10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Did they change Mercy's Guardian Angel(or whatever it's called) or is it bugged? It's like I can't control Mercy the way I used to before her change. Like flying longer than I intended too, which wasn't a problem before.
    Also, how fucking close do I need to be to ress someone? Feel like I have to run up in melee range almost to ress someone.
    Yes, they ‘fixed some bugs’ with her momentum and flying with GA.

And yes, you actually have to put yourself in danger to res.

Blizzard really needs to add some feature to block players from ending up on your team. 3 games in a row even though I waited 10 minutes between the first and second game and 20 minutes between the second and third game, I get a reinhardt that's just charging in, dies while charging or he charges in and starts swinging his hammer and screams at the team to learn to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Did they change Mercy's Guardian Angel(or whatever it's called) or is it bugged? It's like I can't control Mercy the way I used to before her change. Like flying longer than I intended too, which wasn't a problem before.
    Also, how fucking close do I need to be to ress someone? Feel like I have to run up in melee range almost to ress someone.
    The new flight mechanic is you select a target and start your flight and then you can go where you want for the distance of the flight, you are not required to go from point A to B. This way Junk rat can’t expect you to land at B and bomb there.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    New season high last night after 5 straight win, so I've climbed over 400SR in a week, and still 260SR off my Career high. Wish I wasn't working today so I could have stayed up to see if the win streak would keep going. 2200 seems my 'average' anyway so I'm also semi-tempted to stop here for the season and just mess about in JR and practice/relearn some of my lesser played heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The new flight mechanic is you select a target and start your flight and then you can go where you want for the distance of the flight, you are not required to go from point A to B. This way Junk rat can’t expect you to land at B and bomb there.
    No, it's the opposit. Could already do that before, now I don't and just fly a longer distance than I wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played in some time, decided to give it a shot and get some of the new halloween stuff.

Didn't take long. Doomfist is retarded OP. Not playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Haven't played in some time, decided to give it a shot and get some of the new halloween stuff.

As someone who plays quite a bit of Junkrat it's my favorite thing to bait Dumbfist into a trap and then blow him up while he sits there completely helpless. Alternatively, Sombra hack makes him a harmless sitting duck.

10+ Year Old Account

DF is considered worse than trash tier. The fact I’ve never lost a game with him on my side seems irrelevant to the actual stats.

He was pretty OP for a while but he got nerfed and doesn't really fit in the meta right now at all.

I wouldn't say he's below trash tier but he's certainly not OP anymore.

Can't get out of gold because there are so. many. goddamn. trolls.

I'm astonished there are this many in the world let alone the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I have literally never seen him picked in competitive. Not even by trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    He was pretty OP for a while but he got nerfed and doesn't really fit in the meta right now at all.

I wouldn't say he's below trash tier but he's certainly not OP anymore.
    Of all the characters in the game DF is trash tier just below Mei. I had 2 in a comp game last night and no surprise we lost as they refused to switch. Now mind you in the hands of the right person, yes they can still be good but the general population can’t bring that level of skill.
    If Mei has the ability to freeze in a cone on multiple targets to punish players who deathball she would be useful, but she only freezes one at a time and if there are other enemies near they wipe her out.
    She gives up lethality for survival and since she isn’t a tank she doesn’t really survive past her abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't get out of gold because there are so. many. goddamn. trolls.

I'm astonished there are this many in the world let alone the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I have literally never seen him picked in competitive. Not even by trolls.
    There are trolls at every tier, you would be kidding yourself to believe otherwise.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Of all the characters in the game DF is trash tier just below Mei. I had 2 in a comp game last night and no surprise we lost as they refused to switch. Now mind you in the hands of the right person, yes they can still be good but the general population can’t bring that level of skill.
    If Mei has the ability to freeze in a cone on multiple targets to punish players who deathball she would be useful, but she only freezes one at a time and if there are other enemies near they wipe her out.
    She gives up lethality for survival and since she isn’t a tank she doesn’t really survive past her abilities.
    Mei is a great character for holding objectives, but the meta still seems to favor the unfun dive comps atm. Her lethality comes from her ultra accurate right click, left click is more utility. You can easily counter snipe a wm or hanzo with her, or pick off a mercy in the backlines if you have any aim at all.

Doomfist is just garbage. Amusingly, he's even more garbage if the enemy team has a Mei :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

- - - Updated - - -

There are trolls at every tier, you would be kidding yourself to believe otherwise.
    I'm assuming skilled player is playing said hero, or you could make the argument about Tracer being a mediocre too because no one below 3.5k is actually good at her.

But yeah, Doomfist is bad right now but he's not some instant lose hero to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Four DPS. Is. Not. Meta.

I wish I could drill this into peoples' heads. It doesn't work, especially with no healer. Why do people keep insisting on "trying" it?

There's also a hell of a lot of terrible Pharahs out there who don't counter heroes that literally can't him them, like Reaper, Junkrat, Genji, even though they're clearly causing the rest of the team problems.

On the plus side: https://plays.tv/video/59e284cb1e5eb...va-fun-police-

10+ Year Old Account
    Doomfist can, if he gets mildly lucky, get an instant pick. And them immediately die a horrible death from focus fire. So unless that one pick is all you needed to break the enemy team, it's an even trade at best.

His big issue is that while his pick game is relatively strong, he has very little sustained-fire game. Uppercut and his jump smash are mostly good for mobility or setting up a punch, and his 4-shot limit means he can't hang back and whittle down shields like basically everyone else could.

And you're trading all that for the hope you can do a punch and NOT get gibbed instantly in trade. Not really worth it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Mei is a great character for holding objectives, but the meta still seems to favor the unfun dive comps atm. Her lethality comes from her ultra accurate right click, left click is more utility. You can easily counter snipe a wm or hanzo with her, or pick off a mercy in the backlines if you have any aim at all.

Doomfist is just garbage. Amusingly, he's even more garbage if the enemy team has a Mei :P
    Her right click is not ultra accurate, the delay between trigger pull, icicle formation and firing said ammo is too long for her to be ultra accurate. You have to predict where the enemy will be or keep your recticle over the target until the ammo hits, which is not easy against human players.
    Widow and McCree are ultra accurate, they pull the trigger and damage is instantly applied.

She's not hitscan, nothing to do with accuracy. About the same experience as sniping with hanzo.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    She's not hitscan, nothing to do with accuracy. About the same experience as sniping with hanzo.
    The big difference is that with Hanzo, you charge and HOLD, and release at will.

With Mei, it charges and fires automatically, so you can't shoot immediately, you have to shoot while tracking ahead of them for a solid second or so before it actually fires. And if they duck behind cover after you pull the trigger, well, you're stuck in that firing loop.

If Mei could hold that shot like Hanzo they'd be pretty similar, but as it is, she's a lot harder to snipe with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Four DPS. Is. Not. Meta.

I wish I could drill this into peoples' heads. It doesn't work, especially with no healer. Why do people keep insisting on "trying" it?

There's also a hell of a lot of terrible Pharahs out there who don't counter heroes that literally can't him them, like Reaper, Junkrat, Genji, even though they're clearly causing the rest of the team problems.

On the plus side: https://plays.tv/video/59e284cb1e5eb...va-fun-police-
    Better get used to it. Current " of really Meta but it is Meta because we want it to be Meta" of Plat and just before (started around 2380 for me), is constantly running 3-4 damage, 1-2 tanks, and a solo healer. As a matter of fact, on a personal level, I think it's been that way almost the entire season for me. It's actually getting to the point that I'm about to start solo healing with Lucio again, just for some variety. Most of my playtime this season is now on Mercy, simply because I end up solo healing so many matches and she's just more effective for it. That doesn't mean Lucio can't, as he is who I started with this season and climbed to 2200 before swapping to Mercy, but you get a lot less team bitching with Mercy than you do with Lucio. Flip side is I can be a lot more aggressive with him, which some games seem to be necessary because some of the teams I get are too scared to make a push, even after we get 3 picks with 5-6 of us still alive.
    Good Genji's are actually decent at countering Pharah's. Over time I e gotten so used to her movement she's a very easy target to hit, and while I'm not good enough to play Genji (never play him and hate the character), I see a lot of Pharah deaths to Genji lately.
    Noticed my losing games are having the same issues I had previously: people picking Genji and getting hard countered by Winston, where my teams Winston ignores the enemy Genji running behind us and dive bombs into the middle of Roadhog, Reaper, and any other tank around to die instantly, then bitch they got no heals.
    Had 1 game where 1 person was complaining so bad my team actually came to my defense, stating we only had 1 healer and they were suicide bombing the team. Kind of nice to have support from your team vs people trying to place blame on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The big difference is that with Hanzo, you charge and HOLD, and release at will.

With Mei, it charges and fires automatically, so you can't shoot immediately, you have to shoot while tracking ahead of them for a solid second or so before it actually fires. And if they duck behind cover after you pull the trigger, well, you're stuck in that firing loop.

If Mei could hold that shot like Hanzo they'd be pretty similar, but as it is, she's a lot harder to snipe with.
    You're right, of course. My point was that her shots have no spread or dropoff, making it possible to do large chunks of damage to targets who aren't expecting it once you get the hang of her. Seeing how many people even in plat who stop moving when they don't think an enemy is around, it's entirely possible to get some good picks, which charges her game changing ulti pretty quickly.
    (I don't play Mei outside of QP, this is more a theoretical debate than any great love I have for the character)