10+ Year Old Account
    Current watch list:

High quality:
    Mahoutsukai no Yome
    Garo: Vanishing Line
    Inuyashiki

Meh:
    Black Clover (TV) (right now only 2 episodes of recap)
    Ousama Game The Animation

Wtf i just watched:
    Fireball Humorous

New shit:
    Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru
    Sho-bitch na Ken
    Onyankopon
    Ame-iro Cocoa Series: Ame-con!!
    Evil or Live
    Don't sweat the details!!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Since all the new shows have aired, I thought I'd share some of my opinions on the selection this time around.

Amazing
    • Houseki no Kuni: Because of my habit to just skim over upcoming season charts, I didn’t even know of this series’ existence until I downloaded the first episode. And it was one hell of a surprise. There is something about post-apocalyptic fantasy that just clicks with me. Really, I love everything about this series’ world: the gems, the moon people, and the mysterious nature of how everything ties together. It’s all brilliant. I actually binged all the translated chapters of the manga a few days after the first episode. Hell, I even ordered physical copies. I don’t think I’ve ever actually done this for any other airing series.
      Some will probably be put off by the CG in the anime, but I honestly believe it works well with the aesthetic of the setting. The characters are also surprisingly expressive compared to what we usually see in CG. You’re really doing a disservice to yourself if you avoid this solely because of the CG.
    • Mahoutsukai no Yome: Quite simply, this is how you do a manga adaptation. I’m actually amazed at how well the first episode perfectly encapsulated everything that makes the manga so great. It’s easy to imagine what a show like this would have looked like if given to a shit studio, so I’m really thankful it went to Wit Studio. I look forward to seeing more of the manga brought to life.

Great
    • Kino no Tabi: I’m a fan of the original, and I believe the modern makeover really did a service to the series. It looks good, and the overall composition/direction honestly seems better than what we got in the original.
    • Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou: Post-apocalyptic and comfiness don’t seem like they’d go hand in hand, but this anime shows you how it’s done. Some complaints I’ve seen talk about how they wish more was done with the setting, and while I haven’t read the source, as long as things continue as is I’d be perfectly happy. Part of the reason I like post-apocalyptic settings so much is that certain sense of isolation, and this show ticks off all the right checkboxes.
    • GARO -VANISHING LINE-: While I do prefer the fantasy setting of the first anime, I can still see myself having fun with this. Maybe I’m just thankful this isn’t terrible like the second Garo anime.

Decent
    • Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: Despite loving the first season I didn’t like this first episode that much. I’m all for style over substance, but it’s almost like this anime is too stylish. It’s chaotic and crazy, but it reaches a point where the craziness all blends together and I no longer give a shit. Maybe my tastes have just changed. Regardless, it’s still fun, it’s just not a series I will look forward to that much every week.
    • Blend S: This reminds me of Working!, except this time the main character is a cute girl. A definite improvement. Unfortunately, the manager kind of ruins the show with his dumb gags so I hope he doesn’t appear often.
    • Konohana Kitan: It’s fun, and reminds me of Urara from a few seasons ago.
    • Just Because!: There isn’t much to say here, because nothing much happened in the first episode. But I still liked it. My only issue is the art is kind of mediocre.
    • Juuni Taisen: The Holy Grail War, Chinese Zodiac addition. It’s written by Nisio and is guaranteed to have a conclusive ending (seeing as the source is finished), so I see no reason not to watch this. It likely won’t be anything amazing, but I can bet I’ll have fun watching it.
    • Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau: Another post-apocalyptic fantasy. I love it. In many ways this reminds me of Shinseki yori, though it’s obviously not going to have the same tone. The backgrounds are beautiful and the world seems interesting. My only fear is the narrative - I’m getting Gargantia vibes here for some reason, which isn’t good. I just feel like the story is not going to match up to the setting we have. Hopefully these fears end up unwarranted.
    • Inuyashiki: This was decent. I’m not sure where it’ll go from here, but it reminds somewhat of Parasyte, and I could see it going down a familiar path. My only complaint is the CG: it’s used unnecessarily and doesn’t blend well with the rest of the anime. You can immediately tell when the old man switches from a regular drawing to the 3d model.

Passable
    • Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi: This is an otome adaptation, but it’s still okay. I might just watch it since the main girl is really cute and voiced by Saori.
    • Net-juu no Susume: The first episode was honestly kind of boring. It could still pick up later though, so I’ll continue for now.
    • Love Live! Sunshine!! 2: It’s Love Live. I can’t say any of the Love Live animes have been that good, as they’re usually bogged down by drama, but as long as they have cute girls it’s fine. Besides, everyone knows the best part about Love Live is the doujins.
    • Imouto sae Ireba Ii: The art kind of looks like trash but silver is cute.

Trash (dropped/probably will)
    • Black Clover: Even without the meme MC and his yelling, this is terrible.
    • Dies irae: I’ve heard good things about the VN, but this was pretty bad. Apparently they adapted some side story instead of the actual prologue which is why it’s confusing, but regardless the animation still looks like some trash from the early 2000s.
    • Ousama Game The Animation: This is trash, but it’s the sort of trash that could be fun to watch. Even though I have every reason to drop this I’ll probably still watch it.
    • Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken: The art looks bad, and the comedy is not very funny. I want to say I’ll watch it because the girls are cute but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.
    • Anime-Gataris: This was kind of boring, and I stopped paying attention halfway through. Just didn’t have anything worthwhile to it.
    • URAHARA: At first, I thought this show was kind of charming in a way. But then the aliens came and I realized this is just dumb.
    • Two Car: The girls are cute, but this is a sports anime about a really weird sport I never knew even existed. And they don’t really do a good job and making it seem hype. I don’t think the cute girls will be able to keep me watching.

tl;dr : This is a pretty good season. Post-apocalyptic settings are best girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read it on wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuyashiki

Seems like its gona get more interesting later. Details are great tho:
    http://shrani.si/f/3I/mc/22zUfP7C/wa...ki-episode.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It’s easy to imagine what a show like this would have looked like if given to a shit studio, so I’m really thankful it went to Wit Studio. I look forward to seeing more of the manga brought to life.
    I remember when we were scared that Wit got it and thought it should have gone to Madhouse.

@Sesto

Nice post, now to begin leeching off people's reviews to figure out what to watch...

However, for those we have watched, I most strongly agree with Kekkai Sensen S2. I thought the first season was passable in its own right, but you really hit the nail on the head with how this episode felt: "...this anime is too stylish. It’s chaotic and crazy, but it reaches a point where the craziness all blends together and I no longer give a shit." Maybe like you my tastes have simply changed, but there's a good chance I'll drop this.

Other than that watched Houseki no Kuni (I don't mind CG; it was alrightish), Kino no Tabi (watched first one, this one is more of the same "okay"), and Mahoutsukai no Yome (solid start, need to see where it goes). I'll probably try mudwhales for the potential and maybe post-apocalyptic tanks, but the reports of the latter being "comfy" mean it probably isn't for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I've been meaning to watch Welcome to the NHK for... well, since January 2015, apparently, lol. Maybe I'll actually start it tonight, since no anime from this season is interesting to me...
    Expect a lot of weird the first episode, and more than a bit of vulgar. Baste in common psychology. Sprinkle in a bit of Japanese-unique inappropriateness and you have NHK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I watched the first 12 episodes in one sitting.
    Whew...You enjoyed it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [URL="https://i.imgur.com/4Nqb78Y.jpg"][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/jWUzV0A.png[IMG][URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I remember when we were scared that Wit got it and thought it should have gone to Madhouse.
    This one still amuses me. It would have been strange if it wasnt I.G. or WIT to begin with. Mag Garden the magazine thats mahoutsukai is published in is owned by Production I.G. and WIT is a port of I.G.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

GARO VP ep2: this show is right on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    @Pvt Hudson
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Kp6TvAy.jpg[IMG]
    So you must be rolling in crying catgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Everytime? Hmmmm.....

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=256544/end-of-all-things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anime is dying because you're all pirates!
    Arg, matey. I be a Saiyan, yyeeearrrgggg...

Parrot: SQUACK! Saiyan I am. SQUACK!

ARRRRGG!

What the hell happened to the animation quality in NHK episode 19? Jesus it was SSY-levels of inconsistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post

However, for those we have watched, I most strongly agree with Kekkai Sensen S2. I thought the first season was passable in its own right, but you really hit the nail on the head with how this episode felt: "...this anime is too stylish. It’s chaotic and crazy, but it reaches a point where the craziness all blends together and I no longer give a shit." Maybe like you my tastes have simply changed, but there's a good chance I'll drop this.
    I kinda feel like the high craziness level of the first episode was intentional to reintroduce viewers to the insane place that is Hellsalem's Lot. Personally, I loved the first episode but I will say that the second episode was probably better since it is much more focused and less hectic. It told a simple and straightforward story that was largely a flashback to the day of the collapse which was great to see. It also introduced a pretty fun and interesting new character that I am guessing will be joining Libra considering she is in the OP.

In other news, Blend S really is this season's Working! and I am quite enjoying it. The "little sister" character, Mafuyu, is easily my favorite but the chef, Akizuki, was also pretty great this episode with his whole thing about wanting to see some female customers because he just assumes that any females who would come to a shop like theirs would have to be yuri.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2017-10-14 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anime is dying because you're all pirates!
    Anime strike isnt available to us in the uk, Netflix dosnt similcast. Where as catsite is always there.

- - - Updated - - -

Needs more thighs in here.

Going to agree with @Skizzit on Kekkai Sensen. Episode 1 (especially after watching EP2) seemed to have been a refresher to the madness of that world. It slowed down to tell a bit of back story and, hopefully, introduce a new character to the group.

EP2 of Ancient Magus Bride was more brilliance. Show oozes melancholy and wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always surprised at how many haven't read the Mahou manga. I thought it was a staple.

Funny story on that actually. I was in a mindset that I was going to go hard on manga one day, so I started reading a bunch of manga, and would look at the "recently uploaded" on manga websites to see what was coming out, and would specifically look for chapter 1's, and would literally read anything that came out to see how the first chapter was. Two manga I remember finding out that way ended up being Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku and Mahou Tsukai no Yome. I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough I can find myself sperging about the first chapter of Mahou somewhere in this thread.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2017-10-15 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Anime strike isnt available to us in the uk, Netflix dosnt similcast. Where as catsite is always there.

- - - Updated - - -

Needs more thighs in here.
    [IMG]https://78.media.tumblr.com/01c9dc4e4595d1a6b0cefdd47d7db859/tumblr_oxub5jcEhH1uoezqwo1_500.gif[IMG]
    Last edited by bals; 2017-10-15 at 07:42 AM.