Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New lock animations

I'm just curious whether there has been any news on whether warlocks will be getting new animations in 7.3.5 . Or if not, any guesses on whether that will happen. I'm wanting to get back into wow, but I am needing something to spice up my lock a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to know it too and am curious what they want to make with Affliction animations :-D don't know if there is much they can make.

Deleted
    Oh my sweet summerchild.

Next expansion, if we're lucky.

You've got like 3 revamps in the lat few expansions, you can wait your turn for some attention :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Would like to know it too and am curious what they want to make with Affliction animations :-D don't know if there is much they can make.
    Better drain soul animation (like in WoD/MoP), and well a bunch of wrist flicking for our small dots and I imagine a fancy animation for Unstable Affliction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    You've got like 3 revamps in the lat few expansions, you can wait your turn for some attention :P
    A class constantly getting revamped is not a sign of them loving warlocks or giving us attention, but of a failure of design. We need all the attention in the world. Just look at Demo, before you come to the lock forum and talk out of your ass :P
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-10-14 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Better drain soul animation (like in WoD/MoP), and well a bunch of wrist flicking for our small dots and I imagine a fancy animation for Unstable Affliction.

- - - Updated - - -

A class constantly getting revamped is not a sign of them loving warlocks or giving us attention, but of a failure of design. We need all the attention in the world. Just look at Demo, before you come to the lock forum and talk out of your ass :P
    Warlock was my first ever character in 2005, and as such holds a special place in my heart, I just got new shaman anims so I'm happy, they do indeed need an update.

Schizophrenia isn't a good trait to have, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Schizophrenia isn't a good trait to have, btw.
    What? Try to make some semblance of sense please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unar View Post
    I'm just curious whether there has been any news on whether warlocks will be getting new animations in 7.3.5 . Or if not, any guesses on whether that will happen. I'm wanting to get back into wow, but I am needing something to spice up my lock a bit.
    no news on exactly when other then "maybe 7.3.5. maybe later"
    im thinking next expansion because they plan to remake the specs AGAIN and save for then, or just dont with to deal with until then.
    For example i hope they would just make enslave demon work like tame beast.. i wanna control what demons i use and what colour they are and what they look like.
    Also i hope they make the soulshards glyph show to other people... there is no reason they shouldent...

sadly the three demo specs are VERY reliant on the artifacts in traits and in ability to have them feel very good at all without them.. So i think we will get ANOTHER rework...
    please, demonic empowerment is just so clunky
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

What? Try to make some semblance of sense please.
    Erm sorry I meant bi-polar. Broke rule 1 of dont drink and post. Getting constant sweeping redesigns is not good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Erm sorry I meant bi-polar. Broke rule 1 of dont drink and post. Getting constant sweeping redesigns is not good thing.
    What do you mean? Demonology needs way less stuff to track now! (:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Deleted
    First we need a spec revamp for 2 out of 3 specs, then we can talk about animations

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be in eventually. I hope they take this extra time to further refine the outcome. I certainly hope Chaos Bolt won't be turned into this fel mud splash we got with CB Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They will be in eventually. I hope they take this extra time to further refine the outcome. I certainly hope Chaos Bolt won't be turned into this fel mud splash we got with CB Portal.
    They did a great job with the last round, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There is never going to be a single design to suit everyone.
    Someone will always insist it needs work, and it is obvious that no class should be ever considered "finished".
    Conditions change, with the introduction of demon hunter prompting of the more vocally hated warlock overhauls, but one that even if the opinion is not popular, I feel was needed for differentiation. Meta NEVER fitted warlocks. Players just wanted to believe it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Balance druids got a rework literally every expansion. And they got new animations and spells effects the first round this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Balance druids got a rework literally every expansion. And they got new animations and spells effects the first round this expansion.
    If you read my subsequent replied I agreed, just poking a bit of fun at the Lok's :P

revamps are not always good

they have been shit for all monk specs, demo sucks now, and destruction is not near as enjoyable as it once was.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't improve perfection *hugs affliction*

Jokes aside there's not really much that can be done to improve affliction, like the enemy is more likely to get more enjoyment out of any improvements to visuals than we are

Some new spell animations are already in the game. Different demonic npcs on argus use them. (rain of fire, incinirate)