Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Boys are boys and girls are girls. Our descendants are going to look back on us and laugh for trying to change nature.
    The point of "intersex" is, that they have primary physical traits of BOTH sexes. So technically they are neither boys or girls...

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    5 boys, 1 girl, all successful in their fields/business so sorry
    Oh no don't be sorry, I'm happy that your children were born perfect, and glad a special child didn't fall under your care, some parents don't have the same luck, but they still deeply love and care for their children all the same. Best wishes.

You're either XX or XY mate
    Nope. http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex

Which isn't true either. While true for most people, there are XY women for example, having a complete androgene resistence, appearing female. There are people, having XXY chromosomes, or females having only one X chromosome, and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    This kind of thing shouldn't be legal until the patient is 18.
    There is not much help that can be given by the time they're 18, other than attempts at appearance correction which is usually not really succesful.

- - - Updated - - -

There are conditions where humans have more or less chromosomes than they're supposed to have. Examples from the top of my head would be Turner's syndrome 45 X and Trisomia 21, better known as Down's syndrome. Such conditions fall under aneuploidia, the phenomenon where a person has more or less than 46 chromosomes.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-13 at 10:15 PM.

theres certain disorders where you're born with more or less X or Y chromosomes, as well disorders where you're born with genitalia that doesn't match your sex (or both even).

Intersex is a medical condition, not asinine genderpolitics (and your views on such has no relevance to this discussion).

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boys are boys and girls are girls. Our descendants are going to look back on us and laugh for trying to change nature.
    C'mon man, you've heard of hermaphrodites before right? They're not talking about changing sexes, but being born with some possible chromosome abnormality or having both sets of sexual organs, as well as other situations...

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So, you are ok, with parents making life changing decissions for their child, without waiting for even ask the child, that might cripple the child for a lifetime? If not, that's the entire point of the article.
    The doctors and to some extend the parents made this man's life miserable, because of performing such a surgery, based on vague guesses.

The outrage over teenagers, wanting to get treated because of gender identity appears to be always quite load. But by perfoming such a surgery on babies... Nothing.

Read the article. They performed that surgery on a baby. Who is to young to talk or anything. They didn't tell the parents to wait, till the child can speak for himself, and consultate a therapist. They just performed the surgery and told the parents, to treat him as a girl, which lead to the entire problem.
    There is no usually no "choice" to be made because deciding not to go through with it is a thousand times more problematic than going through with it; intersex corrections are done early on, on babies, because that is the window that provides the most succesful corrections and far less psychological problems. There is no "choice" to be made once someone is an adult because that opens up a myriad of other problems which are extremely hard to correct afterwards, both physically and mentally. You're then stuck with huge obstacles.

Anatomical, endocrynological and genetical predispositions are all taken into account when correcting these.

Quote Originally Posted by joykay
    And the vague guesses are vague, because you don'T know, what the kids identity is. They just guess it on what looks more developed, or which is easier to remove, and usually on very young ages, like in that case, long before they can speak.
    It is essentially a repeated Reimer experiment, which didn't work out either.
    Do you really think that is how correctional surgeries are peformed? Depending on what it looks like to the experts at any given time?

It is not based on guessing. There are ample tests which are done before surgeries are performed and no, "being able to talk or voice their opinion" has got nothing to do with these. It is very easy to determine wether someone is meant to be a male or female by simply doing a karyotype profiling. In this case, they knew he was supposed to be born a healthy male, but wasn't.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-13 at 10:49 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    intersex is natural

Like albinos or conjoined twins, or saw some dude with a heart outside his chest.

They are just freaks of fucking nature
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    You're confusing intersex with transgender

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Hospitals have budgets man. Moneys gotta come from somewhere
    Fortunately the NHS doesn't refuse medical care because only a small % suffer because that's retarded

- - - Updated - - -

What's embarrassing is the fucking article I linked explains intersex

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    6 posts in, 2 of them apparently don't know what intersex is and seem to think this is Tumblr. 10/10 start.
    Mmmm. Made a bet with myself when I clicked on the thread. I "won".

- - - Updated - - -

Um, maybe you should do some research lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Um, maybe you should do some research lol.
    Apparently it's my fault for not explaining despite the article

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I'm in your thread. To learn this shit. Saying "go educate yourself" when YOU start a topic is lazy as hell. I read your opening post, I make a comment, you comment on my opinion and we learn something. Why should I waste my time scouring the internet for something I don't know I'm looking for when you already have that info here?
    I'm not here to educate people on things I expect as common knowledge - usually if you're ignorant of a subject you either ignore or do basic research beforehand - hell you didn't even read the link before posting

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you clearly need to sorely educate yourself on this, I'd suggest starting with Kleinfelter Syndrome (XXY) and Turner Syndrome (XO).

And just to reiterate what others have already said, there are a lot more than that. You should probably not make claims on subjects you aren't well-versed on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    There's nothing you could have done, there is a cadre of posters who are deeply ignorant on this issue and they are in no hurry to educate themselves.

Why do all that work and have to use their brains when they could just shitpost and sneer?

- - - Updated - - -

I vote we use that pit for malformed babies like in 300
    Don't know whether to feel contempt or pity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So, you are ok, with parents making life changing decissions for their child, without waiting for even ask the child, that might cripple the child for a lifetime?
    Be nice if we lived in a world where that was never necessary. Unfortunately we don't and biology doesn't always wait until we are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They are all rodeo clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Since you clearly need to sorely educate yourself on this, I'd suggest starting with Kleinfelter Syndrome (XXY) and Turner Syndrome (XO).

And just to reiterate what others have already said, there are a lot more than that. You should probably not make claims on subjects you aren't well-versed on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Ultracrepidarian. It's a word for people like him @Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Be nice if we lived in a world where that was never necessary. Unfortunately we don't and biology doesn't always wait until we are ready.
    Necessary surgeries are necessary surgeries. True. And I guess, noone truely argues those. However, unlike creating for example an exit for urine for menstruation, some surgeries are are not necessary, and might lead to enormous trouble, if your guessing was wrong.
    And in this case, it really appears like a repeated Reimer experiment, to just "rise him as a girl".
    Unnecessary surgeries are loudly critisized since the nineties, and are considered a violation of human rights.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but the hospital was founded there in 1852. It isn't very common for DSD in a given area and most times, the parents of the patient should seek suitable care where they can find it rather than blaming an institution that has been there much longer than they have even been alive. It isn't the hospitals duty to provide care for any and all health issues as they have to use what resources they have available.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, it's your fault for expecting someone to know something that they don't and then refuse to tell them so as to keep them ignorant. If you have information share it. If you won't do that then don't talk shit about someone who doesn't know.

I'm not here to educate people on things I expect as common knowledge
    Intersexuality and all that it's about isn't common knowledge. And if you're not here to educate people why the hell are you posting in the first place?

- usually if you're ignorant of a subject you either ignore or do basic research beforehand -
    Or you discuss it with people who do know, like you. Which is why I'm on these forums, to learn things I couldn't find looking through other places on the internet. People with first hand or professional experience or who have read up on the subject from better sources than I could ever find. You also can't know what you're looking for when you don't know what you are looking for. I didn't know intersexuality was a thing till yesterday. I knew what a hermaphrodites but not the term "intersexuality."

hell you didn't even read the link before posting
    Because it looked like you quoted the entire article. Why would I click the link when you've already posted what looks like everything in it?

After clicking the link and looking at the "Read more" there are articles titled "At 12 I grew a beard and had a period" and "Doctors 'played God' with my body." Why the hell would I want to read something click baitie as that? After skimming the third one it looked like it had information worth spending time reading.

So why the hell would I go through all that bullshit when here you are with information on the subject?

Deleted
    No, it's your fault for expecting someone to know something that they don't and then refuse to tell them so as to keep them ignorant. If you have information share it. If you won't do that then don't talk shit about someone who doesn't know.

Intersexuality and all that it's about isn't common knowledge. And if you're not here to educate people why the hell are you posting in the first place?

Or you discuss it with people who do know, like you. Which is why I'm on these forums, to learn things I couldn't find looking through other places on the internet. People with first hand or professional experience or who have read up on the subject from better sources than I could ever find. You also can't know what you're looking for when you don't know what you are looking for. I didn't know intersexuality was a thing till yesterday. I knew what a hermaphrodites but not the term "intersexuality."

Because it looked like you quoted the entire article. Why would I click the link when you've already posted what looks like everything in it?

After clicking the link and looking at the "Read more" there are articles titled "At 12 I grew a beard and had a period" and "Doctors 'played God' with my body." Why the hell would I want to read something click baitie as that? After skimming the third one it looked like it had information worth spending time reading.

So why the hell would I go through all that bullshit when here you are with information on the subject?
    1. The information was in the link

2. Intersex isn't exactly uncommon knowledge either

3. Always click the link

It isn't my fault you embarrassed yourself