not sure of the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hahahahaha, keep dreaming.

The skilled boxer can win in like 90% of the situation in "real life". Just because he has skill and someone elso don't. Also - Boxing skills > MMA skills.

Check out the first video:

This is boxer in real life situation. Superb reflex and technique will be always better than a brute force, and that's why boxers are and will always be better.

OT:
    I'm pretty sure no one could even last a one round with him, even at his age right now.
    You have no clue do you? A boxer would only be able to accomplish that shit on a non trained person or a yellowbelt toddler.
    Why the fuck do you think no one uses boxing in mma.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have dense bones, an excessive pain tolerance, and I've survived being hit by a bus. I can just back up and block the whole time. doesn't say I have to actually fight.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Could get lucky

Ive been knocked out before from a sucker punch it's not that bad, you just sleep for a while and wake up with a headache haha.
    Well I think this will hurt allot more then a random streetlight if he's able to hook you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I have dense bones, an excessive pain tolerance, and I've survived being hit by a bus. I can just back up and block the whole time. doesn't say I have to actually fight.
    Pain in the act is never the issue unless you get your ear bitten off